• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry West describes Silver's Durant comments as "unfair"

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bromance Todd and Wiggy are having is getting me wet.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually attracted to a beautiful young woman that actually works, which you don't...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3tovtp.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like Tristan last year....

if u expect this to get done before the end of camp i would be surprised- i bet it goes to the wall just like TT.

Agree.

Cavs have all the leverage.

But, he deserves a hefty raise when you look at what guys like Turner, Crabbe, Rivers and Crawford got.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care who you are talking about- trying to act like your opinion on something definitively makes something that is PURE OPINION true is what idiots and fascists do. God I just know you are a Trump voter.

411dcca72686fc99fff4f2d57d0b1a3e.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, you're the one bitching about it...Go figure.

Let's check the numbers and you've actually given more bullshit ratings than myself and Wiggy COMBINED:doh:

@Heatles84 - 97 BS ratings given
@HurricaneDij39 - 43 BS ratings given
@WiggyRuss - 32 BS ratings given...

:lol:

Just like the NBA Finals - Bow down to Wiggy, you're his bitch.

Wow. You did a lot of research on that one. I thought you had better things to do with your time. Also, it's easier for me to hand out bull shit ratings, because I see both you and Wiggy's posts regularly which equates to an inbred moron behind a keyboard.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver's comments are bad for the players, but not for the owners. Here's why:

Everyone is thinking that Silver's comments are directed at Durant. While it may look that way, what Silver is actually doing is criticizing the current CBA for "allowing" this situation to happen. Silver made special to note that within the constructs, Durant did nothing wrong. Durant took a max salary, and exercised his option to go to another team.

Silver knows that the potential for a lockout is coming with big revenue expected in the next few years. He's hedging that favor with the public by deflecting attention on the CBA away from the owners and on to the players. It makes no mention of the salary restrictions. It just mentions from a competitive standpoint he would have preferred Durant not go to the Warriors.

The owners and NBA always make the players the villains. It's the players fault for not taking less money to win. It's the players fault that they want to chase a ring. It's also the players fault when they fail to win one on their own. But the owners always come out looking golden.

The process starts now of making the NBA players look like the villain to save public perception from the impending lockout.

I agree with everything you said here, I just really hope the public isn't so naive this time. The contracts look so terrible only because there is an owner willing to pay it. I mean who is to blame for the Mozgov and Barnes (and many more) contracts?

It sure ain't the players. If someone were dumb enough to hand me $18 million dollars a year, I would gladly accept.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no surprise to me that you don't see Silver's direct ridicule of KD's decision being used as an example.

His passive aggressive comments after the fact- him saying KD was well within the rules when making his decision- clearly hit the mark with you.
ohh i see....

no actual consequences....just having to deal out of the fallout from his decision- and the fallout has been about 1/50th of what LeBron faced.

If Durant is upset about some poor media attention - and you can actually say those are "consequences" with a straight face- the guy is going to get BROKE this year.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh i see....

no actual consequences....just having to deal out of the fallout from his decision- and the fallout has been about 1/50th of what LeBron faced.

If Durant is upset about some poor media attention - and you can actually say those are "consequences" with a straight face- the guy is going to get BROKE this year.
Well last I checked I didn't mention anything about KD's ability or inability to handle the criticism. And it's funny you should mention that in comparison to LBJ since he's one of the most sensitive guys in terms of criticism.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh i see....

Well last I checked I didn't mention anything about KD's ability or inability to handle the criticism. And it's funny you should mention that in comparison to LBJ since he's one of the most sensitive guys in terms of criticism.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have been able to do it without the massive spike in salary cap. That's the loophole in the system. Without the cap spike, Harrison Barnes signs his extension with GS and they would have no space to sign Durant.

And? The spike in the salary cap isn't a loophole. It's the way it should work. The NBA is making huge money, the players are the reason and they should get a big part of the profits. If that enables a team like the Warriors to sign a player like KD...so be it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you say stupid idiotic bullshit like "proving" someone wrong about something that is purely opinion you are an idiot. That is the DEFINITION of bullshit. gmafb.

"proven wrong"....God your dumb.

Oh the irony.