• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh: Deion Sanders comments 'a bunch of crap'

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Balke and Harbaugh don't like each other is old news. I don't like everyone at my job, but as long as we keep doing things correctly and the paychecks keep coming steady, we keep tolerating each other.

It's when you start losing, or start off rocky like they have this year, that these kinds of issues suddenly grow legs.

At the end of this year, Harbaugh's either getting an extension or he's fired. NFL teams don't let coaches get to the end of their contracts. If they make the NFCC again, he's extended. If they fail to make the playoffs, which is a possibility given their division, then he's out. If they lose in the divisional round or wild card game, they might have to think about it, but I figure he'd get another couple of years as long as they make the playoffs.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He punched him in the face and broke his hand in the process. He wound up being put on the PUP-non game related list which is essentially a suspension and lost a few hundred grand.

At the time Kelly was sports personality for CBS and Harbaugh was playing for the Colts.

Wow, I'm surprised I don't remember that. I remember Sanders throwing water on (Dammit, his name escapes me, just retired as a baseball analyst, catcher for the Cards back in Gibson's day) like a total punk.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clarify here:

Deion Sanders and Trent Dilfer aren't even close to being journalists....
There former players that got an on air gig, frankly there are better former players that can speak better then these two idiots...

They both literally make me sick. The only one I can think of who's worse than them is Michael Irvin. I refuse to watch them anymore.

That said, cracks are appearing in the Harbaugh facade. Dude is a selfish prick and is overrated. He'll be in Ann Arbor next season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm surprised I don't remember that. I remember Sanders throwing water on (Dammit, his name escapes me, just retired as a baseball analyst, catcher for the Cards back in Gibson's day) like a total punk.

Tim McCarver, who is an opinionated asshole but yeah, that was a total punk move by Neon Deion and McCarver's response was great "You're a real man, Deion!"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both literally make me sick. The only one I can think of who's worse than them is Michael Irvin. I refuse to watch them anymore.

That said, cracks are appearing in the Harbaugh facade. Dude is a selfish prick and is overrated. He'll be in Ann Arbor next season.

Irvin looks like he had a few too many concussions and has no clue where he actually is. The NFL Network to me just decided since he can't get any reasonable thoughts across that they would just make him into the network's version of Skip Bayless and just have him say the most off the wall things to get views.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin looks like he had a few too many concussions and has no clue where he actually is. The NFL Network to me just decided since he can't get any reasonable thoughts across that they would just make him into the network's version of Skip Bayless and just have him say the most off the wall things to get views.

From what I have read, Sanders is very popular with the players.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against Harbaugh.
He knows what he's doing as a coach.
He turned that franchise around and they have been to 3 championship games and 1 superbowl.

But for Richard Sherman, it would have been 2 superbowls.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the antipathy towards 'journalists.' This happens ALL the time. Source x calls the media with a story to tell. Media (if they're responsible) vets the source to discover if they actually have inside info. Source refuses to go on record. After deciding whether source is legit, media prints or broadcasts story with 'unidentified source.'

So if someone else on the coaching staff calls up Dilfer or Sanders, and talks off the record, that's a solid source. They might decide to NOT run with the story if they think the guy has an axe to grind or something, but if they have a relationship with the source, and the guy has been trustworthy in the past, they'll ALWAYS go with a story like that.

People watch too many movies about journalists and journalism. They don't go piling through secret files too much. Mostly vetting sources. Answering the phone.

If they're not doing ANY stories if the source won't go on the record, they're not doing their jobs.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players don't have to like their coach. In fact, most players on good teams that win did not like their coaches, until after they had retired and liked to talk about 'the good old days'.

I'd say that actually the best coaches in history, were actually disliked by their players. Best coaches develop some tension and just a little fear in their players.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Jim needs to give Dion a taste of what he gave Dan Fouts.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or even a nice pat on the back like he gave Schwartz knock his primetime bling off

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're thinking of Jim Kelly. Fouts would have smashed Harbaugh.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders may be totally wrong. But there must be some reason why a team talks trade about a coach with a strong winning record. If he hasn't alienated the locker room, he's alienated management or ownership. Possibly all of the above.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might be a prick but if does wise up and tell the 49ers to kiss his ass give him three years and he's got Michigan back on the National map, and not with negative press either...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be a prick but if does wise up and tell the 49ers to kiss his ass give him three years and he's got Michigan back on the National map, and not with negative press either...

I have no doubt that he would turn Michigan around. But he would wear on people on there too, and there would be an eventual ugly falling out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that he would turn Michigan around. But he would wear on people on there too, and there would be an eventual ugly falling out.

If I was Al Davis's kid I would try and get Jim across the bay or wherever Oakland is to SF. Recruit some Cal talent from Stanford USC UCLA etc

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're thinking of Jim Kelly. Fouts would have smashed Harbaugh.

Dan Fouts or hell, even Jim Schwartz would have decked that cocky punkass.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Al Davis's kid I would try and get Jim across the bay or wherever Oakland is to SF. Recruit some Cal talent from Stanford USC UCLA etc

That's not a bad idea.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah the irony:

From Deion's Twitter today:

Last edited by a moderator: