• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jags predictions

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams shut down the run as much as possible. Jones Drew is scarier than Benson, but the Bengals passing game is slightly more able atm.

Bengals 23-20 Mike Nugent special.

:pray2:

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game. Bengals 16 Jags 12.

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
man, every game is going to be scary, I think. Jones Drew is awesome, but I think our front 7 will be up for the challenge... Bengals 19 Jags 17 Nugent with 4 field goals...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 to 17 Bengals

We have a breakout offensive game this week.

3 TD pass for Dalton and a QB rating over 100 again.

Bengals > 420 yards of offense
Jags < 290 yards of offense

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags 17

Bengals 13

MJD goes for 100+ and 2TDs, offense sputters.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 to 17 Bengals

We have a breakout offensive game this week.

3 TD pass for Dalton and a QB rating over 100 again.

Bengals > 420 yards of offense
Jags < 290 yards of offense

the optimist police are knocking at the door, they want to know what's going on in here.
Marv will never let that happen.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-6 Bengals. I can't get those 6 straight ugly quarters of offense out of my mind.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of game we always lose. On the road, against a shitty team starting a rookie QB...

Bengals 12
Jaguars 13

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far I'm 0-4 on predicting Bengals games. I'm going to start picking us to lose every game we should win from here on out.

Jags win, 24-17.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the optimist police are knocking at the door, they want to know what's going on in here.
Marv will never let that happen.

They beat the Browns opening weekend 27-17, it is only 3 points more and I think the offense is really starting to gel now. Dalton will conitnue to make his rookie mistakes, but will play at veteran level I think.

Every NFL Network host on AFC Playbook expect the Bengals to wipe the house with the Jags, not that that is always a good sign. But I do think the Jags are over matched, and if we don't win, it is because we beat ourselves, not because the Jags beat us.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl yahoo odds:

5dimes.com jags -1
bodog.eu jags -3
SBGGLOBAL.com jags -1
OddsMaker.com jags -2

from walterfootball.com:
under-rated teams:
Cincinnati Bengals - That loss to the 49ers is looking like a fluke. The Bengals have a really good defense and running game, and Andy Dalton has been steady thus far.

Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3)
Line: Jaguars by 2.5. Total: 37.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4): Jaguars -3.
Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4): Jaguars -3.
Sunday, Oct. 9, 1:00 ET
Discuss Game, Talk Trash

The Game. Edge: Bengals.

Video of the Week: I don't have any random college football notes, but this awesome video should suffice. Take a look at this as proof of how much college football and the BCS suck. Thanks to e-mailer Ashraf Z. for sending this over.

CINCINNATI OFFENSE: As you can probably tell by the tone of my writing this week, I'm pretty pissed off. One of the many reasons I'm angry has to do with the Bengals-Bills game. Andy Dalton was great in the second half and was able to lead his team to an upset victory, but where the hell was this against the 49ers when I made Cincinnati one of my two September NFL Picks of the Month? Ugh.

Dalton was great though, and I don't expect him to regress against the Jaguars. Jacksonville is 12th versus the pass, but if you take out that monsoon game against Carolina, it would rank 22nd (7.8 YPA). The team just doesn't put much pressure on the quarterback (6 sacks), and Dalton has taken only five sacks in the past three weeks.

It doesn't look like Cedric Benson will be suspended - way to take your time, NFL - but he'll only have mild success against a Jacksonville rush defense that ranks 10th (3.8 YPC). Even if Benson is suspended, Bernard Scott should be able to do a solid job. Cincinnati's stout ground attack is more of the blocking than the mediocre Benson himself.

JACKSONVILLE OFFENSE: Blaine Gabbert hasn't had a strong showing thus far. I'll excuse the monsoon game (though he displayed poor pocket awareness in that contest), but he was downright awful against the Saints. He constantly missed his receivers, especially in the second half, completing just 16 of his 42 pass attempts.

The Bengals have a really good defense that ranks third against the pass. They limited a red-hot Ryan Fitzpatrick to only 199 yards on 34 attempts last week, so they shouldn't have any issues with Gabbert.

Maurice Jones-Drew is the reason the Jaguars aren't getting blown out every week. Despite coming off a knee injury, he's been spectacular this year, averaging 5.1 yards per carry. The Bengals give up 3.1 YPC, however, and they were able to restrict Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller to 78 yards on 20 totes.

RECAP: This spread says that the Bengals are just a half point better than Jacksonville. That's complete crap.

The Jaguars could be the worst team in the NFL. Their Week 1 victory was a fluke; with a new head coach, the Titans were simply unprepared to play that game after a shortened offseason. The struggling Jets slaughtered them in Week 2. The Panthers, as discussed earlier, should have won by 13 in a monsoon. And the sloppy Saints let Jacksonville hang around last Sunday.

To make matters worse for the Jaguars, they're going to be flat following an emotional loss to the Saints. I don't see them getting up for the Bengals, who have been a covering machine as underdogs (15-6 ATS since 2009).

The Psychology. Edge: Bengals.
The Jaguars threw everything at the Saints and came up short. They won't be up for the Bengals.

The Vegas. Edge: Jaguars.
No surprise that the public is backing the Bengals.
Percentage of money on Cincinnati: 77% (6,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Bengals.
Bengals are 15-6 ATS as underdogs since 2009.
Jaguars are 10-23 ATS against non-divisional opponents since 2008.
Jaguars are 4-11 ATS as home favorites since 2008.
Opening Line: Jaguars -2.5.
Opening Total: 36.
Weather: .

Week 5 NFL Pick: Bengals 23, Jaguars 10
Bengals +2.5 (3 Units)
Under 37 (0 Units)
Discuss Game, Talk Trash

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl yahoo odds:

5dimes.com jags -1
bodog.eu jags -3
SBGGLOBAL.com jags -1
OddsMaker.com jags -2

from walterfootball.com:
under-rated teams:
Cincinnati Bengals - That loss to the 49ers is looking like a fluke. The Bengals have a really good defense and running game, and Andy Dalton has been steady thus far.

Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3)
Line: Jaguars by 2.5. Total: 37.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4): Jaguars -3.
Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4): Jaguars -3.
Sunday, Oct. 9, 1:00 ET
Discuss Game, Talk Trash

The Game. Edge: Bengals.

Video of the Week: I don't have any random college football notes, but this awesome video should suffice. Take a look at this as proof of how much college football and the BCS suck. Thanks to e-mailer Ashraf Z. for sending this over.

CINCINNATI OFFENSE: As you can probably tell by the tone of my writing this week, I'm pretty pissed off. One of the many reasons I'm angry has to do with the Bengals-Bills game. Andy Dalton was great in the second half and was able to lead his team to an upset victory, but where the hell was this against the 49ers when I made Cincinnati one of my two September NFL Picks of the Month? Ugh.

Dalton was great though, and I don't expect him to regress against the Jaguars. Jacksonville is 12th versus the pass, but if you take out that monsoon game against Carolina, it would rank 22nd (7.8 YPA). The team just doesn't put much pressure on the quarterback (6 sacks), and Dalton has taken only five sacks in the past three weeks.

It doesn't look like Cedric Benson will be suspended - way to take your time, NFL - but he'll only have mild success against a Jacksonville rush defense that ranks 10th (3.8 YPC). Even if Benson is suspended, Bernard Scott should be able to do a solid job. Cincinnati's stout ground attack is more of the blocking than the mediocre Benson himself.

JACKSONVILLE OFFENSE: Blaine Gabbert hasn't had a strong showing thus far. I'll excuse the monsoon game (though he displayed poor pocket awareness in that contest), but he was downright awful against the Saints. He constantly missed his receivers, especially in the second half, completing just 16 of his 42 pass attempts.

The Bengals have a really good defense that ranks third against the pass. They limited a red-hot Ryan Fitzpatrick to only 199 yards on 34 attempts last week, so they shouldn't have any issues with Gabbert.

Maurice Jones-Drew is the reason the Jaguars aren't getting blown out every week. Despite coming off a knee injury, he's been spectacular this year, averaging 5.1 yards per carry. The Bengals give up 3.1 YPC, however, and they were able to restrict Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller to 78 yards on 20 totes.

RECAP: This spread says that the Bengals are just a half point better than Jacksonville. That's complete crap.

The Jaguars could be the worst team in the NFL. Their Week 1 victory was a fluke; with a new head coach, the Titans were simply unprepared to play that game after a shortened offseason. The struggling Jets slaughtered them in Week 2. The Panthers, as discussed earlier, should have won by 13 in a monsoon. And the sloppy Saints let Jacksonville hang around last Sunday.

To make matters worse for the Jaguars, they're going to be flat following an emotional loss to the Saints. I don't see them getting up for the Bengals, who have been a covering machine as underdogs (15-6 ATS since 2009).

The Psychology. Edge: Bengals.
The Jaguars threw everything at the Saints and came up short. They won't be up for the Bengals.

The Vegas. Edge: Jaguars.
No surprise that the public is backing the Bengals.
Percentage of money on Cincinnati: 77% (6,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Bengals.
Bengals are 15-6 ATS as underdogs since 2009.
Jaguars are 10-23 ATS against non-divisional opponents since 2008.
Jaguars are 4-11 ATS as home favorites since 2008.
Opening Line: Jaguars -2.5.
Opening Total: 36.
Weather: .

Week 5 NFL Pick: Bengals 23, Jaguars 10
Bengals +2.5 (3 Units)
Under 37 (0 Units)
Discuss Game, Talk Trash

I picked the Bengals by 13 also, but 30-17.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this looks like an easy win on paper.....but Dalton is just as much a rookie as Gabbert, and thus prone to playing poorly at any moment.....throw in our genius of a head coach and I think the Bengals blow this one......hope I'm wrong.....

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MJD runs for 125 and 2 TD's Blaine throws for a TD and outduels Andy

Jags 24

Cincy 14

We come home pissed as fuck with question mark looks on our faces

Young Moscato comes home whinin and bleedin about carries and playing time.....

We beat Indy to be 3-3 at the break.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD runs for 125 and 2 TD's Blaine throws for a TD and outduels Andy

Jags 24

Cincy 14

We come home pissed as fuck with question mark looks on our faces

Young Moscato comes home whinin and bleedin about carries and playing time.....

We beat Indy to be 3-3 at the break.

Lol what happened to your optimism and 10-6?? You are as bad as kramer now predicting losses.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as an added bonus, the Bengals seem to play much better when I don't watch.

I'm taking the family to Stricker's Grove Sunday, so that should guarantee a Bengals win.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol what happened to your optimism and 10-6?? You are as bad as kramer now predicting losses.

last time we won in Jax??????

Is Andy inconsistent???? on the road 12th ranked pass defense again Andy??? I think we lose.....

If im wrong.....I WILL EAT MY PLATE OF CROW LIKE A MAN!

Kramer runs like a lil girl or continues to provide excuses...I man up...BIG DIFFERENCE. LOL

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I picked the Bengals to win this week, I fully agree that this "feels" like the type of game the Bengals traditionally lose.

My Bengals pick had more to do with Blaine Gabbert being a horrible quarterback than anything else.