• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaws on CK

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

ESPN's Ron Jaworski says Colin Kaepernick "has the ability" to be the best quarterback in the NFL.
Jaws is among the preeminent evaluators of NFL quarterbacks in the analyst game. He notes that Kaepernick has better accuracy than Cam Newton, more size than Robert Griffin III/Russell Wilson and more speed than Andrew Luck. His MLB-caliber pitching arm is as powerful as there is in the game. Jaws also believes Kaepernick will evolve into more of a pocket passer as time goes on, exposing him to less hits. Kaep is the odds-on favorite to win the MVP award in Sunday's Super Bowl at roughly 2-1.
Source: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/play...ffs-jaws-colin-kaepernick-qb-growth-potential
Jan 31 - 10:46 AM

I agree. I was stoked when we traded up for him because he had all the raw physical tools to be on a whole 'notha level. His wonderlic score was impressive too. Thank God for Harbaugh.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good was the 2011 draft? Aldon Smith, CK, Chris Culliver, Kendel Hunter, Daniel Kilgore, Bruce Miller (in the 7th!)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jaws was on MNF, he would also go on and on about how excited he was to see Tyler Palko..just sayin.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jaws was on MNF, he would also go on and on about how excited he was to see Tyler Palko..just sayin.

Yep; among others - Jaws, like all the others is just creating buzz. Say enough players are going to be great and you are bound to get it right at least once.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"call me crazy, but I’m really excited for Tyler Palko tonight.”

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Call me shocked. Not knowing much about Kap, I expected him to be another super-athletic, run first QB who was going to have a tough time in the NFL. But early in the season he came in late in the 2nd q and threw a 40 yard laser to VD I believe and that was a "Wow."

All Hail Harbs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me shocked. Not knowing much about Kap, I expected him to be another super-athletic, run first QB who was going to have a tough time in the NFL. But early in the season he came in late in the 2nd q and threw a 40 yard laser to VD I believe and that was a "Wow."

All Hail Harbs.

i'm scared he might knock james over on a wheel route

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ESPN's Ron Jaworski says Colin Kaepernick "has the ability" to be the best quarterback in the NFL.
Jaws is among the preeminent evaluators of NFL quarterbacks in the analyst game. He notes that Kaepernick has better accuracy than Cam Newton, more size than Robert Griffin III/Russell Wilson and more speed than Andrew Luck. His MLB-caliber pitching arm is as powerful as there is in the game. Jaws also believes Kaepernick will evolve into more of a pocket passer as time goes on, exposing him to less hits. Kaep is the odds-on favorite to win the MVP award in Sunday's Super Bowl at roughly 2-1.
Source: NFL Playoffs - Jaws - Colin Kaepernick's QB growth potential - ESPN

I agree. I was stoked when we traded up for him because he had all the raw physical tools to be on a whole 'notha level. His wonderlic score was impressive too. Thank God for Harbaugh.

agree, his continued success, long term success, will depend on his pocket passing? so far he's done good and no reason to think he'll get worse?

so whats left now is time to show consistency, into next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Source: NFL Playoffs - Jaws - Colin Kaepernick's QB growth potential - ESPN

I agree too. Its not difficult to see at all. He''ll be the Steve Young to Andrew Luck's Dan Marino.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

All Hail Harbs.

According to Jack Harbaugh, Jim thought Kap was the best player in the entire draft heading into that draft. Harbaugh is making Bill Walsh look like an amateur with his immediate perfection in so many aspects of the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Jack Harbaugh, Jim thought Kap was the best player in the entire draft heading into that draft. Harbaugh is making Bill Walsh look like an amateur with his immediate perfection in so many aspects of the game.

apparently, he liked Tolzien too. so MAYBE we already have a quality back up?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, he liked Tolzien too. so MAYBE we already have a quality back up?

i think tolzien can develop into a shaun hill type which would be a solid back up. but next year i'd like to grab a vet to back up kap just in case. then look at the draft to develop another young qb over the next 2-3 years.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure I believe that. Sounds like hindsight to me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think tolzien can develop into a shaun hill type which would be a solid back up. but next year i'd like to grab a vet to back up kap just in case. then look at the draft to develop another young qb over the next 2-3 years.

yeah ok, teams always have to look at their QB situation first.

since we anticipate Alex Smith to be gone, another vet is ok. even if we drafted someone, fine with me too.

Tolzien hasn't played but it would be his year three, so he wouldn't be THAT 'rookie-ish'?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I believe that. Sounds like hindsight to me.

If you think about it, not really. You figure that nobody was talking about Kaep in the 1st rd, so he knew he could get a pass rusher. Then as the top of the 2nd came up, once rumor hit that the Raiders may have wanted to draft him, the Niners traded up to get him. Makes sense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good was the 2011 draft? Aldon Smith, CK, Chris Culliver, Kendel Hunter, Daniel Kilgore, Bruce Miller (in the 7th!)

Chris Culliver? Just kidding. I don't have an opinion on him, I just am always hopeful that he and all our players play well. I'[m disappointed when they don't, regardless of what I think about them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep; among others - Jaws, like all the others is just creating buzz. Say enough players are going to be great and you are bound to get it right at least once.

Is he in Gruden's category? I don't think anyone but Gruden is. :)