• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Buss: Dwight was never really a Laker

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why did they try so hard to resign him?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this top was discussed already. A brief summary was Jim (Short) Buss was an idiot and should stop trying to destroy the Lakers. While Howard was a douche and couldn't handle the LA pressure. Of course, the typical steroid banter got introduced and the thread got derailed. Feel free to include other snippets that I may have overlooked.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever - time to move on - He is gone and he will most likely never win a championship in Houston anyway. Today might be a sad day for Lakers fans, but there is always another day

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb statement from the team that put up little posters begging him to stay.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team tries to keep their star players - look how much Dan Gilbert tried and bitched about it when Lebron left - he cried and bitched like a fuckin bitch in heat. Jim Buss made a simple statement. In retrospect - Howard never embraced the Lakers as a team - That's a little obvious, but it wasn't that bad either. You Laker Hating faggots need to get a life.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He basically never was actually, but that was his choice... He should ask how things worked for Ariza... But seriously... That's the best this team is going to ever be, they may play better together in time but this is the max in terms of talent... And while it's some solid talent and they will be good, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't ever get to the WCF... If he stays in LA sky's the limit... Oh well time to move on..

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ NBA fans who still use the 2009 Urban Dictionary and think saying "Short Buss" is hip. :pound:

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will definitely go further than the Lakers will for the forseeable future. Anytime you lose arguably your top two players from a team that already sucked you are in for a period of crappiness. On top of losing both Howard and Artest. Even the much overrated Kobe will never be the same. Meanwhile, in mighty Boston, we are preparing to take one on the chin for one (1) season and then start another dynasty. Oh, its true - its DAMN true. And what ya gonna do, when the greatest franchise in professional sports and Celtic-Mania, runs WILD on YOUUUUUU?!?!?!? Word.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, am glad he's gone. Too bad Jimmy won't be leaving as well.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will definitely go further than the Lakers will for the forseeable future. Anytime you lose arguably your top two players from a team that already sucked you are in for a period of crappiness. On top of losing both Howard and Artest. Even the much overrated Kobe will never be the same. Meanwhile, in mighty Boston, we are preparing to take one on the chin for one (1) season and then start another dynasty. Oh, its true - its DAMN true. And what ya gonna do, when the greatest franchise in professional sports and Celtic-Mania, runs WILD on YOUUUUUU?!?!?!? Word.

LMAO!!! this from the Celtics fan in the room. DO tell everyone how THEY'RE gonna win the title this season...:laugh3::laugh3:

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dwight was never really a Laker".

- Jeremiah never really was a bullfrog.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for the better part of a year, as a rental lmao. He never inked a contract for us so no, he was never really a true Laker. Almost every Laker fan on here (if not all) disagreed with the billboards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team tries to keep their star players - look how much Dan Gilbert tried and bitched about it when Lebron left - he cried and bitched like a fuckin bitch in heat. Jim Buss made a simple statement. In retrospect - Howard never embraced the Lakers as a team - That's a little obvious, but it wasn't that bad either. You Laker Hating faggots need to get a life.

Using another shameful display of ownership doesn't justify yours. Tell me how Howard was handled lives up to your franchise's legacy.

My comments are nothing about the lakers, and solely about the fact that if they are to keep up the legacy they have built, buss needs to either step his shit up and fast, or give up his control.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were you even alive for the previous dynasty? You Celtics fans crack me up slobbering so much over Danny Boy. Enjoy the irrelevance you were so used prior to the Big 3!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using another shameful display of ownership doesn't justify yours. Tell me how Howard was handled lives up to your franchise's legacy.

My comments are nothing about the lakers, and solely about the fact that if they are to keep up the legacy they have built, buss needs to either step his shit up and fast, or give up his control.

Howard was treating fine by ownership when he was on the Lakers. D'Antoni sacrificed how he wanted to run the offense to satisfy Dwight's desire to pound the ball into him in the post. You really think this comment from Buss was so shameful?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about while he was on the team. I'm talking about their effort to resign him.J ust the posters was an embarrassment to the organization. Solely on that someone should have been fired.

Saying he was never a true laker when many of your legends would have been turned off by how you approached free agency if they were in his shoes is silly.

Last edited by a moderator: