• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James White was the real MVP of the Super Bowl

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah White was the clear MVP gotta love the NFL :L

I knew no matter how well White played or how poorly Tommy played it was going to Tom. Pats fans will defend it to the death. Even if Tom seriously believes White deserved the award over him Pats fans just say he was displaying how humble he was. :L Wrong, he was using common sense. Majority of NFL fans outside of Pats fans agree that White was the true MVP.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew no matter how well White played or how poorly Tommy played it was going to Tom. Pats fans will defend it to the death. Even if Tom seriously believes White deserved the award over him Pats fans just say he was displaying how humble he was. :L Wrong, he was using common sense. Majority of NFL fans outside of Pats fans agree that White was the true MVP.
Its not the MVP anymore. More like most popular player. Common sense. The types of plays and YAC.Whites performance says all you need to know. Without White there is no come back imo

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the MVP anymore. More like most popular player. Common sense. The types of plays and YAC.Whites performance says all you need to know. Without White there is no come back imo

He played great and he really was simply the flavour of the day.

And the Pats seems to have more flavours than Baskin Robbins....

But only one guy serving it up.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man had a super bowl record 14 catches, 131 yards, 3 TD's and a 2 pt conversion. He had the game tying TD to send the game into overtime and the game winning TD in OT. Meanwhile Shady did his best to lose the game early with the pick six. He only had one TD that wasn't to James. So without white Brady had 0 TD's since the pick six takes cancels his other TD.

It feels like no matter how good White was or how bad Tom was, Tom was going to win the award if the Pats won.

Oh and fuck you Terry Bradshaw for Calling him James Lewis.

I thought and still think Brady's first Super Bowl MVP was complete bullshit. The Pats defense won that game that day and multiple Pats defenders, Ty Law and Richard Seymour come immediately to mind were more deserving than Brady. I thought Shane Vereen and moreso Julian Edelman could've been MVP instead of Brady when they beat Seattle. They both consistently made the first man miss and/or gained positive yards after initial contact. And imo out-physical-ed Seattle's back seven. Last Sunday's game though was all Brady. White had a great game, super bowl record performing kind of game, but so did Brady and he was more than worthy of the MVP.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought and still think Brady's first Super Bowl MVP was complete bullshit. The Pats defense won that game that day and multiple Pats defenders, Ty Law and Richard Seymour come immediately to mind were more deserving than Brady. I thought Shane Vereen and moreso Julian Edelman could've been MVP instead of Brady when they beat Seattle. They both consistently made the first man miss and/or gained positive yards after initial contact. And imo out-physical-ed Seattle's back seven. Last Sunday's game though was all Brady. White had a great game, super bowl record performing kind of game, but so did Brady and he was more than worthy of the MVP.

It should have been Butler in 49.

He had a huge play on Kearse down the sidelines where he hooked the arm just right, folks said Kearse dropped it but he didn't, it was the Butler!

Then he tripped up Lockette on a crosser that he got away with.

Then he had the commonsense to knock Kearse out of bounds after his miracle catch.

And then of course the big interception.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a huge play on Kearse down the sidelines where he hooked the arm just right, folks said Kearse dropped it but he didn't, it was the Butler!

Then he had the commonsense to knock Kearse out of bounds after his miracle catch.

Butler = Ty Law? I'm verklempt.

Oh, I'm trippin. You mean Malcolm Butler. Nah. Play of the game, sure. MVP. Nope.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you get that. You said Vereen or Edelman in SB 49.

I think Butler saved the day at least 3 times.

So he got away with a PI on one play, tripped a WR on another play who did or didn't have the ball? And pushed a WR out of bounds after he made a catch. As opposed to what? Letting him get up untouched and run into the end zone for a TD?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats blew a a a 14 pt lead in 4th Q

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats blew a a a 14 pt lead in 4th Q

Against the Rams? If so, it was an 11 point lead and the defense held a high powered offense TD-less for over 3 quarters and scored as many TDs that day as the Pats offense.

Regardless of that, with a ground game that came up with 25 rushes, 133 yards at 5.32 yards a pop. A QB going 16/27, 59.2%, 145 yards, 5.4 ypc, 1 TD, 86.2 QB rating isn't exactly the stuff of Super Bowl MVPism.......imho.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he got away with a PI on one play, tripped a WR on another play who did or didn't have the ball? And pushed a WR out of bounds after he made a catch. As opposed to what? Letting him get up untouched and run into the end zone for a TD?

Get real. The first one was perfectly timed, unlike Sherman on Jones a while back in Seattle. Watch the replay.

He got lucky on the trip of Lockette. Highly likely the one penalty he should have had.

Every other person in the world was astounded that Kearse made that catch and was standing there as stunned
as you come across. Butler had the smarts to get up and knock him out of bounds. Saving the TD.

I can understand being deliberately obtuse.

But are you blind too???

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get real. The first one was perfectly timed, unlike Sherman on Jones a while back in Seattle. Watch the replay.

He got lucky on the trip of Lockette. Highly likely the one penalty he should have had.

Every other person in the world was astounded that Kearse made that catch and was standing there as stunned
as you come across. Butler had the smarts to get up and knock him out of bounds. Saving the TD.

I can understand being deliberately obtuse.

But are you blind too???

I do have pretty shitty eyesight.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When your QB has over 300 yards 4td's 70% its tough

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to concur.

But I've watched that game 6 times? Minimum. I remember clearly.

I will likely watch LI at least that many times.

I don't blame you. I have the 3 Redskins Super Bowl wins on dvr right now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you. I have the 3 Redskins Super Bowl wins on dvr right now.

I have a Redskins freezer mug and a beauty of a beach towel.

Bought them due to the pressure put on Snyder to change it up.

I have lots of respect for Gibbs and his 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

And he took that to NASCAR.

He is a winner.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Redskins freezer mug and a beauty of a beach towel.

Bought them due to the pressure put on Snyder to change it up.

I have lots of respect for Gibbs and his 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

And he took that to NASCAR.

He is a winner.

Yeah, JG is a winner for sure.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consilation White received mad props by his team mates during the parade. About five players in a row, McCourty, Blount, Bolden I don't remember the others took the mike and were asking the crowd did they know who that was? The players would scream that's JAMES WHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEE, JAMES WHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEEE. Pretty cool. I'm sure he enjoyed hearing that from his team meant as much if not more than the MVP.

"ONE MORE" "WE WANT SIX"