• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for the Rams to fire Wade Philips

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys, I know the hawks - rams game is currently underway but i wanted to get you all's opinion on the elephant in the room ( not Peters even though he is apart of the problem) Wade Philips and this defense. Over the last several weeks we have seen little improvement to the defense whether it be the pass or the run. On some downs the run D will show up but completely shit the bed in pass coverage and vice versa. The rams cannot simply play sloppy football and expect the 2nd half offense to bail them out. Phillips wanted these guys on defense and so far they have mostly been a non factor; the LB's are beyond terrible and there isn't no improvement in sight in regards to Peter's play..

The rookies drafted haven't seen the field and the only pass rush we have is Donald and god forbid he see's any type of injury. This team is exciting to watch on offense but will be one and done again when playoffs roll around due to the inability of the defense to stop anybody. The team simply doesn't have the personnel for a 3-4 and continuing down this course is stupid IMHO. The defense needs new life.....and possibly a new face to shift this back to a 4-3. Thoughts???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams do make a change in this department at some point, one of the guys I would interview is a protege of Dom Capers and he played for the Rams. He has returned to coaching with the Jets as a LB coach after a four-year hiatus. He loves the 3-4 defense. If I were McVay and Snead, I'd pick-up the phone after the season and talk with Kevin Greene about potentially being the next Rams defensive coordinator.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't get what Phillips or McVay for that matter aren't seeing, or what they are seeing??

If you're LB's aren't that good why do you have"4" of them out there, that's like saying we are weak at DB, so lets have 7 of them out there???

I'm not getting it, Obviously they aren't either??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front four including Fowler are all first round draft picks. We have focused predominantly in the draft and FA on the offense. We are now going to have switch gears and re-load the defense starting with the LB position as well as a new DC.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front four including Fowler are all first round draft picks. We have focused predominantly in the draft and FA on the offense. We are now going to have switch gears and re-load the defense starting with the LB position as well as a new DC.

Didn't we just draft a bunch of so called LB's?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we did but Littleton, who was undrafted, has outplayed them all. Kiser or Lawler should be in there but Phillips likes Fowler, Littleton, Ebukam, and Barron. If Barron is released, Kiser, Lawler, or Hager will be the next to step in.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we did but Littleton, who was undrafted, has outplayed them all. Kiser or Lawler should be in there but Phillips likes Fowler, Littleton, Ebukam, and Barron. If Barron is released, Kiser, Lawler, or Hager will be the next to step in.

Ya Littleton seems to be the only one at least showing some promise

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't get what Phillips or McVay for that matter aren't seeing, or what they are seeing??

If you're LB's aren't that good why do you have"4" of them out there, that's like saying we are weak at DB, so lets have 7 of them out there???

I'm not getting it, Obviously they aren't either??

Right now our secondary is hurting depth wise, while our LBs are useless for the most part, you can only do so much with the ingredients you have.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now our secondary is hurting depth wise, while our LBs are useless for the most part, you can only do so much with the ingredients you have.

And that's why we are all saying, scrap the 3-4 BS, we obviously don't have the players for that??

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the thinking but to rip up the team right now would be suicide. Remember the Rams are 9-1 I bet no 9-1 team has ever fired a coach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't going to happen this year Rambunctious, but if we lose our opening playoff game to poor defense, the talk about removing Phillips will escalate.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it odd how if you look at Wade's history, his defense pretty much always underperforms in his second year.... We added talent but got worse, we are more than half way through the season, time to step up!!!

However, I don't think firing him now would do ANY good... We are 9-1, underperforming D or not, you don't rock the boat.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated LTRF, this ain't going to happen this year. It may take place if we are one and done and McVay thinks the reason for the loss was poor defense. He stepped-in today and told the D to stop killing ourselves with stupidity and they played better until AD went off on the out-of-bounds play. Fowler certainly took note.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think we need to switch back to a 4-3 defense. We've had a lot more success with that. Plus, we don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 successfully.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would put Fowler and OKO as DEnds and move Suh inside with Donald and Brockers, we would have one fresh Dlineman at all times in the 4-3. Then go with Littleton, Ebukam, and Lawler has our three backers. Move Barron to his natural position of Safety and our D would play better with more pressure on the QB and a better consistent run D coverage.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated LTRF, this ain't going to happen this year. It may take place if we are one and done and McVay thinks the reason for the loss was poor defense. He stepped-in today and told the D to stop killing ourselves with stupidity and they played better until AD went off on the out-of-bounds play. Fowler certainly took note.
Dantae nearly cost us the game today. Sure he had some saving grace with the fumble strip and recovery, but I can't put that THIRTYONE today on Wade or his system. That was 14 points gifted, they should have been punting on both of the TD drives.

Wade has a lot of new pieces to gel, and with the flux of injuries his system is pressed against some of the more gifted QB's in this league, this year we have faced our share, and we will face more.

That said, Talib is the anchor in Wade's system, he needs that shut down Corner, not only that, Talib has been in Wade's system in Denver, and understands it best and he is missing from the field. Things will drastically change upon his return and we will have our act together as we get ready for the post season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would put Fowler and OKO as DEnds and move Suh inside with Donald and Brockers, we would have one fresh Dlineman at all times in the 4-3. Then go with Littleton, Ebukam, and Lawler has our three backers. Move Barron to his natural position of Safety and our D would play better with more pressure on the QB and a better consistent run D coverage.

The only knock on that Retro is that Barron was a lousy safety which is why he made the switch...I like him and littleton as the nickle pkg Lbs though with Suh, Donald as the DTs and Fowler, OKO as the ends..

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Players need to make plays

That's true, but I also think you need to put them in position to make plays!!