• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The next coach of the Dallas Cowboys will be

If you are a Dallas fan would you be happy if Urban Meyer replaces the current coach

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer

Jerry Jones responds to Urban Meyer Cowboys coach comments

Jerry Jones responds to Urban Meyer Cowboys coach comments

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has thoughts on recent comments Urban Meyer made about his franchise. Jones spoke today on 105.3 The Fan and received a question about Meyer’s interest in a potential Cowboys vacancy.

Jones responded by saying, “For Urban Meyer to say that is a compliment. Period. I really know that. The job is a great job. Now, that's not implying that I made it that way or I don't make it that way. It's just the place to be."

Meyer recently told fellow Fox employee Colin Cowherd that he would certainly have an interest in a job with Dallas. Meyer expressed that Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley should feel the same way.

“Pure speculation because I know him, but I don’t know him like that, but that’s the one [job],” Meyer said. “That’s New York Yankees, that’s the Dallas Cowboys. That’s the one. Great city. They got Dak Prescott, Zeke Elliott. You got a loaded team. And I can’t speak for him obviously, I hate to even speculate because I don’t know him, that’s really not fair, but to me, that’s the one job in professional football that you say, ‘I got to go do that.’”

Asked about personal interest in the job, Meyer said, “Absolutely. Absolutely. That one? Yes.”

Of course, Dallas already has a head coach in Jason Garrett. Garrett is 80-59 with the Cowboys including three playoff appearances. They are 4-3 this season and in first place in the NFC East.

Dallas defeated the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night, 37-10.

“The challenge was to play in and play out for sixty minutes in all three phases,” Garrett said after beating the Eagles. “We certainly emphasized trying to get off to a good start, but even when we did, we knew they’d come back. That’s the kind of team they are. That’s what the NFL’s all about. So you had to keep playing, you had to keep battling, you had to keep executing. I thought we did that really well in all three phases of our team.”

Jones offered a similar reaction to the victory.

“This is not only a feel-good win, but it’s one that we can sure go from here positively,” Jones told reporters after the victory. “That little butt kicking that we got last week from everybody, including ourselves, I think probably had a lot to do with inspiring a better performance tonight.”

Meyer works as a college football analyst for Fox after a retirement from Ohio State. Meyer led the Buckeyes to a Big Ten Championship and Rose Bowl victory last season before his announced retirement. The Buckeyes selected Ryan Day as his replacement, and are on fire with an undefeated start and No. 3 overall ranking in the AP Top 25.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never so aggressively not cared about a subject less in my life than at this point in time

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones isn't stepping down as head coach of the Cowboys any time soon....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan, I think the big win against Philly was terrible, but one silver lining is that I think it saved Garrett's job. He will survive, so long as they make the playoffs IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Richard.

If you mean Kris Richard for god sake don't wish for that... He's great as a position coach, but keep him there, TRUST ME on this one.. Great defensive backs coach, YOU don't want him calling plays though as a coordinator or head coach ... The man cannot adjust and doesn't get strategy ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean Kris Richard for god sake don't wish for that... He's great as a position coach, but keep him there, TRUST ME on this one.. Great defensive backs coach, YOU don't want him calling plays though as a coordinator or head coach ... The man cannot adjust and doesn't get strategy ...
He's already calling plays and basically serving as the in game DC. Marinelli turned a lot over to him starting last year

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't be any worse than Garrett.

He's running the defence right now (with Marinelli on shoulder)..

I'd be OK with it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be any worse than Garrett.

He's running the defence right now (with Marinelli on shoulder)..

I'd be OK with it.

If Richard had total control of your defense, you'd be pulling your hair out... I"m telling you this from experience, you don't want him... Garrett might not be great, but he's better than Richard ..

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Jones responding to this? He has a coach, does that mean he's going to make a change? At this point I don't think he'll make a change during the season, but if the Cowboys don't make, insert Jerry's goal here, is Garrett gone? It just seems odd to me that he responded to that at all.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Jones responding to this? He has a coach, does that mean he's going to make a change? At this point I don't think he'll make a change during the season, but if the Cowboys don't make, insert Jerry's goal here, is Garrett gone? It just seems odd to me that he responded to that at all.
Because Jerry like hearing Jerry speak.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan, I think the big win against Philly was terrible, but one silver lining is that I think it saved Garrett's job. He will survive, so long as they make the playoffs IMO.

IMO short of a serious playoff run, no other wins will save Garrett's job.