• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh coach of the year

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinzu, especially when Rodgers backup steps in against the Lions week 17 and sets the franchise record in TD passes and yards in a single game... in his 2nd NFL Start with 1 week of practice... obviously the QB isn't the MVP of the Packers offense. I think these people are forgetting what MVP stands for, and just giving it to the guy who puts up sexy numbers instead of giving it to the guy who's team would be 3-13 without him. With what Flynn did against the Lions, I have a hard time believing the Packers don't win 11 games without Rodgers.

MW, I didn't think Rodgers really took a shot at the 49ers by saying "Thanks for drafting me". It would have been a dick move if he said something more direct like, "How do you feel about taking Smith instead of me now?" Although still, I see the classless doucheyness of it, Montana and Marino grew up in Pennsylvania.. probably Steeler fans since they were the dynasty of the day... and it's not like they went around crying about the Steelers not drafting them every time they won an award or Championship.

I wonder how his bitchy little Packer fans felt about him gushing over Montana, Rice and Young though... did they choke their kids because he didn't mention Starr, Hutson and Lombardi?? He's been a Packer for 7 years, and all he can think about is being a 49er still.. HAHA.

Threelittlebirds, this how you be a Niner fan! Repp! I love it when people stick up for the franchise instead of jock-sniffing the opponent's players. I get being "objective", a "fan of the game", and I get the desire to have picked Rodgers (though it was no guarantee) but after seven years, there comes a point where you just say F him, he's the enemy. I mean, Favre accomplished a lot but we hate him, right? There was a period of whatifs but we should be beyond that. Heck, Rodgers should be beyond that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this Deep, but you know what I feel will keep us in the 10+ win category for quite a while is hunger. Now that they have tasted success I think they can't wait to get things started again. Winning is it's own motivator and we came within a few plays of having 18 games this year...

agree and part of the reason we should "re-load". this team came together with good chemistry, and they're hungry together.

don't see us keeping everyone, but do make an earnest attempt.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree and part of the reason we should "re-load". this team came together with good chemistry, and they're hungry together.

don't see us keeping everyone, but do make an earnest attempt.

I agree...Individuals don't win games & championships - Teams do!

I think we try to re-sign as many of our own FA's as makes sense then upgrade a couple spots via the draft & FA. Overall, however, I think depth is as or even more important than random upgrading. The lack of talent, as prevalent as it was at WR, is not what prevented us from playing for and possibly winning a ring this year.

Last edited by a moderator: