• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jermichael Finley's agent

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true, he doesn't make the kickoff kicker better at all - so he doesn't make everyone better. He needs to work on that. And he hardly takes blame for his defense's play. ;)

Seriously though, I didn't see the rationale of making this statement. So what if some people are mad that he didn't list Rodgers when comparing Cutler to great leaders? He could have just said it was an illustration not an exhaustive list - all without retracting his previous comment or saying that Rodgers is a great leader.

Rodgers will still target Finley plenty, but as a rule of thumb, it's just not a smart thing to do in general for your fringe receivers and a more vindictive QB than Rodgers. I could see Cutler targetting someone less throughout the course of a game, but not if it hurts his chance of winning. I think Rodgers is better than that, regardless of chance on winning.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true, he doesn't make the kickoff kicker better at all - so he doesn't make everyone better. He needs to work on that. And he hardly takes blame for his defense's play. ;)

Seriously though, I didn't see the rationale of making this statement. So what if some people are mad that he didn't list Rodgers when comparing Cutler to great leaders? He could have just said it was an illustration not an exhaustive list - all without retracting his previous comment or saying that Rodgers is a great leader.

Rodgers will still target Finley plenty, but as a rule of thumb, it's just not a smart thing to do in general for your fringe receivers and a more vindictive QB than Rodgers. I could see Cutler targetting someone less throughout the course of a game, but not if it hurts his chance of winning. I think Rodgers is better than that, regardless of chance on winning.

The rationale here is that the agent was deflecting criticisms away from his client.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rationale here is that the agent was deflecting criticisms away from his client.

It was Finley who didn't come back to the ball on Rodgers' INT? That explains it, I thought it was someone else. It sounded like he was responding to a question on Cutler for the original tweet.

"Jay Cutler, u serious in ur press conf last night?U sound like a 6 yr old who just had his animal crackers taken. Quit being a bitch, own up,"
"There's a major difference & drop off in leadership from Manning, Brees, Brady, to the next best QB's in the league. Cutler doesn't get it,"

Packer fans got mad that Rodgers wasn't included on the list. Then the:

"ARod is a great QB he isn't a great leader. There's a major difference. Leaders take the blame & make every1 better. He doesn't."

It seemed calculated if he was sticking up for Finley, but that's what you do when you're an agent. I don't see how this did him much good, because he still should have come back for that ball, if that was him. I think a majority of fans by a large margin see Rodgers as a leader, not just the Packer fans.

Aaron Rodgers' leadership called out by Finley's agent - NFL.com

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is Webb his client, which makes this whole thing make much more sense. That might help his client. I just don't see how it would help Finley much. What real criticism is Finley getting in the win?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Finley who didn't come back to the ball on Rodgers' INT? That explains it, I thought it was someone else. It sounded like he was responding to a question on Cutler for the original tweet.

It was James Jones.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was James Jones.

Thanks. This just is his personality I guess.

Unless he represents Webb, the guy Cutler bumped, I don't see this is a good thing to say other than to get attention. I won't exaggerate to say this is terrible, I just thought there'd be a reason besides attention.

James then defended Rodgers:

“For people to question his leadership is ridiculous. He’s a natural-born leader, not just by what he says but how he carries himself, how he plays the game, how he handles certain situations. Everybody in this locker room looks up to him as a leader. Everybody in this locker room believes in him.”

Finley added:

“@AaronRodgers12 is our leader, period. … Family can disagree it makes us all stronger.” On Monday night, Finley also tweeted, “u should all b so lucky 2 have some1 like Blake (agent) in ur life. He’s helped me in more ways that I would expect any1 2 understand.”

His agent also had this to say:

“[Michael] Jordan was a great player, terrible teammate, terrible leader,” Baratz posted in a response to a follower on Twitter. “There’s a great diff b/t gr8 players & leaders. Arod isn’t a bad leader, there’s just a diff b/t him & Brees, Brady, etc,” Baratz tweeted. “4 the 10th time I actually believe AROD is the best QB in football, I never said a word abt talent.”

He later apologized to Finley for the attention he got:

“I apologize 2 (Finley) because he had nothing 2 do w MY comments or opinions,” Baratz tweeted. “I understand the power of social media and how it can be taken in & out of context. Again, I will apologize for that. I will always own up 2 my own opinions, I have no reason 2 hide from them, but please always understand, they’re mine & mine only, & lastly, I hope u tune into the Blog because 140 characters is just not enough. Life’s too short ppl, gotta relax a bit.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley sure was a bitch during the Niner/Packer game. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he said something negative about Rodgers behind his back.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like I suffered the same "foot in mouth" affliction that the agent suffered. Did not read the whole article through.. Mea Culpa

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the agent saying Jordan was not a great teammate.... that is ridiculous. You don't have to be best friends with everyone to be a good teammate. He made everyone better if for nothing else than everyone worked that much harder and had to play that much better to remotely keep up with him.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys wanna take Finley for.............ALDON SMITH?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where Finley will be playing next year, but I guarantee it won't be in yellow and green.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. This just is his personality I guess.

Unless he represents Webb, the guy Cutler bumped, I don't see this is a good thing to say other than to get attention. I won't exaggerate to say this is terrible, I just thought there'd be a reason besides attention.

James then defended Rodgers:

Finley added:

His agent also had this to say:

He later apologized to Finley for the attention he got:

Anyone who says Jordan (Michael Jordan for fuck's sake) was a "terrible" leader is a fucking moron.

End thread.