• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for the Rams to fire Wade Philips

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t expect him to return next season unless they haven’t been grooming someone behind the scenes

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, you guys really think Wade has lost the ability to coach defenses? we knew their LB corps were weak before the season started .... and a lot of the mistakes i've seen in the secondary were not scheme-related, they were simply players not doing their jobs. As far as the run defense, how can Phillips scheme the players to fight off blocks and stick to their assignments?

I'm not sure if the game has passed Phillips by and maybe he needs to retire but I'm seeing a lot of assignment failures by the players, which Wade cannot control.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantae nearly cost us the game today. Sure he had some saving grace with the fumble strip and recovery, but I can't put that THIRTYONE today on Wade or his system. That was 14 points gifted, they should have been punting on both of the TD drives.

Wade has a lot of new pieces to gel, and with the flux of injuries his system is pressed against some of the more gifted QB's in this league, this year we have faced our share, and we will face more.

That said, Talib is the anchor in Wade's system, he needs that shut down Corner, not only that, Talib has been in Wade's system in Denver, and understands it best and he is missing from the field. Things will drastically change upon his return and we will have our act together as we get ready for the post season.

As I've stated before, we have played some very good offenses, in fact next week might be the best offense we will face all year! So naturally we are going to give up a lot of points, almost every other team in the league is giving up a lot of points. But we have some very good defensive players, yes we have some injury issues in the secondary, hopefully that is the problem and not a lack of talent. LB's aren't that good, we give up waaaaaay to many rushing yards, part of that may be running the 3-4, running backs are blowing thru the line and by the time they get to the LB they already have 5+ yards and a head of steam, on top of the LB's not being very good??
You are right Talib is "probably" a huge piece of our defensive puzzle, hopefully his return fixes at least some of the issues.

SJ and I have both said Donald, Suh, McVay, Phillips, etc, need to start bitching about the lack of holding calls!!!!!! I've watched every game and I think the refs are calling a lot less holding penalties, some of them are ridiculous, we have 3 studs on the line and some games they are getting absolutely no pressure on the QB at all, this also puts pressure on our depleted secondary, its a snowball effect.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, you guys really think Wade has lost the ability to coach defenses? we knew their LB corps were weak before the season started .... and a lot of the mistakes i've seen in the secondary were not scheme-related, they were simply players not doing their jobs. As far as the run defense, how can Phillips scheme the players to fight off blocks and stick to their assignments?

I'm not sure if the game has passed Phillips by and maybe he needs to retire but I'm seeing a lot of assignment failures by the players, which Wade cannot control.

You are probably right, but if I continually fail at might job, its next man up until its fixed!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but I also think you need to put them in position to make plays!!

The 3-4 we play is basically a 4-3. One of the OLBs is always on the LOS. Problem we have is LBs. We need another stud LB. Up the gut I’m not sure we have the beef we need at ILB

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we were 5-5 I think letting Wade go would be questionable.

At 9-1 no way are you changing coaches

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know guys. This defense time and time again has come up with the "big stop" when the Rams have needed it most. With the new catch rules and personal foul/roughing the QB new rules any team with a good QB and offense will be able to score on you.
Look around the league at all of the scoring. Offensive play books have changed. Maybe the days of the dominating defense are over for a while.
The players like and respect Wade and I think it would be a huge mistake to fire him this season or next.
The Rams are 9-1!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points... I know Talib is a key part but I'm just baffled that knowing the LBs are terrible (been that way for 2 yrs) and not having the personnel for it in general the Rams would trot out 4 of them like it was stated in a previous post. I just don't see the logic in taking a capable DE or DT off the field for a shitty LB as the 4th down lineman knowing he can't shed a block or make the right angle for a tackle. Ebukam missed so many angles that last game, and I haven't seen many plays he's made unless the damage is already done.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Players need to make plays

Agreed. Too many failures defending the edge and letting RBs get outside; the Rams are playing too aggressive in these situations and being exposed repeatedly. There is just no edge contain whatsoever. DL is often too interested in getting after the QB that they aren't plugging running gaps up the middle as well. Take all of that and combine it with Peters' poor play of late, and the defense is a mess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the change to Wade would stop the big CB cushions and defensive failures under Gregg Williams, but it has been more of the same, which would either indicate an old school philosophy that they share that isn't holding up, or roster issues. I would guess it's a little bit of both.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving-up 51 points and a boatload of offensive total yards ain't going to get you a superbowl win or even getting there for that matter. We continue to give-up huge chunks of yards even though last night we had three tds off of KC TOs.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get Talib back and see what we look like, he has been missed