• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler Was The Most Catastrophic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with Jay,we may win 8.................Which still is not respectable enough as to how good this team is suppose to be.
What do you expect for only 54 mil? Fix the defense and were SB contenders.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it rather convenient for your argument that you missed the second interception in which Jay threw it right to a defensive linemen on third and 1 within fg range. If he throws that away, it's a field goal that changes the game for us.

Saying I didnt see it means I dont have a comment for it. Its not turning a blind eye per your implication. It doesnt change my opinion on mistakes made in a game that was close. How is it convenient when Ive maintained theres plenty of blame to go around- and that doesnt exclude Jay. Whether I saw that play or not doesnt really matter when Ive been clear that he contributed to the mistakes.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8.2 yards per carry allowed when they ran between the tackles. This is why we lost.

Yep. Big holes and no LB support to be found. Thats what I saw.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically the system calculates "catastrophic plays" based on how close the game is. So, since Cutler's interceptions came in tie games. It automatically scores that the highest.

Meanwhile, Romo literally gives an entire game away in Dallas, and the Cowboys had zero chance.

Yeah, totally genius system for rating QB effectiveness. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played a solid game without his two WR's, and made one terrible mistake. He is at fault for his shortcomings, but so are a lot of people.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Cutler played a solid game without his two WR's, and made one terrible mistake. He is at fault for his shortcomings, but so are a lot of people.

Like Ray Rice?

Look, the point is valid, but most of us don't tens of millions to play a game. He is being paid to not make mistakes. One or two mistakes a game is precisely what defines an elite Qb. Which,we have just been reminded yet again, Jay is not.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Ray Rice?

Look, the point is valid, but most of us don't tens of millions to play a game. He is being paid to not make mistakes. One or two mistakes a game is precisely what defines an elite Qb. Which,we have just been reminded yet again, Jay is not.

So… Peyton Manning has never made mistakes in key moments? I recall quite many.

It happens, and nobody here thinks Jay Cutler is an "elite QB".

Good quarterbacks are defined by how they bounce back from these kinds of mistakes. Fortunately, for us, Jay has always responded well from his poor outings.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Ray Rice?

Look, the point is valid, but most of us don't make tens of millions to play a game. He is being paid to not make mistakes. One or two mistakes a game is precisely what defines an elite Qb. Which,we have just been reminded yet again, Jay is not.

Yeah....I'm getting a bit tired of the $ thing. Everyone who wants to throw stones at Jay, brings up the big money. But they ALL make big money- Flacco, Romo, Dalton, Kap...they all signed new deals too. Alex Smith signed a huge extension too and just threw 3 picks. It's simply the cost of business.

I know we all want Jay to magically become a combination of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees. But we already know he's just not. I wish Jay was on SNL and had national commercials that everyone quoted and laughed about, that's not him.
Manning lost quite a few playoff games- some with horrible games. Brady has lost two superbowls... When they both got pressure and hit a lot they made mistakes too. That doesn't make either of them failures, They are bonafide HOFers.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So… Peyton Manning has never made mistakes in key moments? I recall quite many.

It happens, and nobody here thinks Jay Cutler is an "elite QB".

Good quarterbacks are defined by how they bounce back from these kinds of mistakes. Fortunately, for us, Jay has always responded well from his poor outings.

I know you and I agree that he isn't an elite Qb, and some of the anti Cutler criticism by (especially) packer fans and others was silly. But this isn't hair splitting. Yes everyone makes mistakes, but some of them make fewer. And the simple fact of the matter is that Cutler makes more unforced mental errors than those guys do. Not many more. But more. It doesn't take many more in the NFL. It just takes MORE. And for the amount of money he is now getting paid and the kind of offense he now has around him, he needs to elevate himself from the 12th or so Qb in the league to a few notches higher. I have defended cutler was stupid attacks on here as much as anyone, as you we'll know Richig, but the fact is if he keeps making more mistakes than the elite QBs do, given his new salary, I'm definitely going to join the camp of people who consider him overpaid. It's one game...not there yet...but he cannot continue to do this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis and not have people over time get sick of it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and I agree that he isn't an elite Qb, and some of the anti Cutler criticism by (especially) packer fans and others was silly. But this isn't hair splitting. Yes everyone makes mistakes, but some of them make fewer. And the simple fact of the matter is that Cutler makes more unforced mental errors than those guys do. Not many more. But more. It doesn't take many more in the NFL. It just takes MORE. And for the amount of money he is now getting paid and the kind of offense he now has around him, he needs to elevate himself from the 12th or so Qb in the league to a few notches higher. I have defended cutler was stupid attacks on here as much as anyone, as you we'll know Richig, but the fact is if he keeps making more mistakes than the elite QBs do, given his new salary, I'm definitely going to join the camp of people who consider him overpaid. It's one game...not there yet...but he cannot continue to do this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis and not have people over time get sick of it.

Get ready for game #2 vs the 9ers........i think this one is gonna get ugly.