• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones accused of undermining the NFL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think it's a coincidence that JJ changed his tune once Goddell's incompetence hurt his team. I will never understand this 6 game suspension.

Whether you root for the Cowboys or hate them...you can feel the pain of Cowboy fans...6 games seems so unjust. All because it's a DM issue and they now have this silly minimum standard of punishment.

RG is going to get his extension, but I think the result of this is enough owners will side with the players and reduce the powers of the commish position in the next CBA.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you root for the Cowboys or hate them...you can feel the pain of Cowboy fans...6 games seems so unjust. All because it's a DM issue and they now have this silly minimum standard of punishment.

RG is going to get his extension, but I think the result of this is enough owners will side with the players and reduce the powers of the commish position in the next CBA.

Honestly, this is nothing compared to the bullshit that happened in 2010.
2010 was an uncapped year, but the owners colluded to keep a secret salary cap.
And the NFL players union filed a lawsuit over it.

Both the Cowboys & Redskins did not follow the illegal secret salary cap.
And what happened? they were both fined millions in cap space and the Players union signed off on it because they got the new salary cap that they wanted and they drop the suit.

They both got screwed right in the can for not taking part in illegal collusion.

Lawsuit Claims N.F.L. Owners Colluded on Salary Cap in 2010 Season

Union Accuses N.F.L. Owners of Collusion in Suit

By JUDY BATTISTAMAY 23, 2012

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
  • N.F.L. players’ union filed a complaint in federal court Wednesday charging the N.F.L. with collusion, saying team owners had a conspiracy to create a secret salary cap in the uncapped 2010 season.

The suit, filed in the United States District Court in Minneapolis, stems from the same issue that led to the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys being docked millions of dollars in salary cap space in March.

Owners determined those teams attempted to create a competitive advantage by structuring contracts and dumped spending into the uncapped season, which fell under the previous collective bargaining agreement. On Tuesday, Washington and Dallas lost their appeal to an arbitrator — in part because the union signed off on the penalties imposed by the league.

The union’s lead outside counsel, Jeffrey Kessler, said that the complaint would have been filed no matter how the arbitrator ruled and that the timing was coincidental.

Kessler said that the union was forced to accept the penalties against the Redskins and the Cowboys in exchange for getting a salary cap figure it wanted for the rest of the league — and that it accepted the penalties while taking the league at its word that no collusion had taken place among teams to suppress salaries.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next CBA is going to be a bloodbath if the player's union has ANY backbone. I thought this last agreement was a screwjob for them and heavily critcized the reps for presenting this BS as a good labor deal for players.

All they seem to care about is their cut of the profits, instead of the daily operations of the league and how it impacts them. They almost literally have no power or say over any decisions being made about THEIR own welfare. They are treated as a fungible product or commodity, not as human beings playing a sport that will leave their bodies racked with injuries for the rest of their lives.

If they don't demand equal arbitration, eliminate most of the commish's powers, and get some type of longterm healthcare plan they've lost, AGAIN. Getting a higher cut of revenues isn't going to really matter.

Reactions: DJ

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be fine with the 6 game DV suspension if 1. The accuser had an ounce of credibility and 2. The league had actually followed the 6 game suspension rule in previous cases.
There is equal evidence against at least two other players currently playing in the NFL and the NFL did nothing, then you have the whole Josh Brown DV with a pile of evidence and his admittion to it, and the NFL gives 1 game before the public calls out the NFL.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones: I'll go after Goodell 'with everything I have'

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that he is going to come after him with a vengeance, according to a report from ESPN's Don Van Natta and Seth Wickersham.

Jones, who has threatened to sue other NFL owners should they move forward with negotiating a new contract for Goodell, told Goodell his intentions after the commissioner informed Jones that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott would be suspended for six games for domestic violence issues.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. He then referred to the Deflategate scandal and Patriots owner Robert Kraft. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

After Jones' intentions to block Goodell's new contract went public, the NFL issued a letter to Jones accusing him of partaking in conduct detrimental to the league's best interest.

Jones has been steadfast in his defense of Elliott, who he believes is innocent of the accusations made against him. Jones felt the suspension was a "complete betrayal" on the part of Goodell, per the story, after Jones had been one of Goodell's most ardent supporters.

After a lengthy legal battle characterized by a tangled web of legal decisions that spanned months across multiple courts, Elliott announced that he'll drop his appeal and serve the remainder of his suspension. He served the first game of the suspension in Week 10, when the Cowboys were beaten 27-7 by the Falcons.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating-Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-10.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next CBA is going to be a bloodbath if the player's union has ANY backbone. I thought this last agreement was a screwjob for them and heavily critcized the reps for presenting this BS as a good labor deal for players.

All they seem to care about is their cut of the profits, instead of the daily operations of the league and how it impacts them. They almost literally have no power or say over any decisions being made about THEIR own welfare. They are treated as a fungible product or commodity, not as human beings playing a sport that will leave their bodies racked with injuries for the rest of their lives.

If they don't demand equal arbitration, eliminate most of the commish's powers, and get some type of longterm healthcare plan they've lost, AGAIN. Getting a higher cut of revenues isn't going to really matter.

We know every good negotiation you typically give up something to get something and the players have made gains, larger % of the revenue rookie wage scale, roll back contact in practice, CTE settlement, etc. I do agree with the players on fighting for a larger share of the revenue pie. I still think the NFL has it backwards on guarantees, but that a different topic.

Giving the commish complete authority over player discipline they quickly found out that was a mistake...that will change almost certainly as I mentioned some owners probably want to see that changed as well. Agree, longterm healthcare has to be (should be) forefront. I forgot what is included in the pension benefits, and when it kicks in, but I know its a long gap than normal because they stop working much quicker than we do.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what happened? they were both fined millions in cap space and the Players union signed off on it because they got the new salary cap that they wanted and they drop the suit.

They both got screwed right in the can for not taking part in illegal collusion.

• N.F.L. players’ union filed a complaint in federal court Wednesday charging the N.F.L. with collusion, saying team owners had a conspiracy to create a secret salary cap in the uncapped 2010 season.

The suit, filed in the United States District Court in Minneapolis, stems from the same issue that led to the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys being docked millions of dollars in salary cap space in March.

Owners determined those teams attempted to create a competitive advantage by structuring contracts and dumped spending into the uncapped season, which fell under the previous collective bargaining agreement. On Tuesday, Washington and Dallas lost their appeal to an arbitrator — in part because the union signed off on the penalties imposed by the league.

The union’s lead outside counsel, Jeffrey Kessler, said that the complaint would have been filed no matter how the arbitrator ruled and that the timing was coincidental.

Kessler said that the union was forced to accept the penalties against the Redskins and the Cowboys in exchange for getting a salary cap figure it wanted for the rest of the league — and that it accepted the penalties while taking the league at its word that no collusion had taken place among teams to suppress salaries.

I brought this up a few weeks ago, it's the reason I hate Mara and the Giants even more than your team. However the union is not innocent. The reason the Redskins law suite failed was it was determined that the union went along with the penalties as was described in your link. Why? So DeMarious Smith could tell his members that he just got them a pay raise as the penalty money went back into the pool and each team got a bump. So the NFLPA is just as guilty as the league.

Sorry but this was the most unfair thing I have ever seen. The teams were given a salary cap penalty in an uncapped year by refusing to agree to the collusion for contracts that had been previously approved by the league. WTF is that?!?!?

Funny how only Redskins and Cowboys fans seemed to care about this crock of shit.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how Goddell still has Kraft's support. That is amazing to me.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being called a p**sy by Jones I would be more anti-Jones than friend of Goodell

I guarantee Kraft hasn't forgotten all the praise Jerry was throwing at the feet of Goodell during deflate-gate.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how Goddell still has Kraft's support. That is amazing to me.

Because Goodell was simply the tool. The other owners (including Jerry Jones) wanted to hang the Patriots from the nearest yardarm and did.

Kraft is probably adhering to the old adage: Keep you friends close, your enemies closer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WINNER!!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with the 6 game DV suspension if 1. The accuser had an ounce of credibility and 2. The league had actually followed the 6 game suspension rule in previous cases.
There is equal evidence against at least two other players currently playing in the NFL and the NFL did nothing, then you have the whole Josh Brown DV with a pile of evidence and his admittion to it, and the NFL gives 1 game before the public calls out the NFL.
another winning post!!!

forum posting shitheads are shitheads unless it's their team.

shock value from behind a keyboard remains supreme

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Boys don't make the playoffs, how more upset will Jerrah be?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Boys don't make the playoffs, how more upset will Jerrah be?
LOL....bout the same as other years
two years ago they had the 4th pick in the draft. Jerry should be sorta expecting this coaster ride. It's been going on for a very long time