• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's really not that complicated: Mahomes is that dude

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is still the GOAT but Mahomes may take his place one day as the best ever. Mahomes is amazing, but Brady is still the GOAT, 7 Super Bowl wins is unreal, especially given that he didn’t have a lot of receiving talent on some of his teams.
But if you could pick any player in history to be the QB on a team you put together...you'd have to pick Mahomes over Brady wouldn't you?

Mahomes may never get 7 SB rings, those are team accomplishments. Just from how they play(ed).

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there is the huge difference where Mahomes has Andy Reid. Brady had to struggle with a defensive minded head coach who, as has been proven, doesnt really excel at the offensive side of the football.
"Brady had to struggle with the greatest head football coach of all time"

: - (

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is still the GOAT but Mahomes may take his place one day as the best ever. Mahomes is amazing, but Brady is still the GOAT, 7 Super Bowl wins is unreal, especially given that he didn’t have a lot of receiving talent on some of his teams.

Plus the 28 - 3 comeback while Gronk was on IR is the stuff of legend. The top receivers in that game were Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, and Mitchell. Without that Super Bowl everybody would be saying "who?".

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the GOAT, for now. But if anyone currently playing can catch and surpass him, it's obviously Mahomes. He is in the perfect situation, with a HOF coach in Andy Reid and pretty good ownership in KC. I don't think he will get there because Brady's feats are insane, but he has a shot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the GOAT, for now. But if anyone currently playing can catch and surpass him, it's obviously Mahomes. He is in the perfect situation, with a HOF coach in Andy Reid and pretty good ownership in KC. I don't think he will get there because Brady's feats are insane, but he has a shot.
Does Mahomes have to get 7 rings to take over as GOAT? What if he ends up with 5 but better stats?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure...happened to Montana. He never lost in the big game.

way to subjective.
to each his own
For sure no way to prove it, the fun is the arguing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mahomie rolls off three straight, does it become a conversation? Perhaps.

That certainly sounds like a possible scenario, but he's going to have to play some time and put up some gaudy stats to have a superior record.

Brady put up some wild stats himself, like all-time leader in passing yards, passing TDs and wining percentage, a pretty amazing 75%. Fifteen Pro Bowls.

I am not a Brady fan, per se, but he put up a crazy high bar.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps
if we are talking any era and right after his college days.

I just might select Staubach.
What about prime Marino?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he's the GOAT. Obviously he has to keep building the resume and stacking accolades, but in terms of who has been the most physically and mentally gifted to ever play QB?

If you were starting a team from scratch and could pick any player who ever played in the NFL in their prime, you'd start with Mahomes. Not Brady, not Montana, not Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice. He reminds me of LeBron James the way his physical form is literally designed to be as great as possible. He's a QB designed in a lab.

So he's 28 years old and going into his 4th Super Bowl...and he has Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo running things, and Kelce, and Pacheco.

Now, the Niners have weapons and so on, it's no lock KC wins. Probably 60/40 KC to me. Just think in the end Mahomes will find a way. If the Niners are going to win they will need to score 30+, do not see them holding KC to under 28 points
I don't think the greatest ever. He needs to stack more great seasons , and then who knows.

Marino and Elway playing with today's rules would have been lethal

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Brady had to struggle with the greatest head football coach of all time"

: - (

84 - 130 without Brady. in the 11 season where Brady wast his primary QB, he made the playoffs twice. In those 11 seasons his offense only finished in the top 10 in offensive yards once, in the top 10 in scoring twice. On average without Brady his offenses were 18th in scoring in the league and 20 in offensive yards.

That puts him in Sam Wyche territory, in the unemployment line and with no one willing to give him a job.

Belichick‘s legacy has been forever altered since he let Brady leave New England. Anyone calling Belichick the greatest ever turned off football 5 years ago and is living in a past that never really existed.

He is the greatest defensive coach in NFL history. Greatest coach in history? Please. If he hadn’t drafted the GOAT in the 6th round, he would have been fired 20 years ago and would hardly even be remembered by anyone who wasnt a Giant, Pats or Browns fan.

SB hot takes! I only half believe this.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what happened to the Patriots as soon as he left. He was carrying that franchise and his overrated head coach.

On the other hand, people have apparently forgotten how many games he won early in his career on last second field goals with a stout defense.

And of course there's the 7 year stretch where he didn't win any super bowls. Even with Randy Moss.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief's win Kelce MVP.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
84 - 130 without Brady. in the 11 season where Brady wast his primary QB, he made the playoffs twice. In those 11 seasons his offense only finished in the top 10 in offensive yards once, in the top 10 in scoring twice. On average without Brady his offenses were 18th in scoring in the league and 20 in offensive yards.

That puts him in Sam Wyche territory, in the unemployment line and with no one willing to give him a job.

Belichick‘s legacy has been forever altered since he let Brady leave New England. Anyone calling Belichick the greatest ever turned off football 5 years ago and is living in a past that never really existed.

He is the greatest defensive coach in NFL history. Greatest coach in history? Please. If he hadn’t drafted the GOAT in the 6th round, he would have been fired 20 years ago and would hardly even be remembered by anyone who wasnt a Giant, Pats or Browns fan.

SB hot takes! I only half believe this.
So Belichick is basically a bum that would have been fired 20 years ago if not for the great Tom Brady. But he's also still the best defensive coach in NFL history.

Seems like a QB would really benefit from having that kind of a guy around his whole career.

Nevermind that. Poor Tom Brady.

How in the world did he ever overcome all the dogshit coaches and players he had to drag with him his whole career. He woulda won every game if not for all those bums.

: -(

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanos with the voice of Kermit
FB_IMG_1707398559066.jpg
mjspnolu4vm11.jpg

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think he's the GOAT. Obviously he has to keep building the resume and stacking accolades, but in terms of who has been the most physically and mentally gifted to ever play QB?

If you were starting a team from scratch and could pick any player who ever played in the NFL in their prime, you'd start with Mahomes. Not Brady, not Montana, not Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice. He reminds me of LeBron James the way his physical form is literally designed to be as great as possible. He's a QB designed in a lab.

So he's 28 years old and going into his 4th Super Bowl...and he has Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo running things, and Kelce, and Pacheco.

Now, the Niners have weapons and so on, it's no lock KC wins. Probably 60/40 KC to me. Just think in the end Mahomes will find a way. If the Niners are going to win they will need to score 30+, do not see them holding KC to under 28 points
I'd still take Brady today. He's proven he can win the SB in a variety of ways over two decades, without the physical talent that Mahomes has shown. His mental toughness, intelligence and competitive spirit is off the charts. Not saying Mahomes can't get there - he's absolutely the leading candidate to repeat that level of dominance. For now, I think I'll take the guy that already proved it.