• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones accused of undermining the NFL

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so Goodell's bungling incompetence will be enjoyed by the Libbie Football League for years to come.

And now back to hockey!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goofball thinks he's God, and likes to make assumptions to cover his decisions instead of basing things on facts.

Goodell thinks he's God. Jones thinks he's God. Trump thinks he's God. Clinton thinks she's God. Weinstein thinks he's God. ...

...That's the place we're at right now... All these filthy rich gods who are never told 'no' are suddenly being told 'no' and everyone is losing their shit. It's actually pretty amusing to witness all of these self-appointed gods get humbled.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I can barely stand to look at the man.

Makes me long for Gil Stein....
I can't stand him either but Goodell is........
stock-photo-an-image-of-a-three-lemon-slot-machine-game-93415453.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it's posturing, but no one owner will take down the NFL. Collusion, steroids, CTE, dirty laudry...imo the only thing that would kill the NFL is if the word FIXED was uncovered and applied.

JJ has a LOT of money tied up into the Cowboys and JerryWorld...he'd be stupid to ruin that for his own legacy and for his son who one day will probably run the Cowboys.

FWIW...I don't think JJ is the only owner that feels the same way, but they have mostly stayed quiet and or backed off. It really sounds like the owners had the vote to do this, and thought this was a done deal. Jerry just didn't want to accept it....as obvious as it seems...the Zeke deal came into play...to be honest I can't blame Jerry...I would have a change of heart too, but creating this firestorm does no one any good.

The NFL would have to get rid of the Cowboys and football in Dallas. the NFL doesn't own the stadium, Jerry does. Jerry is stupid smart when it comes to the business and yeah, I think he could provide enough info to destroy the NFL if he turned over everything he knows about where the bodies are buried.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like this
homer_lurk.gif

He publicly called the anonymous NFL bluff for all to hear. Now there is backing of "at worst a fine". The NFL does what it always does and leaks to it's media mouthpieces salacious reports to gauge public interest. Now they have released another saying "never mind, just a fine at worse".

Their bullshit is transparent, they always leak details to see how everyone reacts. From the Zeke negotiation to Rogers compensation, just putting it out anonymously to gauge reactions then deny it.

BulldogCard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long gone are faceless NFL days of the 1960s and 70s. Back when people got sunburned sitting on a bench seat in a dated stadium, with a field that did not refrost, taking the bus to the game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is he has severely angered some other powerful owners including Arthur Blank. I think Jerry is on thin ice. He won't be asked to sell but he is being put on notice that his days of calling shots in the NFL are over.
Don't underestimate Jerry Jones.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, maybe if Goofball had done something about the "anthem antics" by certain players, this wouldn't be such an issue. Goofball also decided to come down hard on Zeke despite no finding of criminal behavior, and against the advice of his own investigators who looked into it.

Goofball thinks he's God, and likes to make assumptions to cover his decisions instead of basing things on facts.
Goodell envisions himself as a dictator.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would have to get rid of the Cowboys and football in Dallas. the NFL doesn't own the stadium, Jerry does. Jerry is stupid smart when it comes to the business and yeah, I think he could provide enough info to destroy the NFL if he turned over everything he knows about where the bodies are buried.
I did some checking on what you said, because I really wished it were true. Sadly, it looks like the city of Arlington owns AT&T stadium according to this article.

Arlington blitzing through its stadium debt faster than expected

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Kroenke looks like the only owner to own the land, stadium and team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did some checking on what you said, because I really wished it were true. Sadly, it looks like the city of Arlington owns AT&T stadium according to this article.

Arlington blitzing through its stadium debt faster than expected
They issued $500m in bonds, but the NFL only lent about $10m and that's been paid off. My point was the NFL wouldn't have a venue.

But the stadium was $1.5B, so Jerry has most of it. He also has all the parking and the nearby area that isn't Texas Rangers owned.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who couldn't see that happening? When someone "disrespects" the league or at least the league even thinks you are disrespecting them they will "try" to flex their muscle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who couldn't see that happening? When someone "disrespects" the league or at least the league even thinks you are disrespecting them they will "try" to flex their muscle.

And eventually they will get an owner that doesn't give a fuck and will take the whole system down with him.

One memo about CTE coverup, or about collusion is all it would take. Trump's DOJ is in office, they would pounce and punish the hell out of the NFL.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And eventually they will get an owner that doesn't give a fuck and will take the whole system down with him.

One memo about CTE coverup, or about collusion is all it would take. Trump's DOJ is in office, they would pounce and punish the hell out of the NFL.

Jerry certainly is trying to .. Might work out