• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JDR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who forgot what we were sold on

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an image of one of the many cliffs along the Chesapeake Bay very near my home. There is layer upon layer of history in this cliff that goes back tens of thousands of years if not longer. Each layer has shells embedded in it, people search for sharks teeth on these beaches. Scientists (the real kind) have found skeletal remains of fish and animals in these cliffs, some very large. When I walk along these cliffs I wonder what sorts of things prehistoric man did to cause the climate change that caused the water to be so high (up to 50+ feet) in some places? BTW the Bay is 5 -20 feet away from this cliff depending on tide. Asking for a friend.

DSC_0793 (1).jpg

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an image of one of the many cliffs along the Chesapeake Bay very near my home. There is layer upon layer of history in this cliff that goes back tens of thousands of years if not longer. Each layer has shells embedded in it, people search for sharks teeth on these beaches. Scientists (the real kind) have found skeletal remains of fish and animals in these cliffs, some very large. When I walk along these cliffs I wonder what sorts of things prehistoric man did to cause the climate change that caused the water to be so high (up to 50+ feet) in some places? BTW the Bay is 5 -20 feet away from this cliff depending on tide. Asking for a friend.

Good ol’ Calvert Cliffs, eh? Been to Lusby plenty of times. Probably passed you on the street.

I wonder if you are as skeptical of Smith Island’s eventual succombing into the Bay, or the fact that many low level Chesapeake Bay communities have and are enlisting the Army Corps of Engineers to figure out how best to deal with the inevitable Climate Change that is coming to the Bay.

Oxford, St Michaels, Kent Narrows, Cambridge, Annapolis, Balitmore -you name it.

What’d you pay for crabs this summer? Know any watermen? Talk to any of them about the general state of crabs in the Bay? Oysters?

There are always going to be science deniers just like there are going to be election deniers, truth deniers, fact deniers, and straight up imbeciles.

Doesnt mean it isnt happening. Facts are facts and science is science.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good ol’ Calvert Cliffs, eh? Been to Lusby plenty of times. Probably passed you on the street.

I wonder if you are as skeptical of Smith Island’s eventual succombing into the Bay, or the fact that many low level Chesapeake Bay communities have and are enlisting the Army Corps of Engineers to figure out how best to deal with the inevitable Climate Change that is coming to the Bay.

Oxford, St Michaels, Kent Narrows, Cambridge, Annapolis, Balitmore -you name it.

What’d you pay for crabs this summer? Know any watermen? Talk to any of them about the general state of crabs in the Bay? Oysters?

There are always going to be science deniers just like there are going to be election deniers, truth deniers, fact deniers, and straight up imbeciles.

Doesnt mean it isnt happening. Facts are facts and science is science.
Models are models that have been predicting doom my entire life and have been wrong over and over again.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about crabs .... they are scarce every year. I heard a theory this year, actually it wasn't passed on to me as a theory that snakeheads are eating all the baby crabs. Just had a dozen crabs a couple of weeks ago. My cousins just spent two weeks at the Navy Annex in Solomon's and caught 2 1/2 dozen crabs every day off the pier at the annex. Their greatest haul in a while.

I know a guy who fishes the Bay as a guide. They are catching their limit every trip. I know restaurant owners and seafood store owners. They are not reporting a seafood shortage.

Of course this is not about science, it is about conservation. As a lifelong fisherman and a huge advocate of conservation.

Erosion .... induced by wave action. Smith Island. Super tides due to the proximity of the moon or strong onshore winds. I have seen this since the 60s.

Negative impact on the Chesapeake Bay:
Hurricanes
Human development eliminating wetlands
Fertilizers used by farmers
Fortunately they are doing things to help with the last two.

Anyhow, those are just a few things ... you go with your climate change (not to mention the science for COVID) and I will stick with my cliffs and 60s of living next to tidewater.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs werent always scarce and have been scarcer in recent years due to climate change and environmental factors.

Your circumstantial evidence wont change fhe actual data and actual facts.

Same with the oyster population in the Bay.

Down to 1% of the oyster population of the Bay.

You go with your head in the sand and I’ll go with actual science.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this:

“Erosion .... induced by wave action. Smith Island. Super tides due to the proximity of the moon or strong onshore winds. I have seen this since the 60s.”

Are you a big fan of Faulkner or something? Is this some sort of stream-of-consciousness rabble?

Surely what deniers (imbeciles?) do is dismiss the experts as “fake news” or “biased.” Why would the Maryland Government be interested in pushing a false narrative about an island populated by 900 people?

Short answer: they wouldnt.

Imbeciles dismiss what they dont understand. Look at this thread.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this:

“Erosion .... induced by wave action. Smith Island. Super tides due to the proximity of the moon or strong onshore winds. I have seen this since the 60s.”

Are you a big fan of Faulkner or something? Is this some sort of stream-of-consciousness rabble?

Surely what deniers (imbeciles?) do is dismiss the experts as “fake news” or “biased.” Why would the Maryland Government be interested in pushing a false narrative about an island populated by 900 people?

Your liberal faithful introduced the snakeheads so they could push their “global warming “ agenda

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this:

You know dickhead .... I have you on ignore because you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. I tried having a decent conversation with you and you turn it into a name calling thing because you do not know how to have a discussion where everyone doesn't agree with you. You have been proven wrong over and over again on here. dad has had you for fucking lunch over and over.

I don't have a problem with you not agreeing with me but I won't be called names. I will say this I would love to see you in southern MD sometime so you can call me an imbecile ..... if you have the balls. Then I can break your fucking face.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First if all, I didnt insult you - I insulted skinsdad.

Second of all, aren’t you like pushing sixty or something? I should get worked up by an anonymous screenname so much so as to make a trip to southern maryland specifically for what, exactly? So he can “Break my fucking face?” Ok boomer, ok.

Its funny that its always right wingers that piss and moan about “not being able to have conversations with others.” It must be “those people,” all the time, eh sporty?

To tell you the truth, I might as well as insulted you considering you think that skinsdad has done anything other than embarrass himself by posting sheer stupidity over and over and over again, and perhaps I will in the future.

In any case, you shouldnt care about it one way or another, considering you supposedly have me on ignore.

For the record, I dont give a fuck if you do or do not have me on ignore.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about the ignore button. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Try not to break any fucking faces…

1660969114853.gif

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know chiller is your sources have been wrong for about a decade .

Call us when any of the doom and gloom comes to pass
CBS , Newsweek , Baltimore sun? Come on pal that ship has sailed

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know chiller is your sources have been wrong for about a decade .

Call us when any of the doom and gloom comes to pass
CBS , Newsweek , Baltimore sun? Come on pal that ship has sailed

Its already happening in the chesapeake bay.

Here are some sources you’re bound to ignore or discredit:

Do yourself a favor and stay in your own lane, denying climate change in your own neck of the woods.