• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JFC

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol could've been on the Suns.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because playoff basketball is different, when's the last time the Warriors went to the WCF? 1975?

:lol: Hambombs has no clue about the difference between playoff basketball and the regular season. It's been explained, he's just willfully ignorant at this point.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because playoff basketball is different, when's the last time the Warriors went to the WCF? 1975?

If this was the spurs putting up 29 and 5 record with the best defense and #4 offense. Everyone would be saying how the spurs will most likely repeat. Just cause it's the warriors, everyone will say there is no possible way they can get to the finals or win it all.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Hambombs has no clue about the difference between playoff basketball and the regular season. Ien explained, he's just willfully ignorant at this point.

So for what reason am I ignorant? Can you at least give me stats on why all these teams are better??? Many times in the last year ive been right over a lot of people here.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go into further detail, I will list the things that I have been right about but people didn't agree with me or said I was an idiot.

1. Kerr is a much better coach than Jackson.

2. Warriors are an elite defensive team

3. Warriors will be a top 3 seed or team. (Although still a lot of season left)

4. Klay thompson is one of the top 3 shooting guards in the game.

5. Iguodala is a great defender. (That was the beggining of last year) ended up getting all nba 1st team defense)

6. People said the warriors defense would be worse. When Jackson leftI said they would maintain a top 3 defense or he even better)

That's off the top of my head

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry- maybe this is more on point

damn- that was a great game by Gasol- perhaps he had more left in his tank than his previous team thought.....even at his age he is getting it done....

if the guy stays healthy he can be a big time factor in May and June!!!!

His previous team offered him more than the Bulls.

SMH at your lack of FACTS.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go into further detail, I will list the things that I have been right about but people didn't agree with me or said I was an idiot.

1. Kerr is a much better coach than Jackson.

2. Warriors are an elite defensive team

3. Warriors will be a top 3 seed or team. (Although still a lot of season left)

4. Klay thompson is one of the top 3 shooting guards in the game.

5. Iguodala is a great defender. (That was the beggining of last year) ended up getting all nba 1st team defense)

6. People said the warriors defense would be worse. When Jackson leftI said they would maintain a top 3 defense or he even better)

That's off the top of my head

It's a little too early to say Kerr is better. If they get swept in the 1st round would he be better?

Hell no.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for what reason am I ignorant? Can you at least give me stats on why all these teams are better??? Many times in the last year ive been right over a lot of people here.

The stats are that the Warriors have been knocked out in the 1st and 2nd round every year since 1976. The Grizz, OKC, and Spurs have all been to the WCF recently. I think the Warriors are on par with the Clipps and Portland, better than the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets but Grizzlies, healthy OKC and Spurs teams are still the cream of the crop in the Western Conference to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are ignorant because you either can't or won't acknowledge that the regular season and the playoffs are completely different animals. It's one thing to use small ball and run up and down the court shooting 3's and getting fast breaks against teams like the Spurs, Grizz, etc. on a Wednesday night in February in the middle of the season.

It's a completely different scenario when you are facing those same teams, every night, for 7 games. That's when the game slows, becomes more physical, they make their adjustments and use their size against you.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats are that the Warriors have been knocked out in the 1st and 2nd round every year since 1976. The Grizz, OKC, and Spurs have all been to the WCF recently. I think the Warriors are on par with the Clipps and Portland, better than the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets but Grizzlies, healthy OKC and Spurs teams are still the cream of the crop in the Western Conference to me.

IMO Warriors and spurs are the best teams although Memphis is right there. Also that's not good evidence or good stat. Because this team is probably the best team in warriors history. Also are strength is on defense.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are ignorant because you either can't or won't acknowledge that the regular season and the playoffs are completely different animals. It's one thing to use small ball and run up and down the court shooting 3's and getting fast breaks against teams like the Spurs, Grizz, etc. on a Wednesday night in February in the middle of the season.

It's a completely different scenario when you are facing those same teams, every night, for 7 games. That's when the game slows, becomes more physical, they make their adjustments and use their size against you.

Is that all we do? Is run up and shoot 3s only? Lol. I obviously know playoffs and regular season are different. But this team creates spacing and runs a motion offense in the half court to get easy shots. Are you suggesting our team is small? Our team is one of the most versatile in the league also one of the biggest and longest in the league. Everyone being 6 foot 6 or bigger. Outside of steph really. This team has it all matchup wise to matchup with other teams.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Warriors and spurs are the best teams although Memphis is right there. Also that's not good evidence or good stat. Because this team is probably the best team in warriors history. Also are strength is on defense.

Well Spurs and OKC have had injury issues this year, the door could be open for the Warriors depending on how the season plays out between now and the playoffs. There are just too many good teams in the West to be as confident as you are about the Warriors.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Spurs and OKC have had injury issues this year, the door could be open for the Warriors depending on how the season plays out between now and the playoffs. There are just too many good teams in the West to be as confident as you are about the Warriors.

I'm confident about them. But everyone thinks they have no chance. Even though I don't believe that at all. If they get the suns then either the mavs or rockets in the 2nd round. They have a very good chance to make it to the the finals.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident about them. But everyone thinks they have no chance. Even though I don't believe that at all. If they get the suns then either the mavs or rockets in the 2nd round. They have a very good chance to make it to the the finals.

That's best-case scenario. OKC has over half the season to make up 4 games on the Suns, if they get healthy they can get in. Portland is a legit threat too. Not saying that the Warriors can't do it, just that it seems a little unrealistic to think that only 1 team can give them trouble. I think it's more like 5 that can possibly give them trouble.

There's no shame in that though because most of the other teams in the West are looking at the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not everyone Hambombs. I'm with you on Golden State. As you said:

this team creates spacing and runs a motion offense in the half court to get easy shots. Are you suggesting our team is small? Our team is one of the most versatile in the league also one of the biggest and longest in the league. Everyone being 6 foot 6 or bigger. Outside of steph really. This team has it all matchup wise to matchup with other teams.

This isn't just a run and gun team. If they can, they will. But they can get it done in the halfcourt too. Plus, they play defense. The Warriors are as good as any of the other contenders.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's best-case scenario. OKC has over half the season to make up 4 games on the Suns, if they get healthy they can get in. Portland is a legit threat too. Not saying that the Warriors can't do it, just that it seems a little unrealistic to think that only 1 team can give them trouble. I think it's more like 5 that can possibly give them trouble.

There's no shame in that though because most of the other teams in the West are looking at the same thing.

Very true. Although even with OKC healthy I would favor GSW in the series cause of better coaching and they play better defense and have a better offensive scheme. Although they would be tougher than the suns. The only teams that really scare me are the spurs and maybe Memphis although I think bogut makes a huge difference in that series. But I'm hoping spurs make 6th 7th seed so that warriors don't have to deal with them for a while

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone Hambombs. I'm with you on Golden State. As you said:

This isn't just a run and gun team. If they can, they will. But they can get it done in the halfcourt too. Plus, they play defense. The Warriors are as good as any of the other contenders.

Yup I agree. They run some pretty good half court sets which is why I'm optimistic

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Nobody is saying the Warriors are not a good Team.

But, HISTORICALLY, that type of Team hasn't won the Championship very often.