• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler Was The Most Catastrophic

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't watch all of the games, but Cutler was the reason we lost that game. He threw terrible interceptions at the wrong times. In a year that he drastically needs to produce to warrant the huge contract he just received, he started off on the wrong foot. I hope he can rebound, but the term "the same old Cutler" seems to pop up in my mind.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch all of the games, but Cutler was the reason we lost that game. He threw terrible interceptions at the wrong times. In a year that he drastically needs to produce to warrant the huge contract he just received, he started off on the wrong foot. I hope he can rebound, but the term "the same old Cutler" seems to pop up in my mind.

agreed, that's what the deadspin article hinted at.

Aussie77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jay played alright especially with the receivers being dinged up a bit I don't know whose fault the pick was to Graham I have to feel that Bennett at least had something to do with it. The pick to Williams was a terrible throw but he would never have seen Williams at all either as one of the Bears players not sure who would have blocked his vision if he completes the pass to what he thought was a wide open WR we probably aren't having this conversation because it would have likely led to a win.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 turnovers...one was Marshalls fumble....the first pick was a miscommunication- really difficult to tell who thats on. I didnt see the 2nd one. Rush defense still is poor, and the playcalling was very unbalanced. Hard to pin that on one person, IMO.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cutler was awful, he wasn't good either.

But the play calling was dreadful.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was definitely worse than Cutler last week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cutler was awful, he wasn't good either.

But the play calling was dreadful.

It started out OK...first drive was great.

2nd drive, Trestman outsmarted himself. The flee-flicker and subsequent bubble screen to set up 3rd and long was arrogant and it deflated the Bears and woke up the Bills. We never really regained the momentum, which is too bad after a dominant opening drive.

Woulkda been nice to see the D stand up and make a stop after that opening drive....had they forced the Bills to a 3 and out there, the game woulda been well on its way to over.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how it's all Jay's fault- and yet they tied it, to go into OT. The defense gave up 193 rushing yards. I can see placing more blame on him/offense...if they only scored 10 points... but they tied it to go to OT.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how it's all Jay's fault- and yet they tied it, to go into OT. The defense gave up 193 rushing yards. I can see placing more blame on him/offense...if they only scored 10 points... but they tied it to go to OT.
If anybody's saying what I bolded, they're obviously biased. But I don't know how many people are saying that.

Did our STs outplay theirs? I don't think so.

Our offense should've carried the day. But they had a bunch of injuries. So they have a built in excuse. They also had 3 preventable turnovers and could've had more, courtesy of #6.

On Defense, we allowed 20 points in regulation against a very inexperienced QB with an above average RB tandem, but unexceptional WRs. That's pretty middle of the road, but you have to give them a bit more credit when you factor in the field position resulting from TOs. I don't think you can call giving up 190+ yards rushing good. But defensively we weren't bad like some people are making it out to be.

All that said, if there's one controllable thing that if changed would've swung the outcome the other way, it's Cutler throwing the ball away more and throwing the ball to the guys in the white shirts less. But that's not to say that it's the only thing that went wrong.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 turnovers...one was Marshalls fumble....the first pick was a miscommunication- really difficult to tell who thats on. I didnt see the 2nd one. Rush defense still is poor, and the playcalling was very unbalanced. Hard to pin that on one person, IMO.

I find it rather convenient for your argument that you missed the second interception in which Jay threw it right to a defensive linemen on third and 1 within fg range. If he throws that away, it's a field goal that changes the game for us.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody's saying what I bolded, they're obviously biased. But I don't know how many people are saying that.

Did our STs outplay theirs? I don't think so.

Our offense should've carried the day. But they had a bunch of injuries. So they have a built in excuse. They also had 3 preventable turnovers and could've had more, courtesy of #6.

On Defense, we allowed 20 points in regulation against a very inexperienced QB with an above average RB tandem, but unexceptional WRs. That's pretty middle of the road, but you have to give them a bit more credit when you factor in the field position resulting from TOs. I don't think you can call giving up 190+ yards rushing good. But defensively we weren't bad like some people are making it out to be.

All that said, if there's one controllable thing that if changed would've swung the outcome the other way, it's Cutler throwing the ball away more and throwing the ball to the guys in the white shirts less. But that's not to say that it's the only thing that went wrong.

I know I'm bias...when it comes to knuckleheads who just want to blame Jay, so maybe I'm just "seeing" that more cause it pisses me off. I tend to defend more then blame for most Bears. It's easy to just throw out the "HE Sucks" mantra of whoever we are talking about- today it's Jay... next it could be Briggs, Conte, some Olineman, ...whoever. If Forte were ever to has 2 fumbles in critical times I'm sure someone will write the "cut him" post.
Mikefive: Appreciate the post and more thought put into what you write. Would much rather have a well thought out response, even if it does place blame (rightfully so) then the typical "He Sucks!! look at all that money they paid him! I KNEW IT"
Man, I gotta stop reading Bleacher report articles I guess.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Since the defense only surrendered one long scoring drive during regulation, why is the defense the main culprit? Or...put another way...which defender cost this game more than cutler?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the defense only surrendered one long scoring drive during regulation, why is the defense the main culprit? Or...put another way...which defender cost this game more than cutler?

Every loss people seem to always want to Place Blame... Point out that ONE guy...HE SUCKS!!! CUT HIM!! I just don't see it so black and white.

Jay Cutler- Shouldn't have thrown the two picks- and especially the second one- No question...Without Jay are we even in it? Would Forte's 87 yards rushing been enough with a rookie QB? Josh McCown? Jay also contributed 349 yards passing and two td's- (marty bennett played great aside from the one bad route)

Chris Conte- Horrible decision to try and strip the ball on the final run... looked terrible. Are we close without his interception? If Jackson was tackled in the whole, like he was supposed to...are we blaming Conte?

J. Allen & L. Houston- Because their mistakes or lack of play isn't as visible as a QB's or a fumble by a WR... is their lack of high profile plays any less of Blame? Allen should have had at least 2 sacks! Houston should have had 9 tackles- for what we paid them!!! (they only had 2 tackles between them)

I'm for the TEAM lost this game... Jay has his part, The defense has their part, Marshall has his fumbled part... I'm not giving these guys a pass, everyone needs to play better. Football is the ultimate TEAM game.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8.2 yards per carry allowed when they ran between the tackles. This is why we lost.

Jay could play like Montana and we'd lose more than we win with a number like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Jay we might win 4 games this year.