• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Ihedigbo

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like i said in another thread, I don't really mind him, but he's getting up there in age and is definately not a permanant solution at that position. I would not mind signing Ihedigbo for a 2 yr deal, but also drafted Clinton-Dix in the 1st rd. On Pro Football Focus, Ihedigbo was ranked 16th in the NFL at safety in 2012. He was on about the same level as Glover Quin from a blitzing standpoint, putting him sixth in the league in that department. And against the run, only T.J. Ward was better. Against the pass, however, Ihedigbo was all the way down at 73rd in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here is a signing I'll shit on. This guy is a political activist first, and a football player 2nd. Plus, he's old and he sucks. 0 stars.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really mind it, YET. He's a decent stop gap, I just want to see what they do in the draft. I think im officially the driver of the Haha Clinton-Dix bandwagon now. That man can put a lick on people. Boy can he hit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really mind it, YET. He's a decent stop gap.

Agree. If he's a stop gap, back up, depth, whatever, just keep his mind on football and don't let him anywhere near a microphone.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here is a signing I'll shit on. This guy is a political activist first, and a football player 2nd. Plus, he's old and he sucks. 0 stars.

Wrong guy man. Get your former Ravens straight.

You're thinking of Brandon Ayabadejo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing- just like you guys said, he's a stop-gap guy, but he should be a good starter for two or three years, too, so he buys us some time at the position.

He was finally a full-time starter for the first time last year, and responded very well. He's very strong against the run, and graded out positively (per PFF) against the pass.

Good, low-cost signing, good teammate as well from what I understand...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's bad though. He was our worst safety in a secondary that at times included WR and special teamer Matt Slater.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's bad though. He was our worst safety in a secondary that at times included WR and special teamer Matt Slater.

That's just a product of playing in a poor defensive system. He thrived under our new D-coordinator in Baltimore last year. Just gotta know how to get the most out of players talents is all...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positions particularly lacking was complete lack of safety play at the point he was here, though. He was awful, just mindnumbingly awful, at every single skill a safety needs to not be a joke. If someone made him look passable they have to have a football IQ of 1000.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just a product of playing in a poor defensive system. He thrived under our new D-coordinator in Baltimore last year. Just gotta know how to get the most out of players talents is all...

Now that he is a Lion he's awesome.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, is this guy our new starting FS? I guess I don't hate it, but I'm surprised. I don't love it. PFF also said Dom Railola was the best C ever so I'm not sure about that source no matter how many Twitter experts keep throwing their names around.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he is a Lion he's awesome.

Of course he is awesome. If he wasn't the Lions wouldn't sign him. He actually wasn't that bad last year, but JDM is spot on about his year in NE -- he was absolutely terrible, playing 16 games and having exactly one pass defensed.

It is basically the kind of signing I expected the Lions to make for the defense after using the majority of the cap space for Tate. He is a plug in and play guy who is expendable after a year or two. I did read he is good character guy, so he should help out in the locker room.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is basically the kind of signing I expected the Lions to make for the defense after using the majority of the cap space for Tate.
My feelings exactly. This kind of signing should be depth. If it ends up that way fine, great, whatever, good deal. He's not Ed Reed and nobody thought he would be. Buy Im not holding my breath. We missed the boat on getting a starter in March, May could be different.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, is this guy our new starting FS? I guess I don't hate it, but I'm surprised. I don't love it.

He's our starting strong safety. Quin will be the free safety.

PFF also said Dom Railola was the best C ever so I'm not sure about that source no matter how many Twitter experts keep throwing their names around
Still sticking with that garbage, hey?

PFF rated him as the 2nd or 3rd best center in the league last season. It happened, time to deal with it. Trying do discredit their entire operation with childish hyperbole because their analytical assessment of a player doesn't mesh with your seat-of-the pants assessment of that same player seems kind of lame to me. In your defense it's not as if they watch every single play from the season and objectively assign an overall grade... oh wait, that's exactly what they do.

Some people would rather cover their ears and stomp their feet then change their opinion when presented with actual evidence...

Don't get me wrong, I think Dom is a dickhole, but I'm able to come to terms with the fact that he was one of the most effective players at his position last year (notice how I keep saying "last year" and not "ever"? There's actually quite the difference between the two...).

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he idea that he is replacing delmas? If so how do they compare based on last years performance?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not good or bad....I guess.:noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is awesome. If he wasn't the Lions wouldn't sign him. He actually wasn't that bad last year, but JDM is spot on about his year in NE -- he was absolutely terrible, playing 16 games and having exactly one pass defensed.

It is basically the kind of signing I expected the Lions to make for the defense after using the majority of the cap space for Tate. He is a plug in and play guy who is expendable after a year or two. I did read he is good character guy, so he should help out in the locker room.

Please elaborate on how you know this. I'm quite curious as to what insider information you have that the rest of us don't?

I saw the terms for the total amount and length of the deal, but I apparently missed out on the yearly salary structure. Maybe you have a link you could share with us?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he idea that he is replacing delmas? If so how do they compare based on last years performance?

Delmas had 64 tackles, 2 sacks, 8 passes defensed and 3 INTs last season.
Ihedigbo had 101 tackles, 0 sacks, 11 passes defensed and 3 INTs.

My take is that Ihedigbo is better against the run (he's a bit bigger than Delmas), but Delmas has more skills to make impact plays. Digs is less prone to turning himself into a human missile and missing the tackle entirely, though.

Delmas definitely has the higher ceiling of the two, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not good or bad....I guess.:noidea:

I think it's great. We get a low-cost starter who is in pretty much the same ball park as Delmas as far as production last season (see above), but he's also cheap enough and old enough that he won't stop us from taking a safety in the draft this year.

Not a flashy move, but he's a decent veteran starter on the cheap. Good two 0r three year stop-gap guy, imo. He'll also be a huge help to the rest of the secondary with the new terminology and assignments on defense.

Basically, we had a need, he filled it, but wasn't expensive enough as to prevent us from drafting his replacement in the draft...