• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jacobs: I have no regrets. I was told I would get some of the pie and I didn't.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of pie, i could use some warm apple pie

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up buttercup. If you didn't play well enough to get playing time, that's not a 49ers problem, that's a Brandon Jacobs problem.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up buttercup. If you didn't play well enough to get playing time, that's not a 49ers problem, that's a Brandon Jacobs problem.

I disagree. He started out well in pre-season and then got hurt. He got in Harbaugh's doghouse somehow and that is like the Hotel California....."You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...". Harbaugh is kind of weird that way. I definitely think there was a role for Jacobs on this team but somehow he and Harbaugh got in a battle of wills and the outcome was predictable.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He started out well in pre-season and then got hurt. He got in Harbaugh's doghouse somehow and that is like the Hotel California....."You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...". Harbaugh is kind of weird that way. I definitely think there was a role for Jacobs on this team but somehow he and Harbaugh got in a battle of wills and the outcome was predictable.

Seems like the clear infraction was taking his gripes to Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, whatever it was... trying to make things happen the New York way. Having the media put pressure on the coaching staff. I would guess that Harbaugh greatly dislikes taking an internal issue like playing time to the media.

Edit:
I know I have heard some people say that Jacobs was put in the doghouse because he was injured, but that just seems ridiculous to me

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the clear infraction was taking his gripes to Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, whatever it was... trying to make things happen the New York Jets way. Having the media put pressure on the coaching staff. I would guess that Harbaugh greatly dislikes anyone thinking they are bigger then the team.

FIFY

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the clear infraction was taking his gripes to Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, whatever it was... trying to make things happen the New York way. Having the media put pressure on the coaching staff. I would guess that Harbaugh greatly dislikes taking an internal issue like playing time to the media.

Edit:
I know I have heard some people say that Jacobs was put in the doghouse because he was injured, but that just seems ridiculous to me

I disagree. Those posts on instagram came long after Jacobs was ready to play. Those seemed to be done out of frustration at not being included in the game plan. Speculation of course.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I'd venture to say you've had too much pie, Brandon.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Really? I'd venture to say you've had too much pie, Brandon.

nomorepiecartman.jpg

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Those posts on instagram came long after Jacobs was ready to play. Those seemed to be done out of frustration at not being included in the game plan. Speculation of course.

His injury was supposed to be for 4 - 6 weeks which would have put him back around week 5 he said he was ready to come back about week 2. He started bitching on Twitter after week 4 and promptly found himself in the dog house. If he would have shut his mouth and did things the 49er way Harbaugh would carved out a role for him. Especially after Hunter got hurt.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think him not playing was due to either injury or predictions of his performance, but the suspension was due to the public pressure he tried to present through Twitter and Instagram. Your post is talking about playing time, whereas I thought the post you quoted was talking about him being released and kept in the doghouse. But having read three's post above, I agree with that as well.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a punk ass bitch Jacobs is, that punk hasn't changed. He was an entitled giant baby when he was 19 and he's still the same way now. When you have two guys in front of you that are playing at pro bowl level, the job isn't just going to be handed to you, you have to get out there and earn it. Instead Jacobs chose to pout like a giant baby and talk crap on twitter. I hated picking that guy up and I'm glad he's gone. Good luck finding another job