• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones accused of undermining the NFL

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They issued $500m in bonds, but the NFL only lent about $10m and that's been paid off. My point was the NFL wouldn't have a venue.

But the stadium was $1.5B, so Jerry has most of it. He also has all the parking and the nearby area that isn't Texas Rangers owned.
Love where the Rangers play. I did a fair bit of business in the area years ago and liked to hang my hat at the Legends Sports Bar in the stadium. What a great spot!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long gone are faceless NFL days of the 1960s and 70s. Back when people got sunburned sitting on a bench seat in a dated stadium, with a field that did not refrost, taking the bus to the game.
Went home to wives with pubic hair too.

I don't know what refrost means.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And eventually they will get an owner that doesn't give a fuck and will take the whole system down with him.

One memo about CTE coverup, or about collusion is all it would take. Trump's DOJ is in office, they would pounce and punish the hell out of the NFL.

Why would someone want to lose billions?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

But I'd still try to avoid it....

JJ is right. Goodell isn't all that and then some and there should be no rush to sign him up. Especially at that price.

Name a free agent option Goodell has?

Any number of hacks could come in and do what Goodell has done for less.
There is no doubt that I am a supreme hack and I am putting it out there that I should be able to replace that bum for a little bit less Ching wah.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would have to get rid of the Cowboys and football in Dallas. the NFL doesn't own the stadium, Jerry does. Jerry is stupid smart when it comes to the business and yeah, I think he could provide enough info to destroy the NFL if he turned over everything he knows about where the bodies are buried.
This was not a stupid smart move on Jerry's part. Stupid for sure though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love where the Rangers play. I did a fair bit of business in the area years ago and liked to hang my hat at the Legends Sports Bar in the stadium. What a great spot!!

got bad news for ya then, it's coming down in 3 years. new stadium already broke ground

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not a stupid smart move on Jerry's part. Stupid for sure though.

Then you don't know shit about Jerry and his business moves.

You realize he has sued the NFL before, right? And he was villified. Then the other owners realized he just made them millions. So they loved him.

they need to STFU and get out of his way again.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that I am a supreme hack and I am putting it out there that I should be able to replace that bum for a little bit less Ching wah.

I honestly pay little attention to the machinations of the NFL hierarchy. Other than hating most of it.

But I did manage to once hear something about others who could step up.

You may be THE ONE....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly pay little attention to the machinations of the NFL hierarchy. Other than hating most of it.

But I did manage to once hear something about others who could step up.

You may be THE ONE....
You must have heard me at the water cooler.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't know shit about Jerry and his business moves.

You realize he has sued the NFL before, right? And he was villified. Then the other owners realized he just made them millions. So they loved him.

they need to STFU and get out of his way again.
Are you saying this was all a smart business move?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting twist
Sources: Owners set meeting over Goodell deal

Jerry asks for an Owners meeting over the contract talks, that meeting gets denied, Jerry shows owners the contract details, now the meeting is on.
Could this remove Blank from the committee and be the beginning of the end for Goodell.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a strange feeling to be rooting for Jerry Jones and be in his corner but he is absolutely right. I'm not sure I understand all the critical comments on Jones from other posters. Goodell is a disaster, we all know this. We should be cheering Jones on as he tries to do what is really right for the league and that is to replace that clown.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would have to get rid of the Cowboys and football in Dallas. the NFL doesn't own the stadium, Jerry does. Jerry is stupid smart when it comes to the business and yeah, I think he could provide enough info to destroy the NFL if he turned over everything he knows about where the bodies are buried.

Destroying the league...if it has anything to do with fixing games...yes. Anything aside from that...eeh we agree to disagree on that.

This is a mute debate really...too much money is at stake for Jones to kill the Golden Goose. While I'm on JJ's side with the commish...his motives are too transparent...leave it alone much like Zeke has done...concede this and pick another battle. Difficult for men of his stature, but in the end that is what should happen.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destroying the league...if it has anything to do with fixing games...yes. Anything aside from that...eeh we agree to disagree on that.

This is a mute debate really...too much money is at stake for Jones to kill the Golden Goose. While I'm on JJ's side with the commish...his motives are too transparent...leave it alone much like Zeke has done...concede this and pick another battle. Difficult for men of his stature, but in the end that is what should happen.

Oh I don't think it's a coincidence that JJ changed his tune once Goddell's incompetence hurt his team. I will never understand this 6 game suspension.