• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jags

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like whenever I say that very thing, its seen as being a Dak hater. I think the Cowboys totally boned up his negotiations, ended up costing themselves a lot of money per season. I just don't think you're going to win a Super Bowl with him unless you also have the best team around him. We had that team earlier in the season, but at this point, with all the injuries(which are always gonna happen), the defense is only a shell of what it was. I think anyone who watched that game would have to admit Lawrence is a better QB than Dak at this point
well I disagree with you on the negotiations thing. He is a franchise QB & all good solid QBs are gonna get paid. We cant just recycle rookie QB contracts, while paying everyone else. As good as that sounds. Just not realistic.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It may be a blessing in disguise. Who knows. With the division being off the table, perhaps we can test guys.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant just point a finger at Dak. Where was the defense in the 2nd half? Lot of injuries on defense. If Cowboys clinch a playoff berth they may as well rest some players. Maybe they do need a player like OBJ to take pressure off Lamb.

I still cant give Dak a pass. Those picks were terrible. It like watching the Romo years all over again

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change QB and coach next year and our problems are as good as solved. The last 25 years tells us this.
We will still have a good team with the same coach and QB. Just not a SB caliber team. Straight up, in 2 years do you want to give Dak $50 million when his deal comes due? Understanding that Pollard, Lamb, Diggs, Steele, and Micah are all going to be in line for enormous raise from rookie deals to top 5 or beat at their position pay? And knowing that Zeke, Shultz and Tyron will all likely be gone already? I would rather keep all those guys and get picks for Dak in a couple of years and build around a young QB with one of the best rosters in the NFL around him(as we did once with Dak when the Cowboys chose him over Romo). If you want to pay Dak top of the league QB money then thats great, just tell me which 2 of Pollard, Lamb, Diggs and Micah we are going to part with to make that happen

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like whenever I say that very thing, its seen as being a Dak hater. I think the Cowboys totally boned up his negotiations, ended up costing themselves a lot of money per season. I just don't think you're going to win a Super Bowl with him unless you also have the best team around him. We had that team earlier in the season, but at this point, with all the injuries(which are always gonna happen), the defense is only a shell of what it was. I think anyone who watched that game would have to admit Lawrence is a better QB than Dak at this point

Dak was so good today for the most part. He stayed within himself and took the check downs and moved the chains. The first INT was totally on him. He took a sack to put us in terrible field position. Honestly i said please dont run this on 2nd and 18. I wish we would have ran it now. Dak has to learn to throw the ball away. I know he wants 70 percent , but i watch Mahomes throw 5-7 balls away every week. The second INT should have been caught but it could have been a better throw. He kind of threw across his body. Scored 34 though. Our defense is hurting.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant just point a finger at Dak. Where was the defense in the 2nd half? Lot of injuries on defense. If Cowboys clinch a playoff berth they may as well rest some players. Maybe they do need a player like OBJ to take pressure off Lamb.

I still cant give Dak a pass. Those picks were terrible. It like watching the Romo years all over again
Everyone needs to stop with this OBJ bullshit. Fuck that guy!

The end!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I disagree with you on the negotiations thing. He is a franchise QB & all good solid QBs are gonna get paid. We cant just recycle rookie QB contracts, while paying everyone else. As good as that sounds. Just not realistic.
Look at all those top 5 bust qbs the Browns have drated over the decades. It got them nowhere..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you and PDay are saying may well be right, if your goal is to be a good team but not a Super Bowl team. I think if the last 30 years have proven anything, its that there are really 2 models that win the Super Bowl in the NFL. Either you have an Elite QB, like Mahomes, Brady, Manning, etc. Or you have a great team built around young QB that is not making franchise money yet. There are exceptions, like the Rams last year who mortgaged their future for a SB, and are now a terrible team for about the next 5 years to come. Otherwise it takes a great QB or a great team. The Chiefs have a great QB and still had to let go of Tyreek Hill. Dak is a good player, but when we start losing Diggs or Parsons on D and Pollard or Lamb on offense, its gonna be a long road

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pick in our own end of the field right after Jacksonville scored turned the game, plain and simple.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you and PDay are saying may well be right, if your goal is to be a good team but not a Super Bowl team. I think if the last 30 years have proven anything, its that there are really 2 models that win the Super Bowl in the NFL. Either you have an Elite QB, like Mahomes, Brady, Manning, etc. Or you have a great team built around young QB that is not making franchise money yet. There are exceptions, like the Rams last year who mortgaged their future for a SB, and are now a terrible team for about the next 5 years to come. Otherwise it takes a great QB or a great team. The Chiefs have a great QB and still had to let go of Tyreek Hill. Dak is a good player, but when we start losing Diggs or Parsons on D and Pollard or Lamb on offense, its gonna be a long road
yeah. Lots of ways to get there. Injuries will always play apart of a superbowl championship.
Perfect world is we have a good enough team while a Good QB is on the rookie contract. (with good coaching) But once the window goes away we arent gonna shit can our good QB to draft another one. I am not gonna complain we signed Dak. That was the right move for where we were at.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. You are agreeing with me.
Drafting a new QB when you have a good one isnt a sound strategy.
Depends on who the QB is. The one we played today would do pretty well with this team around him.
Dak is a good player man, and we have a solid team. Just no way we are winning a Super Bowl. Reactionary or not, that's a fact

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change QB and coach next year and our problems are as good as solved. The last 25 years tells us this.
Not saying that Pday.
I am just tired of watching Cowboys teams that should win games play down to the competition. Make stupid mistakes at the worst possible time over and over. At what point Why can’t we call it like it is a combination of questionable coaching decisions, not the right combination of players and management and demand better. We can’t change management we can only hope the combination of better coaching and some better players might change the outcome 1 year and get us another Lombardi.
The way it looks now I’m not exactly seeing the yellow brick road to that goal. While we are not completely in the weeds we are not exactly driving a new corvette on fresh cured concrete highway either.
JMHO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who the QB is. The one we played today would do pretty well with this team around him.
Dak is a good player man, and we have a solid team. Just no way we are winning a Super Bowl. Reactionary or not, that's a fact
thats the point.
Drafting QBs is no guarantee & actually more often than not doesnt work out.
Dak was a 3rd rd pick for us. Before that Romo was undrafted.
you would have to go all the way back to 89 or whatever it was when we had a 1st rd. QB worth a shit.
We were never gonna be bad enough to draft #1. If there was a QB of the cant miss stature. So I am talking realistically in our scenario. Everyone should have wanted Dak resigned. If someone complains now about it. It is just sour grapes because as a team we have fallen short.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. Lots of ways to get there. Injuries will always play apart of a superbowl championship.
Perfect world is we have a good enough team while a Good QB is on the rookie contract. (with good coaching) But once the window goes away we arent gonna shit can our good QB to draft another one. I am not gonna complain we signed Dak. That was the right move for where we were at.
I agree. But they should have signed him a year or two before and gotten a $32-33 million deal instead of 40+. But now, they have done a great job at drafting and the bills are coming due soon. Parting with Cooper and Collins is one thing. Parting with some of the players we will have to with a $50 million is another

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the point.
Drafting QBs is no guarantee & actually more often than not doesnt work out.
Dak was a 3rd rd pick for us. Before that Romo was undrafted.
you would have to go all the way back to 89 or whatever it was when we had a 1st rd. QB worth a shit.
We were never gonna be bad enough to draft #1. If there was a QB of the cant miss stature. So I am talking realistically in our scenario. Everyone should have wanted Dak resigned. If someone complains now about it. It is just sour grapes because as a team we have fallen short.
Not sour grapes. Just an opinion. From the time he was paid, I have lobbied every draft for them to draft QB's to develop. You don't have to throw all your marbles down on drafting someone in the first round at the same moment you cut your starter. That would be the stupidest thing ever. But just like when Romo was here, that's never gonna happen. What would Jimmy Johnson have done? He would have taken a QB even when he had Aikman and then either had a QB in reserve or landed a draft haul for him

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But they should have signed him a year or two before and gotten a $32-33 million deal instead of 40+. But now, they have done a great job at drafting and the bills are coming due soon. Parting with Cooper and Collins is one thing. Parting with some of the players we will have to with a $50 million is another
well I disagree there too.
but that is another conversation that would probably go back & forth for awhile.
If we followed suit with the Wentz time period we would be forced to pay Dak again already or start over.
Instead he completely played out his cheap rookie contract & one on the tag. By the time we signed him long term. Wentz was already off the team he signed his extension with. Ultimately we saved money doing it the way we did. & still hve him sign through 2024 before either resigning for whatever crazy amount QB get paid at that time or start again. Long term vision this was the best scenario.
BTW. His cap hit is only 19.7 mil this year. He is not a reason why dont have others on this team if that is your worry.
We are actually looking good cap wise going into next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I disagree there too.
but that is another conversation that would probably go back & forth for awhile.
If we followed suit with the Wentz time period we would be forced to pay Dak again already or start over.
Instead he completely played out his cheap rookie contract & one on the tag. By the time we signed him long term. Wentz was already off the team he signed his extension with. Ultimately we saved money doing it the way we did. & still hve him sign through 2024 before either resigning for whatever crazy amount QB get paid at that time or start again. Long term vision this was the best scenario.
BTW. His cap hit is only 19.7 mil this year. He is not a reason why dont have others on this team if that is your worry.
We are actually looking good cap wise going into next year.
After parting ways with multiple veterans we could have used. But we have drafted fantastic to cover that up. So play along just for fun. Pick 3 players from Shultz, Steele, Pollard, Lamb, Parsons, and Diggs that we part ways with over the next couple of years, because all 6 are going to want franchise level money. Tell me which 3 you would part with

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After parting ways with multiple veterans we could have used. But we have drafted fantastic to cover that up. So play along just for fun. Pick 3 players from Shultz, Steele, Pollard, Lamb, Parsons, and Diggs that we part ways with over the next couple of years, because all 6 are going to want franchise level money. Tell me which 3 you would part with
well Like I sad. This could be a long convo back & forth. Its cool if we disagree. on this.
the 2 players I dont expect to see next year is Schultz & Tyron Smith. We have favorable contracts & all QB contracts are built in for altering late for cap space. Not Daks, but all of them. We will have plenty of cap maneuverability to keep who we want. Not all on your list is due in the same year.
but also if we end up having to lose players because we drafted so well & they are all due at same time. (like Seattle back in the day) That is a good problem to have & not the QBs fault.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Like I sad. This could be a long convo back & forth. Its cool if we disagree. on this.
the 2 players I dont expect to see next year is Schultz & Tyron Smith. We have favorable contracts & all QB contracts are built in for altering late for cap space. Not Daks, but all of them. We will have plenty of cap maneuverability to keep who we want. Not all on your list is due in the same year.
but also if we end up having to lose players because we drafted so well & they are all due at same time. (like Seattle back in the day) That is a good problem to have & not the QBs fault.
I agree Brother. Like most on this board, we have all been watching the Cowboys for decades. I think today's game was tough to take not only because it's a game we could have easily won, but it showed up holes in the team that are going to be hard to mask.
In Dak's defense, he played fine till he started trying to do too much. He wouldn't have had to have done that if the D weren't getting gouged. Joseph, no pass rush, and a run defense without Hankins and LVE and this is suddenly a defense that went from talking all time great to suddenly giving up 30 to a 5-8 team in less than a half