• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Buss: Dwight was never really a Laker

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ NBA fans who still use the 2009 Urban Dictionary and think saying "Short Buss" is hip. :pound:

"Hip" either knowingly or not knowingly can only be used with irony because nobody who was ever "hip" has used that word.

How "hip" are you Hammerdown? Are you so "hip" that you are utilizing the irony of the word "hip" and are referencing the comical urban dictionary website...or do you think "hip" is an up to date verb and think the urban dictionary is an underground publication the hip hop youth passes around to read disguised behind their school books?

:D

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about while he was on the team. I'm talking about their effort to resign him.J ust the posters was an embarrassment to the organization. Solely on that someone should have been fired.

Saying he was never a true laker when many of your legends would have been turned off by how you approached free agency if they were in his shoes is silly.

So they put up a few billboards and got roasted for it, including by Lakers fans. Otherwise I don't see what they did that was so shameful or embarrassing. Mitch met with Dwight prior to Dwight meeting with other teams. The Lakers had the final meeting. Dwight chose Houston. What more should they have done?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting rid of the posters would have went a long way toward not taking a shit on the fine legacy of the organization. But other comments buss made didn't help either. And no, I won't look them up. I don't care that much.

All I'm saying is you are one of the top 2 organizations in basketball history, and your owner acted like he was an expansion owner desperate to drum up attention.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim needs to keep his mouth shut & dissapear from the face of the earth nothing he says is relevant...We need fine ass Jeannie Buss to take over along with Phil and run shit around here!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting rid of the posters would have went a long way toward not taking a shit on the fine legacy of the organization. But other comments buss made didn't help either. And no, I won't look them up. I don't care that much.

All I'm saying is you are one of the top 2 organizations in basketball history, and your owner acted like he was an expansion owner desperate to drum up attention.

It was certainly a misguided pitch to Dwight. I just think some may be overreacting a bit to the posters and some comments by Jim. I do not see what more they could have done to resign him which you claimed their efforts were embarrassing. They offered him a max contract.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim needs to keep his mouth shut & dissapear from the face of the earth nothing he says is relevant...We need fine ass Jeannie Buss to take over along with Phil and run shit around here!

Dwight resigns with the Lakers if Phil was the coach. I don't doubt that for a second. That was the biggest mistake Jim made.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was certainly a misguided pitch to Dwight. I just think some may be overreacting a bit to the posters and some comments by Jim. I do not see what more they could have done to resign him which you claimed their efforts were embarrassing. They offered him a max contract.

It has nothing to do with more or less, or even landing him or not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short Buss is an idiot who needs to keep his mouth shut!!

Howver, he's still smarter than Crotchrocker who apparently thinks having a "big 3" that wins exactly 1 title equals a dynasty!! The Celtics haven't had a dynasty since the 60's!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about while he was on the team. I'm talking about their effort to resign him.J ust the posters was an embarrassment to the organization. Solely on that someone should have been fired.

Saying he was never a true laker when many of your legends would have been turned off by how you approached free agency if they were in his shoes is silly.

:agree: The posters were a complete:L!! Problem with firing someone for that is that Short Buss would have had to fire himself!!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone wisely said above, when Mitch and Jim played indian giver with Phil it all went down from there. I am sure its a conflict of interest for Jim to have his brother in law making all the decisions, not him, but Howard was clear he wanted Phil. So Mitch gave up assets, to get this guy, to then not give the guy the one thing he demanded, which was Phil. Worse than that even, the org decided Dantoni was the answer. Now they gave up the assets, alst while the CBA was taking place, pissed off Phil, created a family fued, and basically acted such, even in desparation, like a franchise in dis array. Now, on top of all the carnage, they just wont shut up about it. Honestly, any of you on here could manage the lakers better, even you TLF. They make the Jets look well managed

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone wisely said above, when Mitch and Jim played indian giver with Phil it all went down from there. I am sure its a conflict of interest for Jim to have his brother in law making all the decisions, not him, but Howard was clear he wanted Phil. So Mitch gave up assets, to get this guy, to then not give the guy the one thing he demanded, which was Phil. Worse than that even, the org decided Dantoni was the answer. Now they gave up the assets, alst while the CBA was taking place, pissed off Phil, created a family fued, and basically acted such, even in desparation, like a franchise in dis array. Now, on top of all the carnage, they just wont shut up about it. Honestly, any of you on here could manage the lakers better, even you TLF. They make the Jets look well managed

Actually, it's just Short Buss who won't shut up about it!! Jeannie made her thoughts clear in an interview and really hasn't said much else. Mitch hasn't said much since Dwight left other than basically, we made our pitch and he chose Houston. Phil hasn't said anything (at least publicly)!!

Everyone in the Laker organization seems to be moving on except Short Buss!!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard left because he saw no future out there. There is no need to criticize a man for applying logic, in fact, we should all applaud that. It seems hard to believe that the Lakers were not attractive, but at some point, with no plan in place for the roster/future, no assets to add to him, you see as a player its time to go where success looks possible. And for dwight and many others, it looks like Houston is making the right moves and have alignment top to bottom.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, no she could not shut up either. This month she implies Jim/Mitch could not get it done, but her Dad would have gotten it done. She attacked the current org/team through that back hand slam, and that was not lost on them I assure you. They all need to understand in the carnage just how silly they all look like. They need to be parented.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard left because he saw no future out there. There is no need to criticize a man for applying logic, in fact, we should all applaud that. It seems hard to believe that the Lakers were not attractive, but at some point, with no plan in place for the roster/future, no assets to add to him, you see as a player its time to go where success looks possible. And for dwight and many others, it looks like Houston is making the right moves and have alignment top to bottom.

Not exactly correct. The problem was that Dwight wanted Phil and Short Buss gave him D'Antoni!! Dwight knew that the Lakers are set to be able to add assets beginning with next seasons free agent class!! However, he wanted a coach who is more "big man friendly" and that's not what he got!!

As for Houston, nice moves, but they are not a championship caliber team.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Phil statement Trojan, which dumbfounds me why they could not all sit in a room and plan this out.

As far as free agents, there is not much out there to get excited about (assuming LBJ stays in Miami) next year. Not sure why everyone is fixated on that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, no she could not shut up either. This month she implies Jim/Mitch could not get it done, but her Dad would have gotten it done. She attacked the current org/team through that back hand slam, and that was not lost on them I assure you. They all need to understand in the carnage just how silly they all look like. They need to be parented.

Actually, that's all from basically one interview and there was no backhand slam. I heard the entire interview. She was asked direct questions and she answered them. One of the comments in the interview was that she hadn't really been heard from since Dr. Buss passed!!

In a nutshell, she said that she felt that it was in Dwight's best interest to sign with the Lakers and that she made that very clear to him. She said she disagreed with his decision to go to Houston.

As far as a "backhand slam": She said that if her father were alive, Dwight would be a Laker. That is not a slam, it is something that no one disagrees with. Even if it were a slam, it would be on her as well since she was part of the process. She did, however, say that the posters probably weren't the best idea!!

She went on to say that she has faith in the way Dr. Buss set things up and in herself and her siblings as far as running the team.

As for the "disarray" that we have seen, she basically said it has been the result of the Lakers losing their leader, going through a grieving process and trying to find their way without him and that things will improve rather quickly!!

All in all, as a Lakers fan, I felt alot better about things after that interview!! Whether I continue to feel that way over the next 2-3 seasons remains to be seen!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Phil statement Trojan, which dumbfounds me why they could not all sit in a room and plan this out.

See my post prior to this one, particularly the part about Dr. Buss passing.

As far as free agents, there is not much out there to get excited about (assuming LBJ stays in Miami) next year. Not sure why everyone is fixated on that.

We're looking at the next couple of free agent classes, not just this one!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why Buss is a phony

Why?!? Because he said the same thing about Dwight being the best center in the league after he signed with Houston as he did before he signed with them?

How is staying consistent in saying he's the best center in the league, being a phony?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?!? Because he said the same thing about Dwight being the best center in the league after he signed with Houston as he did before he signed with them?

How is staying consistent in saying he's the best center in the league, being a phony?

As I said before if he felt this way before FA why waste your time meeting w/him?