• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Long

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates? Preliminary prognosis is a torn ACL. If so, this is a HUGE loss for us. Any updates will be greatly appreciated. :L

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word as of yet. Who knows. At least it's at the end of the season....

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting bit i heard on the radio on Longs contract. if he's on the active roster at the end of the season i believe he's guaranteed around 8 million next year. but if he's put on IR this week the Rams would be only on the hook for 4 million next year if they cut him, and nothing guaranteed after.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jakee is pretty much done. They should re-sign Saffold at left tackle, go after one of the OL in the draft and call it a wash!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Retro. Bad luck for Jake, but he isn't getting any healthier with age.

A trade down is now a must to pick up extra picks for OL starters and depth. Like I said on another thread, do not take the health of our O-line for granted!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jakee is pretty much done. They should re-sign Saffold at left tackle, go after one of the OL in the draft and call it a wash!

Saffold is much more valuable to the team as a guard. Convincing him to stay there might be the challenge, though. Thanks to the Redskins, we have the option to go after Jake Matthews, or another blue-chip tackle, should we decide to go that route.

Long's injury is going to shake up the Rams' big board, for sure. Because it happened so late in the season, you can pretty much scratch Long from the roster through the lion's share of 2014, if not all of it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Saffold is a FA and might be the best FA linemen out there. Which means someone will pay him I don't see the rams paying big when they have cap issues and with his staying healthy on the field issues. I would still trade down to the 4-6 range hopefully with the Browns. Go Mack,Barr, Watkins with the first then go Tackle maybe OT Lewan with the 2nd 1st. then go BPA with the Browns other first. Then Get another lineman in the draft. We still have Barksdale at RT.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher will NOT draft an OL, so we can put that discussion to rest. He'll build the OL through FA and what we have on our current roster. Jake Long will be back around mid-season, so that theory can be put to rest as well. We either get Anthony Barr or Sammy Watkins with our early pick (which I think we'll trade down to either 5 or further for more picks) and a safety with our other mid round selection, that is unless of course we land either Byrd or Ward. Send Cortland Finegan's ars to the highest bidder ASAP and open up some cap space and another pick, that is if anyone wants him!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher will NOT draft an OL, so we can put that discussion to rest. He'll build the OL through FA and what we have on our current roster. Jake Long will be back around mid-season, so that theory can be put to rest as well. We either get Anthony Barr or Sammy Watkins with our early pick (which I think we'll trade down to either 5 or further for more picks) and a safety with our other mid round selection, that is unless of course we land either Byrd or Ward. Send Cortland Finegan's ars to the highest bidder ASAP and open up some cap space and another pick, that is if anyone wants him!

i would rather build the O line In FA too. but it depends on the cap space.. it might be a lot cheaper drafting a tackle then getting one in FA. Fisher never had to draft linemen in Tennessee because it was all ready built i believe. and don't forget he has ties with the Matthews family. If he doesn't draft Matthews your right he never will draft oline lol.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Jeff Fisher said, "not being a skill position player usually makes it a faster return than say a WR or RB" Of course im paraphrasing

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he may have to change his strategy this year especially.

Last edited by a moderator:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we can convince Roger to stay and play OG if he can play OT when injuries occur?

And whats Barksdale's deal? I've heard good things but can he play in the inside as well? (Have him or Rodger play for Long until Long comes back and then move back inside, while having a 1st round rookie play the other tackle)

If we can pull all that off and grab Watkins with our early pick, all of a sudden our offense is looking fairly strong!

I still have hope for Jones, who I think one day could be that other OG or even the center (which I guess could be more ideal and a better spot for him)

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much certain that we will draft Jake Mathews after this. Didn't Long only sign a 2 year deal anyways?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just would rather them go tackle with the second 1st rd pick or better yet the 2nd rd pick. looks to be a good draft for tackles and a few good guards as well. i guess it will come down if they resign Saffold or not. if they do no reason to go tackle in the first rd. Barksdale is under contract so saffold could play LF tackle till Long gets back.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just would rather them go tackle with the second 1st rd pick or better yet the 2nd rd pick. looks to be a good draft for tackles and a few good guards as well. i guess it will come down if they resign Saffold or not. if they do no reason to go tackle in the first rd. Barksdale is under contract so saffold could play LF tackle till Long gets back.

They're saying he should be back at the beginning of nxt year. I don't know why everyone is convinced he'll be out until mid next season. if he was a running back or WR I would agree but he's a tackle.

i agree tho that we shouldn't waste one of our 1st picks on a tackle or linemen I'd go playmaker then get people to fill the trenches in 2nd or 3rd rounds