• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Janssen, Boulton, Pelley.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as I'm concerned, when Zajac comes back NONE of these guys should see the light of day again.

Was at tonight's game, and was unbelievably unimpressed.Cam played about 2 minutes (just checked it was 3.. herp de derp) CAN'T STAND HIM. Maybe if he could play like Avery and draw penalties that would be fine, but he's just awful.

The other issue I have is double shifting Ilya with the combination of Mills and Pelley. I didn't like it at all. Ilya played 29 minutes tonight and looked like he was playing 29 minutes. He was practically dead by the mid point of the third. If you're going to insist on playing him so freaking much, he has to be at least surrounded by players (IE Henrique, Clarkson, Zubrus, Tedenby WHOEVER YOU WANT WHO CAN SCORE) so there's an actual chance he can produce offensively. He was essentially grinding away with the 4th liners and it was obvious that it was affecting his regular shifts.

Now if you actually had a player who can accomplish something (IE ADAM HENRIQUE) on the ice, then you can do the double shift thing a few times and Kovy can play 23. But in asking him to play 30 damn minutes you're never getting the 100% Kovy at any one time. There were at least two instances where he was caught out there with the 4th liners and we almost got burned. Fortunately, Hedberg was able to make a glove save and get them off the ice.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Cam fan? lol :)

Did Henrique play last night? I didn't think i saw him out there.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't....and he's now in the AHL

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Having Cam on the team. That being said, his penalty was really bad and he shouldn't have been playing after it. Maybe he got too excited.

He's only playing 5-7 minutes a night so its not like he's taking away time from the top 9. He also brings a lot of energy when he's on the ice.

WTF happened to pelley though? He's no longer playing center and no longer on the PK. Why even have the guy if he's not doing what he's decent at. He doesn't bring anything else to the team.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Having Cam on the team. That being said, his penalty was really bad and he shouldn't have been playing after it. Maybe he got too excited.

He's only playing 5-7 minutes a night so its not like he's taking away time from the top 9. He also brings a lot of energy when he's on the ice.

WTF happened to pelley though? He's no longer playing center and no longer on the PK. Why even have the guy if he's not doing what he's decent at. He doesn't bring anything else to the team.

I wouldn't have as big of a problem with the choices for the 4th line, IF they were not going to double up Kovy on it. It's clearly tiring him out to grind away with them. If Deboer is going to play Kovy 25+ a night, you need to opt for the most offensive ability on that line, and that's not Pelley and Cam.

Furthermore, I can't believe they sent Henrique down whatever the reason is (3 games in 3 nights). He better be back up here on Monday morning.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's absolute criminal that cam is getting paid for 5mins a night. Listen I don't like it anymore then you but fighting is going away. You have a player in Clarkson thst drops the gloves if need be that should be about it.

Don't give me the excuse either we need him for a team like the flyers. If you put him out there against him they would skate circles around him. Probably taking a stupid penalty against a great team is never good.

Also don't want to hear it keeps other enforcers in check. When was the last time Parise or kovalchuk got hit by a dirty hit esp one from an enforcer?

I also have to think there is someone in Albany that can come up for one gsme and goon it up

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson got dropped by Simmonds in the first game... I love the fact that he will fight but him getting his ass kicked doesn't help anyone... I like Cam but just play him against the Rags, Pens and Flyers

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need both Boulton & Cam

Dont think Clarkson is the answer though. He;s certainly game but he aint scarin anyone off

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thing is though I don't think Simmons would fight cam. I wouldn't even want cam on the ice for against him. So if we roll him out against the rangers and he fights rupp what good comes from that

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't want to hear it keeps other enforcers in check. When was the last time Parise or kovalchuk got hit by a dirty hit esp one from an enforcer?

I also have to think there is someone in Albany that can come up for one gsme and goon it up

Enforcers and Goons are two different classes. Goons go for the dirty hits, enforcers go for the hard ones. Also, we had someone goon it up for 1 games, and we quickly got rid of him. Just the way I like it.

Clarkson got dropped by Simmonds in the first game... I love the fact that he will fight but him getting his ass kicked doesn't help anyone... I like Cam but just play him against the Rags, Pens and Flyers

According to Clakson, he asked Simmonds if he wanted to fight. Simmonds said no, then dropped the gloves. Dont know how true it is.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thing is though I don't think Simmons would fight cam. I wouldn't even want cam on the ice for against him. So if we roll him out against the rangers and he fights rupp what good comes from that

Simmonds is obviously a really talented young player. I doubt he'd fight an actual goon like Cam at all. Why would he eliminate himself from 5 minutes of a period. Cam and Simmonds is a great trade for the Devils. He'd be stupid to fight him.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The other thing is the whole concussion issue. You see what happened to sid. Now, I don't think Steckel meant to hurt Crosby but he knew he was there and wanted to get a piece of him on his way by. The sooner we get that mentality out of the game the better, IMO. The Devils don't have a ton of ferocious checkers, but when you watch Shanny's video of "clean hits" I think to myself, "hey that's exactly how the Devils check." Everyone is like that except Cam. I just don't want him anywhere near the ice. Against the Rags, why do we even need an enforcer. In that past all that did was allow Avery to put is in the box for free! Besides Henrik has our number and we need all the offense we can get to break him.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Rupp is certainly much better of anoffensive player than Rupp so It'd be a good tradeoff for us.

Dont even know who the rag$ have as an enforcer anymore. We needed a Cam or Boulton for the Jody Sheelyn type.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Prust isn't an enforcer but he is a tough player who can fight. Look I am not saying let's go back to the 70s but a fight is still something I hope will never leave the game.

Nobody is saying play Cam against the flyer top lines but when team is flat it's good to have a guy or line who will go out there and rattle things up (without taking a penalty). Haven't seen cam much this season but few years ago I remember him going out there and sparking up energy for the team. Maybe he regressed? Don't know yet.

And by the way the kings were going after Parise. Not necessarily goons but they did take extra effort to hit him. That one play he got clocked pretty good. He did draw a penalty.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I still get pissed thinking about how the team did nothing when Avery mocked Marty. In that case you take a misconduct. They lost the series anyway. Stevens or Kenny would have crushed that guy for doing that. Team can't be soft and go far.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play Cam against the top lines..... duh.. but if these guys start running around and pushing our players around it is nice to have take a shift and put a stop to it..... I'm not saying he is great or even needed but as a group our forwards are not a physical bunch and it's nice to have players who are not afraid to use the body or fists if needed

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils don't have a ton of ferocious checkers, but when you watch Shanny's video of "clean hits" I think to myself, "hey that's exactly how the Devils check." Everyone is like that except Cam.

Thats because we're awesome