• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- Soul 12 Draft Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries so far

Carlos Hernandez foot (6 weeks)- Asian Alley Cats
CJ Baxter knee (season)- Asian Alley Cats
Rueben Owens knee (season) Asian Alley Cats

Looks like I drafted all the injured players this year.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries so far

Carlos Hernandez foot (6 weeks)- Asian Alley Cats
CJ Baxter knee (season)- Asian Alley Cats
Rueben Owens knee (season) Asian Alley Cats

Looks like I drafted all the injured players this year.

Yikes that sucks. The injury gods are against you this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes that sucks. The injury gods are against you this year.

It's the 4th year in a row I had a PS injury out for the season... However, the last two years when I had one I stayed healthy the rest of the year... The last time I didn't have one was the year I sucked and ended up with an injury filled season. So maybe this is a good sign for the rest of the year? Nah... It couldn't be. ;) I don't think I have ever had two out for the season before it started. And two picks in the first round. The good thing is I do have the other back for A&M in Le'Veon Moss so maybe it will make him better but it jus sucks to see players injured already. The players I had hurt the last two years weren't as significant either. Trevonte' Citizen and Donovan Green. I thought Green might be a potential big loss but after seeing the Wake offense last year it didn't seem too intriguing. ;)

Nothing sucks more then a a camp injury. If they happen during games so be it, still not a fun but I hate when players on my squad or anyone's squad or nobody's squad are out before the season begins.

I swear Q put a hit out on my players this year.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't Q have to give you his 1st and 9th round picks?

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will trade you Micah Bernard and Jaylon Glover for Xavier Restrepo and Jacolby George.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will trade you Micah Bernard and Jaylon Glover for Xavier Restrepo and Jacolby George.

I will pass. lol

However, I am hoping a hand full of my WR's click so that I might be able to make some type of move for a RB early in the season. We will see what happens. Not worried about that part of it. Just want to see players I like do well and I like seeing others in this league do well. Should be fun.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like it’s gonna be the year of ob

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is depressing watching people talk about the upcoming college football season and everytime they have to mention Baxter and Owens out for the season. Sad from a standpoint not all b/c of fantasy football but I was really excited to see these two play this year. Texas A&M was probably more of a RBBC and if anything it probably opens up more carries for Moss but I would rather have both playing this year from a personal standpoint, hate to see players hurt before the season even starts.

I've had my turn... Is Q next?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is really talking up @The Q this year. Very high on him. Think he is a soul 12 genius.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paper is reporting two good practices in a row for Mateer. Looking like he is getting the edge to start.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paper is reporting two good practices in a row for Mateer. Looking like he is getting the edge to start.

Good.

We can’t have OB just going wire to wire steamrolling absolutely everyone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Washington State might be getting a late transfer QB. Johnny Dwarf who is suppose to win the job

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is depressing watching people talk about the upcoming college football season and everytime they have to mention Baxter and Owens out for the season. Sad from a standpoint not all b/c of fantasy football but I was really excited to see these two play this year. Texas A&M was probably more of a RBBC and if anything it probably opens up more carries for Moss but I would rather have both playing this year from a personal standpoint, hate to see players hurt before the season even starts.

I've had my turn... Is Q next?

Any day now before someone on my team gets kicked off their team for doing some stupid shit.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any day now before someone on my team gets kicked off their team for doing some stupid shit.
Live shot of one of my players forcing himself to get kicked off the team
bay punting GIF

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have these to share but it is fun to think back on them. Some of my fun memories (sarcastic)

Da'Rick Rogers kicked off Tennessee after I selected him with the first pick of the second round. Got the boot just a few days after the draft was over.

Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas- My keeper- Ruled out for the season right after the draft. Had a great year the year before.

Journey Brown, RB, Penn State- My first rd pick. Medically retired during covid due to a heart issue. At that point covid had wiped out so many players and all of that circus stuff that it just seemed natural. The season had started without Big 10 play and right when Big 10 play was ready to go it was announced.

Memory of this year losing my 1st and 9th round picks at the same position before the season started.

I've lost others like everyone else has but these are the big ones. I wouldn't even list Owens because I have lost higher draft picks but the memory of him and Baxter in the same season before it started will always be a bad memory. Not singling myself out here you just know how I like to talk about the history of this league. I can't remember everyone else but I remember a lot of it.

Guru had his first rd pick Darren Evans out for the season before it started. Q had Knile Davis. You had Laborn booted as a keeper before the season started.

The past 5 seasons I have had a player go out before the season started.. So I keep my streak alive. Can I do it again next year? The good thing is you can recover in Soul whereas NFL fantasy it is really hard. Always sad times though when you don't even get the players you draft for a week. Always hate when anyone doesn't even get a player for the start of their season.

I remember that one year Stevie lost James Conner and Malik Zaire week 1 of the season. Then again, hey.. At least he got to start them for one game. ;)