• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaws on CK

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, he liked Tolzien too. so MAYBE we already have a quality back up?

i think tolzien can develop into a shaun hill type which would be a solid back up. but next year i'd like to grab a vet to back up kap just in case. then look at the draft to develop another young qb over the next 2-3 years.

I always thought Tolzien as a backup to Alex's style of football, with development being maybe somewhere between Alex and Kaep or below both if not developed. I think if Kaep was a slacker, after showing hard work in college, Tolzien would have been in for the Chicago game and Alex would be back for the New Orleans game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not sure I believe that. Sounds like hindsight to me.

Well he did draft him and they were fighting to trade up back into the first round and at the beginning of the second so it's clear they really wanted him.

And we are seeing first hand CK developing into what could be the most talented player from that draft.

I mean do that draft over right now and he likely doesn't get past the Bills at 3.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did draft him and they were fighting to trade up back into the first round and at the beginning of the second so it's clear they really wanted him.

And we are seeing first hand CK developing into what could be the most talented player from that draft.

I mean do that draft over right now and he likely doesn't get past the Bills at 3.

He looks like he could develop into the league's best QB. I just don't think Harbaugh even thought he would play this well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like he could develop into the league's best QB. I just don't think Harbaugh even thought he would play this well.

You don't draft a QB from a nothing school in the 2nd rd unless you believe he can play that well. If you mean that you don't think that Harbaugh even thought he would play this well THIS EARLY, that could be accurate.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He apparently told his dad that he felt Kaep was the best "PLAYER" in the draft. If that were the case, why'd they draft Aldon Smith in the first?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He apparently told his dad that he felt Kaep was the best "PLAYER" in the draft. If that were the case, why'd they draft Aldon Smith in the first?

You don't use a first round pick on a guy who's not going to be taken in the first round.

They traded up for him in the 2nd though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they'd be stupid to draft kap in the 1st, they might have been able to trade down and get kap imo, but qb's were going fast that year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'd be stupid to draft kap in the 1st, they might have been able to trade down and get kap imo, but qb's were going fast that year.

If Aldon hadn't worked out, I'd be upset we couldn't trade down from the 1st round to get Kaepernick in the second. Not sure if we could have moved down and still gotten Aldon, but that would've been too greedy and risky.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest he would've gone is 11th to Houston. They wanted him.

Thanks. I don't follow the draft much, but I knew there was interest, but not how far. JJ Watt and Aldon Smith? Man, they're already good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks. I don't follow the draft much, but I knew there was interest, but not how far. JJ Watt and Aldon Smith? Man, they're already good.

They would've taken Aldon instead of Watt if he were there.

That was one legendary top half of the draft. It's already produced 3 all-pro's, and I think Patrick Peterson will be all-pro' soon. And AJ Green & Julio Jones are already 2 of the top 3 WRs in the game IMO.

Not to mention Marcel Dereus; he could be one of the elite DLs in the AFC. Robert Quinn is a load too.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aldon hadn't worked out, I'd be upset we couldn't trade down from the 1st round to get Kaepernick in the second. Not sure if we could have moved down and still gotten Aldon, but that would've been too greedy and risky.

trade down to late 2nd to get kap, wasn't talking about the first.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would've taken Aldon instead of Watt if he were there.

That was one legendary top half of the draft. It's already produced 3 all-pro's, and I think Patrick Peterson will be all-pro' soon. And AJ Green & Julio Jones are already 2 of the top 3 WRs in the game IMO.

Not to mention Marcel Dereus; he could be one of the elite DLs in the AFC. Robert Quinn is a load too.

:doh: I didn't even think of that being in the same draft, and I can see that if it were different drafts, you wouldn't necessarily pick both, go for another position of need (not that they play the exact same or anything).

trade down to late 2nd to get kap, wasn't talking about the first.

Harbaugh got paranoid and that's a risk not willing to take. Consider whatever we get for Alex if we do trade as compensation for what we lost in not trading down to get Kaep. Not saying it's equal, just makes me feel better. I am sometimes greedy and will push a bit, sometimes when I can find a benefit in not being greedy or pushy, it relieves some of the urgency of acting quick or feeling I gave up too much. I never do it with money, though.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Value, because they knew teams weren't super high on Kaepernick so they probably counted on him lasting till the 2nd since I don't believe anyone had a 1st round grade on him.

But you had a big run on QBs with Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder going off the board quicker and higher then expected which shot up the value of guys like Dalton and Kaepernick.

Which is why they tried to trade back into the late 1st round and try to trade for the 1st pick of the 2nd round.