• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh coach of the year

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oooo - Aaron Rodgers taking a shot at the 49ers!!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooo - Aaron Rodgers taking a shot at the 49ers!!!

Eh, he lost to the same team we did, handedly. Next year if we win with our terrible roster (sarcasm) we can take a shot at them. Hopefully, we'll play and beat them next year twice. Alex will then have as many rings as he does and fewer playoff losses.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was there a shot of Jim Schwartz's face in the audience when JH's name was announced?
I'd pay to see it.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was there a shot of Jim Schwartz's face in the audience when JH's name was announced?
I'd pay to see it.

I didn't see that but they did show his face when they talked about the 49ers & Lions franchises having been away from the playoffs for so long that the HC's forgot how to shake hands and his face looked a little embarrassed.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? Fox??? That team was shit. They were lucky to be in a horrible division. Like you said, they basically lost the division less then everyone else.

If not for Harbaugh I'd go with Bill Belecheck or Mike McCarthy

Think about what he did though. He changed an entire offensive scheme, team philosophy, and he made it into the playoffs and won a game. The team was shit but to change mid season the way they did... you gotta give him some credit.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Think about what he did though. He changed an entire offensive scheme, team philosophy, and he made it into the playoffs and won a game. The team was shit but to change mid season the way they did... you gotta give him some credit.

I think that right there is what gets lost in the conversation...

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just feels good that the 49ers finally found their head coach.

Awesomeness.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is the film clip of Harbaugh winning the AP Coach of the Year

Harbaugh wins AP NFL Head Coach of the Year

Baldwins open to the award is funny as hell...

I love John Harbaugh's pep talk with Flacco at 1:46 - "Fundamental football - throw the ball to our guys."

A shot of a very stoic looking Jim "He hurt my hand" Schwartz comes on the screen at about 3:21

Alex Smith accepted the award on behalf of Harbaugh and though his speech for Harbaugh was short it is was quite tributary with a very funny moment tossed in.

Definitely worth the 4:23 if you haven't yet seen it.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved for Jim Harbaugh. It was an amazing season and Niners fans have something to look forward to next season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What did that douchebag say?

I wish I could find a clip. Essentially (paraphrasing here) he was thanking his Mom & Dad and commenting how he was honored to be in the company of Joe & Steve & Jerry as he grew up a huge 49ers fan and then said - "thanks for drafting me"...While the audience was vocalizing its mixed opinion of the comment, the camera panned to Young & Rice who seemed a bit in disbelief at the comment as well. Classless, IMO...Especially since Alex was in the audience as well.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is the last :45 seconds of his speech which begins right at the comment I referenced. Watching it for the second time, it seems less offensive, but I'm still not impressed, again, mostly, because Alex is in the audience.

Rodgers NFL MVP

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like rodgers holds a grudge. he should be happy. after norv left rodgers would have become a veggie.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he say?

He said it was great seeing his idols at the event - Joe, Steve, Jerry - being a Niner fan growing up. "Thanks for drafting me."

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how Rodgers won in a landslide the way he did. Brees had one of the best season a QB has ever had in the NFL and he broke a record over 20 years old. I think his over 70% completion rate was the most amazing stat of any QB this season considering how often the Saints take deep shots down the field. Rodgers had the whole 45TD to 6Int going for him with an amazing 122.5 QB rating, but I don't think those numbers are that much more impressive than Brees 71.2% 5,476 yards.

I don't think anything is wrong with Rodgers winning the award, but I don't see how he ran away with it either.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get how Rodgers won in a landslide the way he did. Brees had one of the best season a QB has ever had in the NFL and he broke a record over 20 years old. I think his over 70% completion rate was the most amazing stat of any QB this season considering how often the Saints take deep shots down the field. Rodgers had the whole 45TD to 6Int going for him with an amazing 122.5 QB rating, but I don't think those numbers are that much more impressive than Brees 71.2% 5,476 yards.

I don't think anything is wrong with Rodgers winning the award, but I don't see how he ran away with it either.

I 100% agree with this...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinzu, especially when Rodgers backup steps in against the Lions week 17 and sets the franchise record in TD passes and yards in a single game... in his 2nd NFL Start with 1 week of practice... obviously the QB isn't the MVP of the Packers offense. I think these people are forgetting what MVP stands for, and just giving it to the guy who puts up sexy numbers instead of giving it to the guy who's team would be 3-13 without him. With what Flynn did against the Lions, I have a hard time believing the Packers don't win 11 games without Rodgers.

MW, I didn't think Rodgers really took a shot at the 49ers by saying "Thanks for drafting me". It would have been a dick move if he said something more direct like, "How do you feel about taking Smith instead of me now?" Although still, I see the classless doucheyness of it, Montana and Marino grew up in Pennsylvania.. probably Steeler fans since they were the dynasty of the day... and it's not like they went around crying about the Steelers not drafting them every time they won an award or Championship.

I wonder how his bitchy little Packer fans felt about him gushing over Montana, Rice and Young though... did they choke their kids because he didn't mention Starr, Hutson and Lombardi?? He's been a Packer for 7 years, and all he can think about is being a 49er still.. HAHA.