• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Adams

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be wiling to trade for Adams? He is the best safety in the NFL!
Would you give up Ertz, and next year's #1 pick? Keep in mind that Ertz will command a new contract after next season, and it will be somewhere in the vicinity of $15-20M. I would, since we have Godert, who is the better blocker, younger, and will be a faster, better, RAC TE. We can draft a backup TE next year. We can't sem to draft worth a darn anyway, as it showed once again this year. A good GM would have traded a !st and 2nd pick to get CeeDee Lamb, and get a CB in the 3rd. Intead Dallas gets Lamb, Diggs, and the replacement for Center, Fredrickson. We stood pat and let CeeDee fall to Dallas. We traded for Slay, who is good, but getting older, and we lost Jenkins, and relaced him with Jalen Mills! Really? The time is now, and Lurie better get involved in this.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Ertz but I would not add a #1 pick. Adams will break the bank so it makes no sense given the Eagles Cap situation.
I would package Barnett, a player and a 3rd for Yannick. (Depending on the 2nd player).
The media is making it seem as though the Eagles are a player for Adams because they have nothing else to report. I call Bullshit!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do what it takes to get Adams. He would mean a lot to this defense for the next five years. A bunch of older veterans come off the books in the next few years. Build the future defense around Adams and Hargrave.

Not that I want to because DL depth is huge, but maybe you could send Malik Jackson in a package with some picks. Sidney Jones maybe.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that the Jets want young players, so I doubt that Malik won't be attractive, but Jones may be, plus Rashard, and multiple picks, without giving up a 1st rounder, but if we have to give up a 1st, then so be it.We suck at drafting in most cases. We'll see. It's time for Howie to stop dorking around, and go for a stud. If we don't give up a good package, watch Dallas get it done. Tryingot give up garbage usually won't do anything. Jerrah says - "screw the picks", we want star players. They have a very big need for a top safety. I'm with ya E-Nut.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that the Jets want young players, so I doubt that Malik won't be attractive, but Jones may be, plus Rashard, and multiple picks, without giving up a 1st rounder, but if we have to give up a 1st, then so be it.We suck at drafting in most cases. We'll see. It's time for Howie to stop dorking around, and go for a stud. If we don't give up a good package, watch Dallas get it done. Tryingot give up garbage usually won't do anything. Jerrah says - "screw the picks", we want star players. They have a very big need for a top safety. I'm with ya E-Nut.
I'd give up #32, but I'm not sure what else.

I'd probably be drafting a safety next year anyway.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if is not a top ten (which would be a disaster), the chances are slim we can get a safety of Adam's caliber.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if is not a top ten (which would be a disaster), the chances are slim we can get a safety of Adam's caliber.
That's what I'm saying. The first is easy to rationalize in a trade.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got no issue with trading a first, or even Ertz.

The challenge as I see it is next years cap. Now, if you could work it out where his cap hit this year and certainly next is not higher than Ertz you might have something to talk about.

But, remember, next years cap was going to possibly be massaged by restructuring Ertz (if he’s still on the books).

I’m almost certain Adams and his agent don’t want to go into any situation where the money is, or will be tight at any point. Especially if there is other situations where money isn’t tight.

I have no qualms with player and draft capital it would take to get him. But financial realities....I can’t see getting past that.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fuel to the fire:

Talking through the Eagles’ potential trade for Jamal Adams

Tell you this, somebody will pony up and make a del with the Jets, and if it's Dallas, well, just kiss this divion to the Cowpukes, and they may well get into the SB. Let that sink in to you! So, if it means parting with Ertz, Jeffrey (if Douglas wants him and his big contract), Mills, Jones, plus our 1st in 2021 + other mid round picks = I'm still all in.
Comments?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fuel to the fire:

Tell you this, somebody will pony up and make a del with the Jets, and if it's Dallas, well, just kiss this divion to the Cowpukes, and they may well get into the SB. Let that sink in to you! So, if it means parting with Ertz, Jeffrey (if Douglas wants him and his big contract), Mills, Jones, plus our 1st in 2021 + other mid round picks = I'm still all in.
Comments?
Not giving up Ertz. That's a terrible thing to do to the offense and Wentz. #1 target and there's a huge drop off from Goedert to the 3rd TE.

I'd give up most other things that don't subtract from this year's Super Bowl run. A 2021 1st and 3rd and a DB, any of the linebackers or backup OL, Jeffrey...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money-wise an Ertz/Adams trade can work. Even with Ertz's dead money of over 13 mil, it saves us over 2 mil this year to have Adams over Ertz. We can keep Adams at his number this year and start his new contract a year early in 2021 where his cap hit would be structured super low. 2021 is where we are 50 mil over the cap and with the cap likely being lowered due to COVID when it's all said and done we would be that much more in the hole. Having Ertz off the books to start 2021 combined with Adams' low first year contract # to go along with over 20 mil in space forwarded from this year .... and boom, salary cap problem in 2021 becomes much more manageable. We all love Ertz, but this would give us a young prime time player in the 2ndary and immense cap relief in 2021. We have a great replacement at TE in Goedert and Josh Perkins can continue to develop as a decent receiving backup behind Goedert.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money-wise an Ertz/Adams trade can work. Even with Ertz's dead money of over 13 mil, it saves us over 2 mil this year to have Adams over Ertz. We can keep Adams at his number this year and start his new contract a year early in 2021 where his cap hit would be structured super low. 2021 is where we are 50 mil over the cap and with the cap likely being lowered due to COVID when it's all said and done we would be that much more in the hole. Having Ertz off the books to start 2021 combined with Adams' low first year contract # to go along with over 20 mil in space forwarded from this year .... and boom, salary cap problem in 2021 becomes much more manageable. We all love Ertz, but this would give us a young prime time player in the 2ndary and immense cap relief in 2021. We have a great replacement at TE in Goedert and Josh Perkins can continue to develop as a decent receiving backup behind Goedert.

I was wondering where you were @Rey! Lol

Now that is not a way I was thinking about this, but damnit this makes so much sense now. The lower 2021 first year number from Adams would be huge to get through that year.

So now it would be the question of whether to lose Ertz or not. And I get the argument both ways. But to me it’s a question of playing in 35-32 games or 27- 14 games. We would be weakening a likely strong offense to make the defense stronger. Balance would be better achieved through this. Addition by subtraction. I could get behind this idea now.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word = Dallas is on the trail for Adams. Tell you this - if Dallas gets him, they are gong to the SB!

HOWIE - quit screwing around, we are falling way behind Dallas as a team.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to get rid of Ertz. I know Adams is a talented player but there is a reason a team that is rebuilding is getting rid of him. If Dallas gets him they are not a lock to win the division of the Super Bowl.

I do not want to subtract from our offense to add to our defense. I do not fear the Cowboy roster. They look good on paper but when everything was on the line they couldn't beat us with practice squad players.

The Jets have been trying to trade him for a while now and the asking price is probably still too high. He is a luxury item and if the prices comes down we should be interested.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to get rid of Ertz. I know Adams is a talented player but there is a reason a team that is rebuilding is getting rid of him. If Dallas gets him they are not a lock to win the division of the Super Bowl.

I do not want to subtract from our offense to add to our defense. I do not fear the Cowboy roster. They look good on paper but when everything was on the line they couldn't beat us with practice squad players.

The Jets have been trying to trade him for a while now and the asking price is probably still too high. He is a luxury item and if the prices comes down we should be interested.

Good feedback. I think the crux of your feelings on this best sums up in bolded line above. You don’t see a need to weaken a strong offense to make the defense stronger. And I can respect that. I disagree with it, but I can respect it. Because it’s all gamble.

I don’t like having bitchy players. I often see a guy making hell for a team to trade him and don’t want that on my team. But I also have to admit there have been scenarios like this that I have seen work out. We really can’t say if Adams’ push is because he’s a dick and a cancer or just pertains to the situation with the Jets. It’s the Jets....I could see it either way.

Bottom line is I think he ends up headed to Dallas because it’s where he wants to go. But if there is any turbulence in making this move Howie should be ready to move too. Being that there is more than one team likely involved (and possibly division rivals) the luxury premium won’t come down.

Based on that I would like to nab him from the Cowboys. Doing that would be like two wins. But, if not, I’m not greatly more scared of the Cowboys on paper.

In the words of another former Eagles secondary player....”That’s why...you play...the game”. Point being that you always play to win the game, but you don’t always win the game.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. I think adding a player like Slay is going to make our secondary much better. I am sure the Eagles have done their homework and know if he fits. If the pull the trigger I will be fine with it. I just don't want to give up a player like Ertz.

I wouldn't want to play for the Jets either. :D

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good write up on the subject here.

I found some interesting points that he made, like missing Jenkins more than we think, even if he is on the decline....we don’t have a great fallback option currently.

The potential of league revenue going down has to be paralyzing to a guy like Howie. It’s a gamble. Hold what chips you have and wait for a sunny day, or bet on it not raining at all?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cap mystery for next year will keep this from happening.
Howie could give up one of the TE's and corners that could help but reality is what is Adams going to demand contact wise down the road?

And for the record Dallas can't afford to pay their starting QB now what makes you think Jerry is going to pony up on a big name safety!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cap mystery for next year will keep this from happening.
Howie could give up one of the TE's and corners that could help but reality is what is Adams going to demand contact wise down the road?

And for the record Dallas can't afford to pay their starting QB now what makes you think Jerry is going to pony up on a big name safety!

Its a fair point. The questions around what cap will actually be in the coming years is a scary one. Though I think someone like Howie has some ideas on how that will be handled between the league and union in such a case. You can’t just drop salary cap super drastically against the deals already in place. The with