• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler... For discussion

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love you Cali...
Instead of commenting on the content- you just call me a douchebag. Classic! Daa BEARS!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Cutler outplayted Rodgers in that game. He had a much higher passer rating and QBR than Rodgers. LOL that you would bring up Cutler's interception. You know it was a final seconds desperation hail mary. Cutler should have had no interceptions in that game. But he had 1 compared to Rodgers' 2. AND, Rodgers fumbled while Cutler had no fumbles. Rodgers had freak luck that his fumble got picked up and taken for a TD. Anyone intelligent who watched that game saw that Cutler played better than Rodgers.

The Bears allowed a 48 yard TD pass on a 4th and 8 with 38 seconds left. One of the worst defensive breakdowns you'll ever see. Cutler should have gotten his big win against the Packers. Really too bad. You're a Bears fan, so aren't you upset that Cutler's defense let him down in the final seconds of that game? It should have been a damn win.

Watch Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears [12/29/2013] - NFL.com

Pick the stats that support your point. I bring up completions, attempts and yardage, you pick QBR.

Bottom line, Rodgers won. Dagger.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears [12/29/2013] - NFL.com

Pick the stats that support your point. I bring up completions, attempts and yardage, you pick QBR.

Bottom line, Rodgers won. Dagger.

I didn't just pick QBR. I also picked passer rating. Cutler had more yards per attempt, A higher TD% and lower INT%. He outplayed Rodgers in almost every statistical category in that game. Rodgers was lucky that his fumble got picked up by a teammate and taken for a TD, or the Packers would have lost.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha... You could put a thread out that just read: "JAY CULTER- Go... "

And this is exactly what you would have. The "nut huggers" (I don't even understand that term- really if anyone hugged my nuts I would be pretty confused... and kinda impressed- that's a difficult thing to do- wrap your arms around someone's nuts. I mean, is it a gentle, loving thing, like a slow dance hug... or is it more of the bro hug?...quick little tough pound on the back? well I digress- Could it be a "gay is bad" reference? hmm)

Ugh.....Well at least you were amused by it, right? Which makes it exponentially more lame.

The Jay Cutler Supporters: are and have been defending against "The Stupid"- and that's where I am... when I read or hear some of this stuff- it comes off like they are one of the "da Superfans" from SNL.

Uh oh, I think our little Joey here is trying to criticize me, but doesn't seem to have the courage to mention me by name......

Geez, butt-hurt much?

I just imagine this over the top Chicago accent... When I hear something like- "at least he didn't throw a Pick" said or written by someone on this board

Uh, it was me Joey, you can mention me by name, Skippy. Kind of cowardly, but please proceed...

(that's happen a couple times) When it's said by a known "hater"- that's exactly what it is. It's a way to remind people that- "HEY- JAY CUTLER THROWS PICKS!!" without actually saying that- it's a backhanded compliment. IMO.

And my comment that Jay didn't throw any interceptions in a thread solely dedicated to discussing the defense's performance and the variables contributing to the defenses success was a factual and appropriate statement. And because it was so factual and so relevant to the topic at hand, I'll say it again: Hats off to Jay Cutler for not throwing any INT's during the Niners game. He did indeed help the defense and the team in winning the game by not throwing any INT's....

But hey, maybe someday when you understand the game a little better, you'll understand that a team's defense is adversely affected by interceptions thrown by it's quarterback. You know, Football 101, but I can tell that's going to take some time for you to comprehend this simple concept....

And the fact that you become so apoplectic when I dare mention this simple football axiom only further proves my point that you do not have the capabilities to discuss matters of this game objectively or intelligently.....

In your defense, you're just a fan and you're doing what fans do.....but if you don't mind, it's okay to be quiet when the grown ups are talking. If you're not careful, you may actually learn something and develop a greater understanding and appreciation for the game.

If you notice, people that support a player... don't point out when they DON'T do something bad.

I never heard anyone say- "well at least Fuller, didn't fall down on that play"

Wow, maybe you should start a thread entitled Jay Cutler Thread - positive comments only!!!! and let the rest of us, who actually have an understanding of the game and the QB position, analyze Jay's performance from the position of students of the game rather than lovesick worshipping fans, who believe in the infallibility of gridiron heroes... It's a little pathetic, but believe it or not, I was 9 once too.

Now, run along there, Skippy. Maybe when you grow up you can come sit at the big boy table and have something worth contributing, but now, you're out of you depths.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't just pick QBR. I also picked passer rating. Cutler had more yards per attempt, A higher TD% and lower INT%. He outplayed Rodgers in almost every statistical category in that game. Rodgers was lucky that his fumble got picked up by a teammate and taken for a TD, or the Packers would have lost.

I gave you the highlights so you could see Jays yards were a majority of YAC.

Rodgers brought that team back single handedly. They were so dominating they did not even bother to go for a two point conversion to tie the game with over 6 minutes left. Yeah, Rodgers was rusty in the first half after missing so many games with his broken collarbone that made some of cutlers numbers better, but second half wins games.

Doesnt matter, probably the biggest loss in current bear history and I am not gonna defend Rodgers anymore.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you the highlights so you could see Jays yards were a majority of YAC.
I'm a bit late to the game here and I'm not a Cutler fan, but YAC deserves to be included in QB stats, since he has a LOT to do with that. Put the ball where the receiver can catch and keep running is a very successful throw. Make the receiver stop or dive to make the catch, where he is likely to get downed right away and that should factor into the QB's stats as well. It's not a perfect system. But perfection is not an option.