• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Canes Week

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really expect to walk away from this game Saturday very much enthused about our season.

I think this is going to be a turning point.

Beating Miami is nothing to pound your chest about.

Louisville, Nebraska, Ga Tech, Florida St, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and South Carolina all did it last season.

Heck. BoPleeny beat Miami. That's fucking bad.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Miami is nothing to pound your chest about.

Louisville, Nebraska, Ga Tech, Florida St, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and South Carolina all did it last season.

Heck. BoPleeny beat Miami. That's fucking bad.

On the road though. That's what I'm talking about.

On the road we need to get over this dark cloud that hangs over us. We can beat the little guys on the road, but we can't beat a decent team on the road.

Our best road win in recent history in a landslide would have to be the one at Michigan State a few years ago, and Michigan State was just okay that year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spend about 5 minutes listening to Omaha sports talk radio. Bahe and then probably 75% of the callers make them out to be '01 Miami.

Haven't listened to the radio much this week.

Never cared for Bahe. Something about him is annoying. When I do listen to 1620, it's the morning and afternoon shows.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter what any of us outsiders think of Miami.

All of the players on this team know damn well they aren't supposed to go down there and win this game. It's been a hurdle that has been impossible for them to clear.

They need to grow up, and this is a good chance to do it. It doesn't matter really who we beat at home. If we beat MSU at home that is neat to all of us, but that black cloud that hangs over these players on the road needs to go away. They need to win this game this weekend.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road though. That's what I'm talking about.

On the road we need to get over this dark cloud that hangs over us. We can beat the little guys on the road, but we can't beat a decent team on the road.

Our best road win in recent history in a landslide would have to be the one at Michigan State a few years ago, and Michigan State was just okay that year.

Weren't winning the big home games either. Va Tech, UCLA, etc.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't listened to the radio much this week.

Never cared for Bahe. Something about him is annoying. When I do listen to 1620, it's the morning and afternoon shows.
Loved him when it was Schick and Nick. I've come to realize that I really just liked Schick. Nick's a moron. He responded to my comment to him about TA having better stats thus far this year than Kaaya when he was trying to make Kaaya out to be Payton Manning (back when he could still throw), and acted like I was an idiot. Before long, Benning tweets at him that he'd take TA if given the choice. That shut him up.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved him when it was Schick and Nick. I've come to realize that I really just liked Schick. Nick's a moron. He responded to my comment to him about TA having better stats thus far this year than Kaaya when he was trying to make Kaaya out to be Payton Manning (back when he could still throw), and acted like I was an idiot. Before long, Benning tweets at him that he'd take TA if given the choice. That shut him up.

That right there.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacing...I can't handle getting hyped about playing Miami too soon...if we get started on Osborne going for two and losing, Schlesinger and the Pipeline punishing Ray Lewis, Warren Sap, Dwane "The Rock" Johnson and all those guys in the 4th Q of the 94 Orange Bowl, I'll burn the hell out because it's too intense. This has to be a Saturday morning thing and it's going to be fucking nuts again.

Here's a nod to Josh Mitchell for putting on a performance last year I'll remember forever. Picking up that ball Trevor Roach knocked loose and running it back. Grabbed that offensive linemen off of Randy Gregory and flattened him out. Beautiful stuff. That Husker crowd noise, holy shit.

Not to mention I won't be able to concentrate tomorrow at work. Miami do not like, can't wait.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to put that in the Canes Week thread....

May bad.

I like the month of May. The months I really hate are October and November, I have to rake the lawn for six weeks and I get a boatload of poison ivy. Good exercise though.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am i supposed to get any work done on top of the 2 meetings today..ugh.

guise...im seeing husker football in person tomorrow....i slept maybe an hour last night and probably wont tonight.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had turrible dreams last night.

2 pick 6's to start thee game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the month of May. The months I really hate are October and November, I have to rake the lawn for six weeks and I get a boatload of poison ivy. Good exercise though.

I like Oct/Nov.

College Football
Low heating and cooling bills.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am i supposed to get any work done on top of the 2 meetings today..ugh.

guise...im seeing husker football in person tomorrow....i slept maybe an hour last night and probably wont tonight.

When are you going to Miami? I'd be there today latest.