• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesus H Christ!!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving home from buying propane on Dec 19th, I suddenly had a bunch of steam behind my car. And at an intersection it was coming up from the hood.

Dash tells me I am now low on coolant.

Small town so I dash home. As I get to my garage, fan is positively zooming at max, temp gauge on dash climbs towards 120 C as I shut the car off.

Got it flat decked to my place I bought it with my favourite mechanic. That cost me $400.

They ID'd the problem, Heater Control valve.

Located on backside of engine against the firewall of course.

$75 part.

$1400 repair bill including diagnosis and taxes.

Had to take intake manifold off to get at it.

Picked up baby yesterday and he's running fine.

I didn't used my warranty as if I make it through another 19 months without a claim I get another 4 years re-upped.

Good thing I'm still working so I could afford that choice. And that it wasn't a head gasket.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus shit. The GF lost the battery in her mini-cooper last year. Nobody in Delaware would touch it. She had to have it towed to Annapolis in Virginia to the closest mini dealer. We got to stop at a decent brewery on the way home, but, like half a day wasted.

Retirement gives us time to not be so pissed about shit like this.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus shit. The GF lost the battery in her mini-cooper last year. Nobody in Delaware would touch it. She had to have it towed to Annapolis in Virginia to the closest mini dealer. We got to stop at a decent brewery on the way home, but, like half a day wasted.

I could be retired but working from home has convinced me to work till 69, which is exactly when my warranty runs out. Sept 2024.

So I was able to do this without impacting the warranty.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF is up with a battery in a Mini Cooper?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Annapolis is in Maryland....