• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: It's Seattle Time:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not confident in any of them getting a win. Our offense can't score when Yu is out there. They rarely score more than 3 in any game. They should be ashamed.

On a personal note, did you see the press about Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams and his behavior at kid games?

Can't help but notice/respect your young man there, and how you're involved.

Why on earth would anyone expect this ass wipe to be anything other than this? Rather disgusting.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey.....glad you enjoyed the experience.....

Wins will come and go....but as long as you and the other 43,000 of your closest friends had a good time, it's hard to complain me thinks.

You better get em next time though.....HA

It might take a trip to the ball park from Romeo to turn this ship around. He would light a fire under their asses. Didn't work when I went.... Lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might take a trip to the ball park from Romeo to turn this ship around. He would light a fire under their asses. Didn't work when I went.... Lol
No argument here.....HA....That's one fiery SOB....and I mean that respectfully.

But ya know, we've got one team, and we're gonna support them. Thanks for going tonight.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better enjoy tomorrow afternoon's game. I do not look forward to the Detroit series.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Kershaw would probably be considered highland park's finest... could be wrong about that one though

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, havent paid attention to the last 3 or so games. Our team leader in HR's is who? Doesn't he have like 4? I don't remember a year like this ever tbh. We've been bad before, but we've always had pop.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what we should do. Trade roogy and a prospect for david price. Then, trade EA and Luke Jackson for stanton. Then after that, trade Gallo and Sardinas for Klueber, then finally, shop Alfaro and see what we can get for him. Ya never know.

Alright BREAK

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, havent paid attention to the last 3 or so games. Our team leader in HR's is who? Doesn't he have like 4? I don't remember a year like this ever tbh. We've been bad before, but we've always had pop.

I just hope the team is good NEXT year. This year, they get a pass because of the injuries. You'd be hard pressed to find a team with worse injury luck in any sport.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what we should do. Trade roogy and a prospect for david price. Then, trade EA and Luke Jackson for stanton. Then after that, trade Gallo and Sardinas for Klueber, then finally, shop Alfaro and see what we can get for him. Ya never know.

Alright BREAK

Haha... that would be nice. I think it would take all those guys to just get Stanton or Price... but not both of them. And when all that was said and done... who would we have to play 2B and SS?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN today:

Struggling left-hander Robbie Ross was moved back to the bullpen Tuesday, and right-hander Tanner Scheppers, who started the season opener, was informed he would be also be joining the bullpen when he returns from the disabled list. Scott Baker will go from long man to the rotation to make a start Friday at Detroit.

Baker will be trying to shake off a bit of rust. He made an appearance in long relief for the Rangers on May 7, but has not pitched since. Baker, 32, has been a starter most of his career.

“He’s been out there before trying to get 27 outs,” Washington said. “We’ll give him a shot. That’s where we are right now: giving opportunities.”

2013 was Fielder’s worst season, prompting some to suggest the Rangers were foolish to deal for him. That thinking mostly ignores the fact that in the two previous seasons he had the third and fourth best OPS numbers of his career.

A one-year decline just before turning 30 is rarely a sign that a player — even one as large as Fielder — is finished. Besides, Fielder delivered 25 home runs and 106 runs batted in last season.

“We had that conversation,” Schieffer said. “But it was beyond our capabilities at that time. Neither George nor I wanted to do it, because we felt baseball should be played outdoors.” **

** That's some progressive and forward vision there now isn't it?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN today:

Struggling left-hander Robbie Ross was moved back to the bullpen Tuesday, and right-hander Tanner Scheppers, who started the season opener, was informed he would be also be joining the bullpen when he returns from the disabled list. Scott Baker will go from long man to the rotation to make a start Friday at Detroit.

Baker will be trying to shake off a bit of rust. He made an appearance in long relief for the Rangers on May 7, but has not pitched since. Baker, 32, has been a starter most of his career.

“He’s been out there before trying to get 27 outs,” Washington said. “We’ll give him a shot. That’s where we are right now: giving opportunities.”

2013 was Fielder’s worst season, prompting some to suggest the Rangers were foolish to deal for him. That thinking mostly ignores the fact that in the two previous seasons he had the third and fourth best OPS numbers of his career.

A one-year decline just before turning 30 is rarely a sign that a player — even one as large as Fielder — is finished. Besides, Fielder delivered 25 home runs and 106 runs batted in last season.

“We had that conversation,” Schieffer said. “But it was beyond our capabilities at that time. Neither George nor I wanted to do it, because we felt baseball should be played outdoors.” **

That is about par for the course. Why was Baker not in his usual rotation at RR. Now he has been sitting. Almost a set up for failure. If you are not going to use the guy at the MLB level send him back for some work and let an actual reliever be called up and sit.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Kershaw would probably be considered highland park's finest... could be wrong about that one though

Noted and agreed......Of course Matthew Stafford may feel differently.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about par for the course. Why was Baker not in his usual rotation at RR. Now he has been sitting. Almost a set up for failure. If you are not going to use the guy at the MLB level send him back for some work and let an actual reliever be called up and sit.

Nothing like taking 2 weeks off to keep yourself sharp. WTF are we thinking?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree... now a retractable roof like they have today for bad weather days would've been nice BUT those cost effective remedies came out in the years after RBIA was built

Nobody wanted a repeat of the Kingdome & Skydome failures at the time, there was always something wrong with their roofs it seemed

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like taking 2 weeks off to keep yourself sharp. WTF are we thinking?

Keep in mind he spent 10 of those days waiting to potentially claimed by another team and had he made a start when he came back he would be unavailable for tonight

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright BREAK

I really hope you're kidding

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... that would be nice. I think it would take all those guys to just get Stanton or Price... but not both of them. And when all that was said and done... who would we have to play 2B and SS?

Profar would play one of them I'm sure.... not sure about the other though... Rosales, Lillibridge, Rua?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind he spent 10 of those days waiting to potentially claimed by another team and had he made a start when he came back he would be unavailable for tonight

Know what? I'd forgotten this. Good point.

Let me ask, when a guy is waiting those 10 days I guess he can't work out at any team's facilities?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree... now a retractable roof like they have today for bad weather days would've been nice BUT those cost effective remedies came out in the years after RBIA was built

Nobody wanted a repeat of the Kingdome & Skydome failures at the time, there was always something wrong with their roofs it seemed

I understand and agree with your point. However, this doesn't seem to be theirs. The quote is about playing outdoors, which to me, is akin to taking down the lights and playing all day games.

But yeah.....those roofs back then were monoliths of disasters.