• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Janoris Jenkins

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Re-visiting this...

This sounds much more like an indictment of Culliver than an endorsement of Jenkins. The weakest link on the team is Goodwin (and WR now that Mario & Kyle are out).

It was a much smaller sample size, but I'd give the edge to Cully. But like I said, it's hard to compare a nickel guy to a starter.

When did Atlanta exploit Cully?

Then

They're about to tomorrow if Goldson and Vic don't rescue him.

Bingo, how would you say Culliver did against the Falcons?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
culliver was solid. we eventually need someone that can replace rogers. either this year or next year in the draft (likely next year)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re-visiting this...

Then

Bingo, how would you say Culliver did against the Falcons?

They plan accordingly. They strategized perfectly preventing Cully to be on one-on-one situations with either of their top two receivers. As you saw from the game, our best cover corner (T. Busy) was assigned to cover Jones and Rogers was on White. Matty Melt tried to go deep with White several times during that game and Rogers was fighting him all along and defended those play perfectly. Normally, you'd see Rogers on the slot and Cully defending those long bombs with agressive/bigger receivers. But not in that game, Vic had indeed plan to use Cully in a different manner and he played an outstanding game for us in that role. He showed instincts - something he lacked all year long. Rather than speed, size, athleticism Culliver never brought anything to the table with the exception of this past game. He read the route and made a play onto the ball. That's what players like Jenkins bring to the game on every Sunday. Having the balls to and have confidence in your game to make a play. This game he played like an instinctual corner and not not like a simple athlete trying to play corner. I give him a round of applause for his performance :clap:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
culliver was solid. we eventually need someone that can replace rogers. either this year or next year in the draft (likely next year)

I am not totally convinced that he has the mental part / "instincts" down pack (trusting your eyes on the field). So I am holding my breath until I see more consistent plays like that. Not so much turnovers, it's hard to get ints, but I want to see the effort in staying on top of routes and jumping them when necessary. He thinks like a safety playing the corner position. I need him to change that mentality.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo culliver would be excellent in a cover 2. but he's still learning the position.