• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- Soul 12 Draft Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live shot of one of my players forcing himself to get kicked off the team
bay punting GIF

Is that OB booting your dog off the bridge?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have these to share but it is fun to think back on them. Some of my fun memories (sarcastic)

Da'Rick Rogers kicked off Tennessee after I selected him with the first pick of the second round. Got the boot just a few days after the draft was over.

Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas- My keeper- Ruled out for the season right after the draft. Had a great year the year before.

Journey Brown, RB, Penn State- My first rd pick. Medically retired during covid due to a heart issue. At that point covid had wiped out so many players and all of that circus stuff that it just seemed natural. The season had started without Big 10 play and right when Big 10 play was ready to go it was announced.

Memory of this year losing my 1st and 9th round picks at the same position before the season started.

I've lost others like everyone else has but these are the big ones. I wouldn't even list Owens because I have lost higher draft picks but the memory of him and Baxter in the same season before it started will always be a bad memory. Not singling myself out here you just know how I like to talk about the history of this league. I can't remember everyone else but I remember a lot of it.

Guru had his first rd pick Darren Evans out for the season before it started. Q had Knile Davis. You had Laborn booted as a keeper before the season started.

The past 5 seasons I have had a player go out before the season started.. So I keep my streak alive. Can I do it again next year? The good thing is you can recover in Soul whereas NFL fantasy it is really hard. Always sad times though when you don't even get the players you draft for a week. Always hate when anyone doesn't even get a player for the start of their season.

I remember that one year Stevie lost James Conner and Malik Zaire week 1 of the season. Then again, hey.. At least he got to start them for one game. ;)

Terry Caulley the first ofy guy in s12 history.

My 3rd round pick

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Caulley the first ofy guy in s12 history.

My 3rd round pick

We have yet to have a #1 overall pick miss the entire season. So that will be a fun moment.

I count 4 first rd picks not counting Covid opt outs. (all RB's)

Maybe I need to just start drafting all WR's and QB's and save RB's for waivers. Splendid idea.

Darren Evans- Winsley's Warriors
Knile Davis- Heisman Hopefuls
Journey Brown- Asian Alley Cats
CJ Baxter- Asian Alley Cats

Can you think of anyone else?

I think there were a few other keepers then Williams and LaBorn but I don't feel like going back and checking right now.

I love the history of Soul 12. ;)

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have yet to have a #1 overall pick miss the entire season. So that will be a fun moment.

I count 4 first rd picks not counting Covid opt outs. (all RB's)

Maybe I need to just start drafting all WR's and QB's and save RB's for waivers. Splendid idea.

Darren Evans- Winsley's Warriors
Knile Davis- Heisman Hopefuls
Journey Brown- Asian Alley Cats
CJ Baxter- Asian Alley Cats

Can you think of anyone else?

I think there were a few other keepers then Williams and LaBorn but I don't feel like going back and checking right now.

I love the history of Soul 12. ;)
You want to keep your streak going......draft Arik Gilbert next year. He's always good for getting kicked off a team

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to keep your streak going......draft Arik Gilbert next year. He's always good for getting kicked off a team

Good idea but doubt he will be eligible as he will probably be in prison.

That sounds more like a Q draft pick. ;)

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea but doubt he will be eligible as he will probably be in prison.

That sounds more like a Q draft pick. ;)
I’m pretty sure he’s actually only played 1 season

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure he’s actually only played 1 season

Basically one season.

He had the FR year where he looked really good late in the year for LSU.

Then he set out so he could transfer to Florida, only to change his mind (I think Florida became concerned with him and pushed him away) and ended up at Georgia. Played their 3 games, sat out the rest of the season because of mental health. Left Georgia, went to Nebraska and then stuff got real crazy with him robbing a vape store twice just days apart from each other.

Sadly, appears to be some real mental issues going on with him. I remember when he left the Georgia football team they released a statement to please pray for him as he is going through some mental stuff right now... I hope he is getting the help he needs because his life sure spiraled fast.

I also have no idea where Demond Demas is at now. A WR from Texas A&M that I loved and drafted his first two years. He then left A&M, sat out a year, got in trouble, went to Garden City CC last year and then was suppose to go to Nebraska this year but he never made it there. I think maybe his grades weren't good enough. Probably wind up in indoor football next year. :(

Two great talents, wasted so far. Demas appeared to be on the right track and now his story has just vanished... Nobody knows what happened to his next chapter that was suppose to be Nebraska or Houston.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Q. You asked me for a list of my keepers through the years.

YEARNAMEPOSITIONCOLLEGE
2004NO KEEPERS
2005NO KEEPERS
2006Kyle WrightQBMiami
Lorenzo BookerRBFlorida State
2007Nate LongshoreQBCalifornia
Branden OreRBVirginia Tech
2008Kellen LewisQBIndiana
Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
2009Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
Dez BryantWROklahoma State
2010John BrantleyQBFlorida
Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
2011LaMichael JamesRBOregon
Joe AdamsWRArkansas
2012Joseph RandleRBOklahoma State
Keenan AllenWRCalifornia
2013JW WalshQBOklahoma State
TJ YeldonRBAlabama
2014Brett HundleyQBUCLA
TJ YeldonRBAlabama
2015Dak PrescottQBMississippi State
Jonathan WilliamsRBArkansas
2016Patrick MahomesQBTexas Tech
James WashingtonWROklahoma State
2017Nic ShimonekQBTexas Tech
2018Justin HerbertQBOregon
N'Keal HarryWRArizona State
2019Sam EhlingerQBTexas
Travis EtienneRBClemson
2020Sam EhlingerQBTexas
Travis EtienneRBClemson
2021Jayden de LauraQBWashington State
Jerrion EalyRBMississippi
2022Anthony RichardsonQBFlorida
Zach EvansRBMississippi
2023Drake MayeQBNorth Carolina
Trey BensonRBFlorida State
2024Ollie Gordon IIRBOklahoma State
Xavier RestrepoWRMiami (FL)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chris Bell spit inn Q's face today at practice. Tension brewing in Heisman Hopeful land. Cam Cook also got into a shouting match with Q saying this isn't how we did it last year.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chris Bell spit inn Q's face today at practice. Tension brewing in Heisman Hopeful land. Cam Cook also got into a shouting match with Q saying this isn't how we did it last year.
Went all Robby Alomar on him???!

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Q. You asked me for a list of my keepers through the years.

YEARNAMEPOSITIONCOLLEGE
2004NO KEEPERS
2005NO KEEPERS
2006Kyle WrightQBMiami
Lorenzo BookerRBFlorida State
2007Nate LongshoreQBCalifornia
Branden OreRBVirginia Tech
2008Kellen LewisQBIndiana
Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
2009Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
Dez BryantWROklahoma State
2010John BrantleyQBFlorida
Demarco MurrayRBOklahoma
2011LaMichael JamesRBOregon
Joe AdamsWRArkansas
2012Joseph RandleRBOklahoma State
Keenan AllenWRCalifornia
2013JW WalshQBOklahoma State
TJ YeldonRBAlabama
2014Brett HundleyQBUCLA
TJ YeldonRBAlabama
2015Dak PrescottQBMississippi State
Jonathan WilliamsRBArkansas
2016Patrick MahomesQBTexas Tech
2017Nic ShimonekQBTexas Tech
2018Justin HerbertQBOregon
N'Keal HarryWRArizona State
2019Sam EhlingerQBTexas
Travis EtienneRBClemson
2020Sam EhlingerQBTexas
Travis EtienneRBClemson
2021Jayden de LauraQBWashington State
Jerrion EalyRBMississippi
2022Anthony RichardsonQBFlorida
Zach EvansRBMississippi
2023Drake MayeQBNorth Carolina
Trey BensonRBFlorida State
2024Ollie Gordon IIRBOklahoma State
Xavier RestrepoWRMiami (FL)

Kyle Wright, John Brantley, Nate Longshore & JW Walsh make me feel a lot less bad about some of my keepers.

Kellen Lewis at least was good the year before even though he completely tanked the year you had him as a keeper, lol.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Wright, John Brantley, Nate Longshore & JW Walsh make me feel a lot less bad about some of my keepers.

Kellen Lewis at least was good the year before even though he completely tanked the year you had him as a keeper, lol.

I am impressed you recall this stuff. :)

Kyle Wright was an awful keeper and I knew that when I kept him. I literally had 3 keeper options our first year. Wright, Booker and Stuckey and I re-drafted Stuckey later on. I was very anti keeper at first but everyone in the league wanted to add keepers that year.. I ignored it and didn't worry about it and was left with the worst soul 12 keepers in history and won a championship that year. I used Wright once and Booker twice...

Brantley was another year where I didn't have many options and Tebow had just graduated from Florida and Brantley was suppose to run more, he turned out horrible. Hardly used him either and that was a bad year for me. Longshore was actually really good fantasy wise. Threw a ton, had DeSean Jackson.. I loved Longshore wish he had made it to the NFL.

Walsh wasn't real fun but I drafted Wes Lunt that year and Walsh as a safety gap incase Lunt shit the bed. He shit the bed and I had to keep Walsh. Walsh was decent but not great. Ran for TD's but not a good passer. Think he got hurt the year he was a keeper and was an ok play the year before due to his run ability. Not a great keeper, but not horrible.

Kellen Lewis was great when I had him and then had a horrible year after. Ran into some issues. Had a suspension or two and was just a mess after a great year the year I drafted him. So I got one solid year out of him at least and I at the time was considered a very good keeper.

One of my other worst keepers was Joe Adams. Just had no other options that year and I think he was about my 4th or 5th WR the year I had to keep him.

Other then Longshore, yeah that was pretty much my bad keeper list. I also didn't have a choice with most of those sadly and knew it going into the season so wasn't banking on them. Just put me behind to start.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adorable you think that’s a bad list…

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am impressed you recall this stuff. :)

Kyle Wright was an awful keeper and I knew that when I kept him. I literally had 3 keeper options our first year. Wright, Booker and Stuckey and I re-drafted Stuckey later on. I was very anti keeper at first but everyone in the league wanted to add keepers that year.. I ignored it and didn't worry about it and was left with the worst soul 12 keepers in history and won a championship that year. I used Wright once and Booker twice...

Brantley was another year where I didn't have many options and Tebow had just graduated from Florida and Brantley was suppose to run more, he turned out horrible. Hardly used him either and that was a bad year for me. Longshore was actually really good fantasy wise. Threw a ton, had DeSean Jackson.. I loved Longshore wish he had made it to the NFL.

Walsh wasn't real fun but I drafted Wes Lunt that year and Walsh as a safety gap incase Lunt shit the bed. He shit the bed and I had to keep Walsh. Walsh was decent but not great. Ran for TD's but not a good passer. Think he got hurt the year he was a keeper and was an ok play the year before due to his run ability. Not a great keeper, but not horrible.

Kellen Lewis was great when I had him and then had a horrible year after. Ran into some issues. Had a suspension or two and was just a mess after a great year the year I drafted him. So I got one solid year out of him at least and I at the time was considered a very good keeper.

One of my other worst keepers was Joe Adams. Just had no other options that year and I think he was about my 4th or 5th WR the year I had to keep him.

Other then Longshore, yeah that was pretty much my bad keeper list. I also didn't have a choice with most of those sadly and knew it going into the season so wasn't banking on them. Just put me behind to start.

Joe Adams had 652 Yards and 3 TDs that year you kept him lol. So yea, that's about the equivalent of what you could get in the later rounds of the draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief. I see Oklahoma WR Jayden Gibson is out for the year. I briefly considered him with one of my last few picks. Q and Omar will remember me talking about him a little bit before the end of the draft as a "Swing" pick.... What have I done to college players this year? I feel like Q, I am destroying them.