• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's gotten so bad in Houston that...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bad BO"

Has to be the funniest shit I've heard this season

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichic, wasn't so awesome in Cleveland, I'm telling you all he sold his soul to the Devil.

very true about Cleveland but who has been successful in Cleveland since
Marty Schottenheimer maybe Belichick has a exorcism planned for when he retires from football

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually true. He has a cap hit of 19M I think, but the Texans have 13M of cap space next year before they do anything else. If they really wanted him, they could find room for a year of him.

That is a lot of money wrapped up in your QB position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Bill O'Brien could possibly lose his job over this guy if he sticks with him.

Why is that a shame? He hand picked him!

imo it would be a mistake to fire O'Brien and start Os with a new OC, new terminology, etc next year. You almost have to give him the '17 season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houston Fan Meltdown over that would be pure fucking comedy gold.

But can the Texans take on Romo's contract along with the one they gave Osweiler?

I think that will prevent it from happening.

As bad as it looks right now, I think HOU has to stay the course with O'Brien and Osweiler at least thru the '17 season.

Romo would be better, but new system, new WRs...there would be a learning curve there also.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as it looks right now, I think HOU has to stay the course with O'Brien and Osweiler at least thru the '17 season.

Romo would be better, but new system, new WRs...there would be a learning curve there also.

I don't know that I agree with that. Because.....

he can't take a hit anymore.

Two straight seasons.

One hit.

Done!

Hell, in 2015, he was taken out twice.

This year. What was it? First preseason game or second?

For what he is being paid as compared to how long he has been able to last a season?

I'd rather have Osweiler.

Trade for Romo. Make Osweiler the backup?

Before Week 2, we'd be paying Romo 19 million to go on the IR and be starting Osweiler anyways.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two straight seasons.

One hit.

Done!

For what he is being paid as compared to how long he has been able to last a season?

Before Week 2, we'd be paying Romo 19 million to go on the IR and be starting Osweiler anyways.

You picked that one point to debate I guess, but I'm more in agreement with you...Osweiler in the same system next yr will likely be better than he's been this yr....it simply can't be a 1 yr deal for him and O'Brien...they had to know this guy is basically a rookie in terms of NFL starts.

Mariota in yr 2, same system, Winston in yr 2 same system...both showing improvement and it's showing up in the win column.

Romo is clearly a better player right now, would I bring him in over Osweiler? No.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot of money wrapped up in your QB position.

Yup, but if you have it that bad cap year for only one year and then both could be wiped off the books is it really that bad? Or can you push all in for one year and hope JJ and Clowney can both stay healthy?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two straight seasons.

One hit.

Done!

Pretty sure it was the first series of the first preseason game he played in. Like the 2nd or 3rd pass attempt. :L

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15219501_1315095808537104_9065929563269433213_n.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both parties screwed up. He should of stayed in Denver. Should of took less money and Denver good really use him. He was good in that system. Houston was desperate and made a BIG mistake.

I agree for his sake he should have stayed in Denver if he wanted the best chance to be successful. There are 3 main reasons he left and I would say only one of them is a legit reason I can respect...The first is the money. I don't fault any player for wanting to go for the big contract when they have the chance. Teams constantly overpay for players off a Super Bowl winning squad hoping that will rub off in their locker room. Rarely do those deals truly pan out. The second is he said he liked O'Brien's offense much better than Kubiak's. Which hey maybe he did like the fact that he could be the man and get to call everything from the LOS. He watched Manning do it for 4 years. That type of offense though requires a very unique type of QB to operate and Osweiler is not that guy. He needs a coach that makes the calls and he just has to go out and run the play. He just doesn't have the football intelligence to handle more information than that. And third he felt highly disrespected by the team benching him in week 17. Again to me not a great excuse when you have a HOF QB sitting on the bench and the team needing a boost in that game and throughout the playoffs. I mean can you really argue as a player when the team goes and wins a Super Bowl? I know he wanted to start and I appreciate that but his opportunity to prove he was the man was still ahead of him.

Oh well he is stinking up the joint and the Broncos are getting better production from a 7th round 2nd year guy in Siemian. I would say things worked out pretty well for the Broncos on that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston's passing offense could really bloom once their rookie WRs (Fuller, Braxton, 2nd year Strong) stop acting like rookie WRs. They really need someone to take pressure off of Hopkins, who surprisingly has been taken away more now with Osweiler at QB than he was with supposedly lesser QBs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The speculation in Houston is that Hopkins is as good as gone, that he doesn't want to waste away his prime like Andre Johnson and isn't going to sign a deal with the team. He will probably get tagged but he will have to be traded or something.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach will get the blame but it is clearly the GM's fault. How he still has a job is beyond me. The Texans are stuck with Osweiller through next year because his salary ($16 mil) is fully guaranteed. The never interviewed or brought him in for a visit. Just signed hm as soon as possible and that is shocking because he has not done anything that warranted a big contract. His stats were not even that impressive. While they were not bad numbers I would have put performance clauses to kick in escalators.