• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones whines about Seahawks for increased penalties

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones, DeAngelo Hall blame Seattle Seahawks for penalties - ESPN

“It came about from Seattle,” Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 FM The Fan radio in Dallas. “They basically played a style that would risk a holding penalty as opposed to not having an aggressive defender back there. That got a lot of complaints and you're seeing it reflected during the preseason."

Deangelo Hall is also whining about it, which I find more than a little hilarious.

“The Seahawks got their ring, they did it their way,” Hall told NBC4 in Washington D.C. “Now we all have to pay the consequences.”

Funny how the Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the preseason for defensive holding/illegal contact. They've only been called 3 times.

I love how the myth becomes reality through repetition.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Jerry is the expert on playing defense. :doh:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones, DeAngelo Hall blame Seattle Seahawks for penalties - ESPN

Deangelo Hall is also whining about it, which I find more than a little hilarious.

Funny how the Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the preseason for defensive holding/illegal contact. They've only been called 3 times.

I love how the myth becomes reality through repetition.
Well it is because of the seahawks. If I were the Hawks or a hawks fan I would take it as a compliment.
It isnt so much because they were cheating. It is because they were dominate & the NFL looks at the bottom line, which is offense sales!!! Seahawks cut into the commish's Bottom line!

I for one love seeing dominate defenses, but I am not the commish.

My all time favorite (& I think was the best) defense was the Saints in the late 80's to early 90's.

To bad they also had the worst offense ever to go with it.

In any case when the NFL makes new rules to counter a dominating team. Just take it as a compliment.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has been ripping away at the defense for years, going back to when Polian got tired of seeing the Colts continually lose to the Pats in the post season. He whined and bitched so much they finally started to enforce more of the rules instead of the standard "let them play". But now it's gotten to the point of ridiculous with all the flags being thrown.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is because of the seahawks. If I were the Hawks or a hawks fan I would take it as a compliment.
It isnt so much because they were cheating. It is because they were dominate & the NFL looks at the bottom line, which is offense sales!!! Seahawks cut into the commish's Bottom line!

I for one love seeing dominate defenses, but I am not the commish.

My all time favorite (& I think was the best) defense was the Saints in the late 80's to early 90's.

To bad they also had the worst offense ever to go with it.

In any case when the NFL makes new rules to counter a dominating team. Just take it as a compliment.

To be clear, it doesn't upset me that they said what they said. I just find it funny. Hall's comment in particular.

FTR, I think this is all a PR move when it is all said and done. There was a narrative that the Seahawks were holding on every play. They wanted to address it. Right now they are going buck wild with the calls but that will simmer down. They aren't going to call 8 times more holds/contact penalties in the regular season. It isn't going to happen.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is accurate.

Both times because Manning got dominated the league started clamping down ridiculously.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is accurate.

Both times because Manning got dominated the league started clamping down ridiculously.

Just like they have done numerous times on Brady's behalf.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is accurate.

This is a true story... Pats had a dominant defense and the league was unhappy... The rule change really does need to be called what it is... "The Manning rule"... Crazy part is the guy had 55 touchdowns last year and the Broncos were averaging 37 points a fricking game... WTF does the NFL want ??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a true story... Pats had a dominant defense and the league was unhappy... The rule change really does need to be called what it is... "The Manning rule"... Crazy part is the guy had 55 touchdowns last year and the Broncos were averaging 37 points a fricking game... WTF does the NFL want ??
I agree but what the Patriots (and other teams at the time) were doing was basically taking away the passing game entirely.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the Cowgirls to visit the Seahawks this year. Hope it's a bigger ass kicking than the SB. Especially after that clown Jerrah said this.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its the 1st thing I thought of, the catering to Manning. Yet the brain surgeon Jerry Jones blames Seattle? Too funny, can't make this stuff up. Seattle was a breath of fresh air (plus some hot air from Sherman which I could personally do without), something we haven't seen for a long time, DEFENSE. Yet the NFL doesn't like it.

Also, think its a quinkadink this comes down after the Patriots sign two of the most physical QB's in the league to go against Manning?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, fans want to see offense.

You know what fans don't want to see?

25 flags per game.

Memo to Roger Goodell: The casual fan that you keep catering the game to? If you give them this in the regular season, they will change the channel!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: More flags
Step 2: More commercials
Step 3: Get more commercial revenue

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: More flags
Step 2: More commercials
Step 3: Get more commercial revenue

1) Sadly yes.
2) Another truth.
3) Unless viewership decreases (casual fan mentioned earlier). Once a trend line heads south, it can be hard to pull out of a death dive.
The NFL is trying to fix something that ain't broke. Unnecessary risk IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the 1st thing I thought of, the catering to Manning. Yet the brain surgeon Jerry Jones blames Seattle? Too funny, can't make this stuff up. Seattle was a breath of fresh air (plus some hot air from Sherman which I could personally do without), something we haven't seen for a long time, DEFENSE. Yet the NFL doesn't like it.

Also, think its a quinkadink this comes down after the Patriots sign two of the most physical QB's in the league to go against Manning?

Good point... The Pats did go out and get more physical at the corner position and now the NFL is gonna throw the dam flag for breathing on a receiver... Defenses are gonna start pressing and jamming receiver at the line like CRAZY and relying on good safety play... I"m pretty confident just like the replacement officials the NFL will have to stop the craziness at some point ... When several games get decided by the refs shit is gonna start hitting the fan ...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how many teams around the league are going to complain at all of the flags and the constant stoppage they bring just to counter one team that managed to find the right formula, and more importantly, avoid the most serious injuries on their defense to win that title? It's not like Seattle went 16-0 and blew everyone out, nor were they particularly bad in the holding/defensive contact penalties. They found the line and rode it, now the whole league will pay the price.