• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Official: Cutler will start Sunday vs Detroit

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Christ Mortensen and Adam Schefter on Monday Night Countdown.

As long as he's not rushing it, I say we caught a break! About time. It was diagnosed as a four week injury and he'll sit three. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh seems to run the O better, why not let Jay rest another week or 9.:lol:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh, QB controversy!?!?

no seriously, if jay is ready he's our guy, if not, Im good with McCown playing another week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh, QB controversy!?!?

no seriously, if jay is ready he's our guy, if not, Im good with McCown playing another week.

This is how I feel.

No need to sit him with a healthy leg, but if there's any doubt. It's McCown.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if Jay is ready, he is the better QB.

That's your opinion which hasn't been to sharp lately .
Josh makes good reads and doesn't force the ball . 0 TOs in 6 quarters of play. Jay is the more talented guy no doubt.
But our O hasn't looked better than they have in the last the last 6 quarters.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh makes good reads and doesn't force the ball . 0 TOs in 6 quarters of play. Jay is the more talented guy no doubt.

Josh has played well- no doubt. Very grateful to have a competent backup. However, all the improved pieces around the QB this year is pushing what is required further down from the top of the talent ceilings of both Josh and Jay. That said, if we still had all the shortcomings of the last few years, i.e the limited playmakers and frequent protection breakdowns,( IOW, more is required from the QB)...
WHO would you rather have as QB- Jay, or Josh. Thats how I look at it. My .02.

YMMV.

C

cubzzzfanincali

actually, leaving aside the whole "who would have played better over the last few quarters" argument for a second, there's pretty much a slam-dunk reason why they have to play Cutler.

I don't care how well McCown plays the next few games. There is zero chance his market value is anywhere near $15-20 million. None. By market value I mean the price some team somewhere in the league will pay him, not necessarily the Bears.

Regardless of how well Cutler plays the next few games, his market value is at least $15 million.

This is Cutler's last chance to prove his long term value before the Bears have the undesirable alternative of using the franchise tag. The money at stake in the long run is potentially very large. Every game that goes by, from here through the end of next season (franchise tag year), is another game that works to Cutler's advantage and against the Bears in salary negotiations. So playing the waiting game costs the Bears.

If Cutler can play Sunday, he should.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, leaving aside the whole "who would have played better over the last few quarters" argument for a second, there's pretty much a slam-dunk reason why they have to play Cutler.

I don't care how well McCown plays the next few games. There is zero chance his market value is anywhere near $15-20 million. None. By market value I mean the price some team somewhere in the league will pay him, not necessarily the Bears.

Regardless of how well Cutler plays the next few games, his market value is at least $15 million.

This is Cutler's last chance to prove his long term value before the Bears have the undesirable alternative of using the franchise tag. The money at stake in the long run is potentially very large. Every game that goes by, from here through the end of next season (franchise tag year), is another game that works to Cutler's advantage and against the Bears in salary negotiations. So playing the waiting game costs the Bears.

If Cutler can play Sunday, he should.

Yep. That sum up nicely the business side of it.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The operative word is "seems"....

Josh seems to run the O better, why not let Jay rest another week or 9.:lol:

It would seems that if Jay is ready, Jay shoud play. I highly doubt any team needing a starter will call Josh McCown after the season. Wait, maybe we can trade him or a high draft pick!:lol:

:L:gaah::wtf2:

:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, actually it's not my opinion. It's a cold hard fact, and that is proven true by the amount of money that Jay will get this off-season versus the small amount of offers McCown will get to compete for a backup job at the league minimum.

LOL... Our O hasn't looked better than they have in the last 6 quarters? Oh gee, I wonder if playing two of the league's bottom pass defenses has anything to do with it.

The two weeks prior to the Skins/GB games, Jay had a 70% completion percentage. Was 48 of 69 for 610 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's and a 117 QB Rating.

He also faced a top 5 pass defense in New Orleans and posted the best game of his career.

Jay was 4th in TOTAL QBR in ALL of the NFL, and was near the top of the league in QB rating. The Bears were #3 in points scored.

Now, some 35 year old journeymen has couple of solid performances versus bottom of the barrel pass defenses and we're anointing him better than Jay Cutler? Are you fucking kidding me? SIX GOOD QUARTERS!? WTF could you possibly be talking about?

Please... just stop.