• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It Appears That the Bears Will Sign Albert Wilson

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man. I did. I was pretty much agreeing with you. Just adding on to your point by saying that there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell that 7-8 mil per year is in the cards for Wilson.

:suds:

All good man, and I surely hope we don't spend that much. I figure maybe $4.5 million for a guy like Wilson? I know we have a ton of cap space, but hope we know better than to go out and overpay for journeymen... Fingers crossed.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good man, and I surely hope we don't spend that much. I figure maybe $4.5 million for a guy like Wilson? I know we have a ton of cap space, but hope we know better than to go out and overpay for journeymen... Fingers crossed.
We will see. I'd be shocked if the Chiefs put up much of a fight over what is realistically a nice WR3 with how their cap looks; if they went after a guy or two in FA it wouldn't be Wilson. Anything below around 4.5M the Bears should probably be in on.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Landry reportedly wants 14-15 mil per...

The team who doles that out to him deserves whatever is coming to them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Landry reportedly wants 14-15 mil per...

The team who doles that out to him deserves whatever is coming to them.
Yeah, it's hilarious a glorified Albert Wilson (and the more I watch Landry that's exactly what he looks like to me) wants to be paid like he's an elite WR or shutdown CB. He gets targets because nobody else has been home most of the time and the coaches enable it. If he were so great, why isn't Miami interested in keeping him?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hilarious a glorified Albert Wilson (and the more I watch Landry that's exactly what he looks like to me) wants to be paid like he's an elite WR or shutdown CB. He gets targets because nobody else has been home most of the time and the coaches enable it. If he were so great, why isn't Miami interested in keeping him?
You know who puts up similar numbers to Landry? Christian McCaffrey, a rookie runningback... Just saying...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Landry reportedly wants 14-15 mil per... The team who doles that out to him deserves whatever is coming to them.
Looks like it was the Fins.
This puts Miami over their cap.

Truth be told I like Landry. (Not that I think he's worth $14 mill.)
Miami isn't exactly making smart decisions IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it was the Fins.
This puts Miami over their cap.

Truth be told I like Landry. (Not that I think he's worth $14 mill.)
Miami isn't exactly making smart decisions IMO.

Well, Miami tagged him... but many speculate that he could still be traded. Then, that team would have to pay him the long-term deal.

As for Miami, though. They're not a well run organization. They haven't been in decades.

They finally made a decent coaching hire (IMO). Yet, they repeat the same stupid mistakes in free agency and largely whiff in the draft.

Suh is likely to be released, simply because they can't afford to pay him. Why... why... why... do we still see talk about guys like OBJ getting 20 mil per? When we know damn well, every time you pay a non-QB "franchise QB" type money. It winds up HORRIBLY.

Even just a decent to solid QB like Alex Smith costs 23-25 mil per nowadays. Then, you're going to tie ANOTHER 20 mil per into a second player? You simply CANNOT have 40-50 mil per season tied up into two players. lol. You just can't. It will be the death of the rest of your roster.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Miami tagged him... but many speculate that he could still be traded. Then, that team would have to pay him the long-term deal.

As for Miami, though. They're not a well run organization. They haven't been in decades.

They finally made a decent coaching hire (IMO). Yet, they repeat the same stupid mistakes in free agency and largely whiff in the draft.

Suh is likely to be released, simply because they can't afford to pay him. Why... why... why... do we still see talk about guys like OBJ getting 20 mil per? When we know damn well, every time you pay a non-QB "franchise QB" type money. It winds up HORRIBLY.

Even just a decent to solid QB like Alex Smith costs 23-25 mil per nowadays. Then, you're going to tie ANOTHER 20 mil per into a second player? You simply CANNOT have 40-50 mil per season tied up into two players. lol. You just can't. It will be the death of the rest of your roster.
Thank god the browns fell on the Landry grenade for us.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the rest of the browns moves, I am actually starting to like the moves they are making. Kizer for Randall was a nice move, the Landry move kind of sucked, but the Taylor move gives them a mentor QB/bar to set for what ever qb they take in the draft. All together, their offense looks downright legit if they can protect Taylor. Gordon, Landry, and Coleman are all weapons in their own right. Barneidge is a good TE, and they could end up with their QB of the future and Barkley via the draft. If they can protect Taylor, that team will put a lot of points on the board.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barneidge is a good TE
Agree with everything you said 'cept this ^^^.
Barnidge didn't play last year.
They have the rookie Njoku and Devalve.
Don't forget they also added OC Todd Haley to their staff too.
Barkley, Gordon, Landry, Njoku... they may win that division.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch. I didn’t do any research before I made that post. Todd Haley as OC should get them scoring a lot of points. That defense will need to figure it out before they win the division though. Their draft is going to be very interesting.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coleman also returning at WR.

Gordon/Coleman on the outside, with Landry in the slot. Njoku at TE.

(Potentially) Barkley as the featured back, with Crowell as the passing down/change of pace back

Tyrod Taylor at QB, (potentially) with a Josh Allen/Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold waiting in the wings

An O-line piece or two as well... and boy. That's a formidable team. They made some defensive strides last year.

Pieces are in place.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapsheet reporting Miami is emerging as a favorite for Albert Wilson which

A) My guy was wrong :L

B) Would maybe indicate Wilson's market is starting to get a wee bit out of control.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapsheet reporting Miami is emerging as a favorite for Albert Wilson which

A) My guy was wrong :L

B) Would maybe indicate Wilson's market is starting to get a wee bit out of control.

Sucks...