• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was supposed to do this last Tuesday.

Mack never like Chip all that much anyway...Chip is an asshole if you guise haven't figured that out yet.

He damaged Chippy's credibility all he could...and the university allowed him to do it. Heh.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, Chip does indeed have his issues. My point was, he's the only reporter around there, (other than Kirk Bohls of the Austin American Statesman newspaper, who I don't think would do any hard core digging anymore) who does not speak through the UT System Censor. He is not liked around there, because he's not a part of the machine.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, Thanks to Mack to for bringing the program out of the doldrums, and making it what it is today.

And I hope they find a good football coach to replace him, and let's move on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Has Saban SIGNED the new deal yet?

:typing:

Don't worry, NavyBlueNuke or whatever says Texas can still land Saban.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas coach Mack Brown steps down - CBSSports.com

The Mack Brown saga at Texas has taken another unexpected return as the school announced on Saturday night that Mack Brown is resigning from his position as head coach.

"Sally [Brown, his wife] and I were brought to Texas 16 years ago to pull together a football program that was divided," said Brown in the official release. "With a lot of passion, hard work and determination from the kids, coaches and staff, we did that. We built a strong football family, reached great heights and accomplished a lot, and for that, I thank everyone. It's been a wonderful ride. Now, the program is again being pulled in different directions, and I think the time is right for a change. I love The University of Texas, all of its supporters, the great fans and everyone that played and coached here. I can't thank DeLoss Dodds enough for bringing our family here, and Bill Powers and the administration for supporting us at a place where I have made lifelong friendships. It is the best coaching job and the premier football program in America. I sincerely want it to get back to the top and that's why I am stepping down after the bowl game. I hope with some new energy, we can get this thing rolling again."

Brown will coach Texas in the Alamo Bowl against Oregon.

During his 16 seasons Brown's Texas teams went 158-47 and won a national title in 2005, but it's his record of 30-20 in the last four seasons -- including a record of 18-17 in the Big 12 -- that did him in at the end.

As for who would replace Brown in Austin, well, Nick Saban just agreed to a contract extension at Alabama on Friday night, so you have to think he's out of the discussion. Of course, while it probably won't be Saban there will be no shortage of coaches interested in the job, and Texas has the money to go after whoever it wants.

It's been a pretty quiet December on the coaching carousel, but with the Texas job coming open that will change quickly as dominoes begin falling across the country.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, Chip does indeed have his issues. My point was, he's the only reporter around there, (other than Kirk Bohls of the Austin American Statesman newspaper, who I don't think would do any hard core digging anymore) who does not speak through the UT System Censor. He is not liked around there, because he's not a part of the machine.

Come on, Chip was wired into Deloss Dodds during the 2010 Big 12 summer drama. Deloss Dodds was feeding Chip Brown stuff every week. Yes, you can say Deloss Dodds did not do it, but he approved it.

Once Disney Bought the Texas Athletic Department on December 24, 2010, orangebloods(owned by Yahoo) was on the outs. Because only Disney approved Media was supposed to be used. Disney and Yahoo are competitors.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
headlines should read Mack Brown , being a true longhorn,, decided to wait until the night of the heisman trophy presentation to begrudgingly step down. A move that will tarnish the career of an otherwise classy man. wtf

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all true. That's why the radio station 1049 fired Ketchum (Rivals/Orangebloods) and Sean Adams left orangebloods for Espn Austin, and LHN.

There have always been some higher ups that fed stuff to CB, and he did apparently have a line to Dodds during realignment, and at other times. They obviously have used him to their advantage. You live in Austin? If you do, you know that getting anything that is not "approved by UT Athletics" is near impossible. CB at times was the only way to get anything at all from the inner sanctum. Unless you are someone who is in the inner circle, if you are just a regular fan/alum, you don't get squat. And I always take what he says cautiously. I think your view is colored by realignment, and the forever hatred by some Huskers/Horns toward each other. I'm not one of those, so I wont play.

In the end, he was right about Dodds, and he was right about Mack Brown. He is a somewhat annoying person, I'll give you that.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You.

Lets build the statue because you deserve one.

If there is a TEXAS Mount Rushmore, Mack Brown is rightfully on the monument.

COME and TAKE it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornsstampede

Good luck on the coaching search! From where I'm sitting you handled this whole issue better than the rest. You showed Mack respect he deserved and praise when he left. I hope this doesn't start a, we should have kept Brown saga, in the coming years, like so many programs have gone through and you recognized.
Good luck! :suds:

Cowboys1797

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this guy :lol:

Screenshot_2013-12-14-19-12-41-1_zpsb940pq9y.png

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How odd, I thought the gaggies had decided to ban the word 'defense', since their team sucked so bad at defense.