• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry West describes Silver's Durant comments as "unfair"

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a less serious note, does West's comments insinuate that he would have jumped ship to the Celtics after they had beaten him the first five times if he had the opportunity?:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a less serious note, does West's comments insinuate that he would have jumped ship to the Celtics after they had beaten him the first five times if he had the opportunity?:lol:

No, but it sure does insinuate that all the retried players over the age of about 50 need to shut the hell up when criticizing current players for leaving their teams. The landscape was far different then and free agency isn't the same. I bet some of the very same players talking about LeBron and Durant would have at least considered free agency if they had the same rules that the current players do.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it sure does insinuate that all the retried players over the age of about 50 need to shut the hell up when criticizing current players for leaving their teams. The landscape was far different then and free agency isn't the same. I bet some of the very same players talking about LeBron and Durant would have at least considered free agency if they had the same rules that the current players do.

Better watch out, @WiggyRuss or @HurricaneDij39 will start rating your posts bull shit for making those two look like the idiots that they are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When @HurricaneDij39 is proven wrong, he rates your post Bullshit. The hilarity with this cum-faced, red-kneed kunt is astounding.
when you say stupid idiotic bullshit like "proving" someone wrong about something that is purely opinion you are an idiot. That is the DEFINITION of bullshit. gmafb.

"proven wrong"....God your dumb.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you say stupid idiotic bullshit like "proving" someone wrong about something that is purely opinion you are an idiot. That is the DEFINITION of bullshit. gmafb.

"proven wrong"....God your dumb.

Awwwww.....what's wrong our little triggered snowflake? Don't like me making fun of HurricaneBitch?

We've all proven him wrong on this thread. It's very reminiscent of how we handle your bitch ass on a daily basis. You also have no room for calling anyone dumb for obvious reasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awwwww.....what's wrong our little triggered snowflake? Don't like me making fun of HurricaneBitch?

We've all proven him wrong on this thread. It's very reminiscent of how we handle your bitch ass on a daily basis. You also have no room for calling anyone dumb for obvious reasons.
i dont care who you are talking about- trying to act like your opinion on something definitively makes something that is PURE OPINION true is what idiots and fascists do. God I just know you are a Trump voter.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better watch out, @WiggyRuss or @HurricaneDij39 will start rating your posts bull shit for making those two look like the idiots that they are.

And yet, you're the one bitching about it...Go figure.

Let's check the numbers and you've actually given more bullshit ratings than myself and Wiggy COMBINED:doh:

@Heatles84 - 97 BS ratings given
@HurricaneDij39 - 43 BS ratings given
@WiggyRuss - 32 BS ratings given...

:lol:

Just like the NBA Finals - Bow down to Wiggy, you're his bitch.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

But, he would have Left the Lakers.

For those who don't know, he's talking about Jack Kent Cooke, Not Dr. Buss.

“I remember years ago, if I had an opportunity to leave the Lakers I would have left, for one reason: because I did not like an owner that was not telling me the truth. It would have made no difference what they would have offered me, I would have left. It’s easy to say after the fact, but players have earned the right to go where they want to go.”

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

But, he would have Left the Lakers.

For those who don't know, he's talking about Jack Kent Cooke, Not Dr. Buss.

“I remember years ago, if I had an opportunity to leave the Lakers I would have left, for one reason: because I did not like an owner that was not telling me the truth. It would have made no difference what they would have offered me, I would have left. It’s easy to say after the fact, but players have earned the right to go where they want to go.”

But but but but but No one EVER leaves the Lakers...:mad2::nono::lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but but but No one EVER leaves the Lakers...:mad2::nono::lol:

th

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver's comments are bad for the players, but not for the owners. Here's why:

Everyone is thinking that Silver's comments are directed at Durant. While it may look that way, what Silver is actually doing is criticizing the current CBA for "allowing" this situation to happen. Silver made special to note that within the constructs, Durant did nothing wrong. Durant took a max salary, and exercised his option to go to another team.

Silver knows that the potential for a lockout is coming with big revenue expected in the next few years. He's hedging that favor with the public by deflecting attention on the CBA away from the owners and on to the players. It makes no mention of the salary restrictions. It just mentions from a competitive standpoint he would have preferred Durant not go to the Warriors.

The owners and NBA always make the players the villains. It's the players fault for not taking less money to win. It's the players fault that they want to chase a ring. It's also the players fault when they fail to win one on their own. But the owners always come out looking golden.

The process starts now of making the NBA players look like the villain to save public perception from the impending lockout.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone is thinking that Silver's comments are directed at Durant. While it may look that way, what Silver is actually doing is criticizing the current CBA for "allowing" this situation to happen. Silver made special to note that within the constructs, Durant did nothing wrong. Durant took a max salary, and exercised his option to go to another team.

Silver knows that the potential for a lockout is coming with big revenue expected in the next few years. He's hedging that favor with the public by deflecting attention on the CBA away from the owners and on to the players. It makes no mention of the salary restrictions. It just mentions from a competitive standpoint he would have preferred Durant not go to the Warriors.

The owners and NBA always make the players the villains. It's the players fault for not taking less money to win. It's the players fault that they want to chase a ring. It's also the players fault when they fail to win one on their own. But the owners always come out looking golden.

The process starts now of making the NBA players look like the villain to save public perception from the impending lockout.

Dude, why are you posting thoughtful, intelligent information here?

Let's get back to the trolling!!

* throws out bait*

Why is the 10th best SG in the NBA missing camp over money?

JR Smith to skip Cavs minicamp
wpid-i_53_60_5c_jr-smith.jpg

34 mins ago – via ESPN
J.R. Smith will not attend the Cleveland Cavaliers minicamp this week in California as he and the team remain at an impasse in contract talks,
sources told ESPN.com.

JR Smith wants $15 million per?
The Cavs are already more than $22 million over the the NBA’s $94 million salary cap. By league rules, they can go over the cap to retain Smith, but couldn’t replace him with a free agent who would command a similar contract. While neither JR Smith nor Rich Paul has ever confirmed this figure, it is believed he’s looking for a contract worth about $15 million annually.The two sides may not be arguing over money so much as the length of the deal — the Cavs would likely prefer a shorter contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or its just the players fault because they wouldn't accept/negotiate a smoothing mechanism thus making the situation possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, why are you posting thoughtful, intelligent information here?

Let's get back to the trolling!!

* throws out bait*

Why is the 10th best SG in the NBA missing camp over money?

JR Smith to skip Cavs minicamp
wpid-i_53_60_5c_jr-smith.jpg

34 mins ago – via ESPN
J.R. Smith will not attend the Cleveland Cavaliers minicamp this week in California as he and the team remain at an impasse in contract talks,
sources told ESPN.com.

JR Smith wants $15 million per?
The Cavs are already more than $22 million over the the NBA’s $94 million salary cap. By league rules, they can go over the cap to retain Smith, but couldn’t replace him with a free agent who would command a similar contract. While neither JR Smith nor Rich Paul has ever confirmed this figure, it is believed he’s looking for a contract worth about $15 million annually.The two sides may not be arguing over money so much as the length of the deal — the Cavs would likely prefer a shorter contract.
just like Tristan last year....

if u expect this to get done before the end of camp i would be surprised- i bet it goes to the wall just like TT.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or its just the players fault because they wouldn't accept/negotiate a smoothing mechanism thus making the situation possible.

Exactly. Plant the seed early that it's the players fault. Gives them less leverage if they think that the public thinks they aren't deserving of large portions of the multi-billion dollar pie.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To one his own I guess. I'm don't think that was the precedent Silver was looking to make. Pretty sure he was simply overlooking the flaws of the current CBA that would allow a recent MVP to sign with a team that had just won 73 games...Maybe the system will change, and maybe it won't, but the commission has the right to express his views and there's a reason he's the commissioner and you're not.
Whether that was his intent or not, that's exactly what he did. If he has a problem with the CBA then he should address that issue with the players union when the time comes. Speaking out & directly tying his opinions to KD's decision wasn't the right time or place to do that.

FA was designed to allow players to move about freely and to do it without consequence and Silver should respect that regardless of whether he agrees with said players' choice.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not supporting him. You're comparing him to Stern whom you clearly have an biased opinion against. But hey, you're apparently never wrong. So continue on your pointless crusade, bumble twat.
Oh no, not a bumble twat! :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether that was his intent or not, that's exactly what he did. If he has a problem with the CBA then he should address that issue with the players union when the time comes. Speaking out & directly tying his opinions to KD's decision wasn't the right time or place to do that.

FA was designed to allow players to move about freely and to do it without consequence and Silver should respect that regardless of whether he agrees with said players' choice.
what consequences has Durant faced? lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what consequences has Durant faced? lol
It's no surprise to me that you don't see Silver's direct ridicule of KD's decision being used as an example.

His passive aggressive comments after the fact- him saying KD was well within the rules when making his decision- clearly hit the mark with you.