• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've saying Mike Zimmer sucks ass for YEARS.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you trade up & it doesnt work out. Welcome to the draft. No guarantees. it would be stupid to keep a player because you trade up & he isnt working out than just cutting him.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at all the excuse making people always do for Zimmer and "It's just 1 game!" people ITT. Totally ignoring every other point I brought up besides yesterday's loss to the Bills.

Let's look at the facts.

Zimmer's past 5 games, including playoffs: 2-2,1, team gave up 134 points between those games. The offense can be blamed for 2 or 3 of the scores by opponents among those games, but that's still a lot of points to be giving up for a supposed defensive genius.

Mike Zimmer overall record: 5th year as HC currently, 40-26-1, 0.604. Playoffs: 1-2.

Brad Childress: 4 1/2 years, 39-35-0, 0.527. Playoffs: 1-2.

Those records aren't really all that different from Chilly's so far, and could easily be almost the same after the upcoming road games in L.A. and Philly. Look into it even further, and you'll realize that most of the signficant players on Zim's beloved defenses over the years were inherrited from the Chilly (Greenway, Brian Robison, Everson Griffen) and Frazier (Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes, Sandejo) eras.

Meanwhile, Vikings fans were calling for Chilly to get canned within 2 seasons of him being hired as their coach, but defend Zimmer to the death as though he built us up from Cleveland Browns status into an anual contender all by himself. Just lol @ people's bias and inability to think critically.

Childress was a little douche bag that thought he was some sort of offensive genius and could run his team like Bill Belichick. His NFL "offense" looked like it did in the mid-90s when he was OC at Wisconsin with Darrell Bevell at QB.

I could see what a scumbag, fraud Childress was when he went out of his way to cut Marcus Robinson on Christmas Eve.

Allow me to give you two words as to why Childress ever accomplished anything as a head coach: Brett Favre.

If Favre doesn't show up, the Vikings are rolling with Sage Sosenfels or Tarvarvis Jackson in 09' and do not make the playoffs that year and that extension Childress got that season (which I was 100% against at the time) never happens.

Chilli ended up fired just over a year later in 10' because Favre was destroyed by New Orleans and never was the same (he really shouldn't have come back). And because Chilli was arrogant enough to think that he could handle Moss, he traded for him and when Moss went to Zygi Wilf and said: "You've got to fire this idiot right now." Childress cut him. Leaving Zygi with a few semis full of unsold Moss jerseys.

Childress ended up fired himself less than a month later and it should go down as one of the best things that Moss ever did for us by starting the plunging process of that turd and his regime down the toilet.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers on a collision course with the Redskins for the NFC Title!!

6Bp4.gif

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'd gladly be wrong about Zimmer. The next two weeks are going to be very telling of this team. If we get at least one win out of either L.A. or Philly, then the season becomes a lot more manageable. I just hate seeing them get crushed in very winnable games like the one against Buffalo during a season in which the schedule is pretty tough. If they come out and somehow beat L.A. then I'll admit I probably got rustled too early. If they got getting slapped around out of their system early, then great. But they at least need to put up a very good showing in L.A. to stay respectable.

Another thing I'll note is that it's pretty concerning that we could very well be losing Everson Griffen. Huge part of our defense, and one of the last players this team could afford to have go out like that. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and is able to make it back to football like his old self. Zim, to his credit, has never had very great luck with the injury bug/losing guys unexpectedly on his teams.