• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Dolan tells Knicks fan to root for the nets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Knicks owner James Dolan to upset fan -- Root for Brooklyn Nets - ESPN New York

New York Knicks owner and Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan told a fan to "start rooting for the Nets because the Knicks don't want you" in a contentious email exchange.

"At one stage I thought that you did a wonderful thing when you acquired EVERYTHING from you dad. However, since then it has been ALL DOWN HILL. Your working with Isaiah Thomas & everything else regarding the Knicks. Brnging on Phil Jackson was a positive beginning, but lowballing Steve Kerr was a DISGRACE to the knicks. The bottom line is that you merely continued to interfere with the franchise," Irving Bierman wrote in an email addressed to Dolan.

In his response, Dolan called Bierman "a sad person."

"Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess," Dolan wrote. "What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you. Respectfully James Dolan."

:pound:

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got spanked!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw that on Deadspin too....

Dolan is reprehensible. Its hard for me to believe that a player would entrust their future to that guy as the owner- all though getting Phil definitely helps the PERCEPTION. We shall see if it ACTUALLY pays dividends.

but how awful for him to just totally alienate the fan base

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...calling a complete stranger an alcoholic...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious. what an idiot

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both look like idiots. The problem is... Dolan actually has something to lose by looking like an idiot.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a couple of people that are "in theknow" that say Dolan is a complete asshole. He'll fire people on the spot because he loses his cool, he has this he plays in that perform at company parties and everyone has to clap and pretend they're really good because he's the boss, the family pretty much gave him the Knicks as his play thing because they don't want him anywhere near the real businesses they run. He's your typical born on 3rd base thinks he hit a triple douche that doesn't quite grasp the concept of reality.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Knicks owner James Dolan to upset fan -- Root for Brooklyn Nets - ESPN New York

New York Knicks owner and Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan told a fan to "start rooting for the Nets because the Knicks don't want you" in a contentious email exchange.

"At one stage I thought that you did a wonderful thing when you acquired EVERYTHING from you dad. However, since then it has been ALL DOWN HILL. Your working with Isaiah Thomas & everything else regarding the Knicks. Brnging on Phil Jackson was a positive beginning, but lowballing Steve Kerr was a DISGRACE to the knicks. The bottom line is that you merely continued to interfere with the franchise," Irving Bierman wrote in an email addressed to Dolan.

In his response, Dolan called Bierman "a sad person."

"Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess," Dolan wrote. "What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you. Respectfully James Dolan."

:pound:

I think Dolan's 21 years of sobriety may have ended with that e-mail. Classic "drunk e-mail" he made in response.

At least he signed the e-mail "respectfully, James Dolan".:lol:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both look like idiots. The problem is... Dolan actually has something to lose by looking like an idiot.

I didn't think the fans letter was that bad. we see much worse on twitter every day.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is the worst owner in sports. The Rangers have been ok the last 3 years but missed the playoffs the first 5 years he was in charge. We've all seen what the nicks have been like the last 15 years. Most Knicks and Ranger fans would call him a doche b that woul be a terrible thing to say about a douche. At least a douche has a purpose

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the fans letter was that bad. we see much worse on twitter every day.

From owners? It's one thing for fans or even players to tweet that kind of stuff. But an owner? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety.

Is it a coincidence that is about the last time the Knicks were relevant? Maybe it is time he went back to the bottle....for the fans.:suds::drink::martini::wacko:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a tard. If you can't take ribbing from the fans, especially when your team is garbage, maybe this isn't the job for you. Noob

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a tard. If you can't take ribbing from the fans, especially when your team is garbage, maybe this isn't the job for you. Noob

Wurd...maybe a couple of years posting on internet forums would help toughen his skin up for this kind of thing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what it was about that particular e-mail that set him off. I mean, with as bad as the Knicks have been for as many years as they have been, this can't be the first or even worst of these kinds of e-mails that he's received.

Heck, Spike Lee has probably said worse right to his face.:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player jaws at a fan in the stands, gets a big fine.

An owner sends an email eviscerating a fan and libelously calling him an alcoholic, nothing from the NBA offices.

Something is not right there IMO.