• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A New Thread: The Schedule... (ominous music playing)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt a new thread was needed... I like to make threads. Nobody else seems to... no worries. Love you!

The Schedule. (* I feel there should be the Law and Order chime "don Don"... after anyone says that)

It was/is a brutal opening 3 weeks, it's looking even more ominous after seeing what the first first two weeks of the season has brought. Breaking up the schedule into 4 quarters. I was hopeful that they could whether the storm of the early season and piece together the some wins and upsets in the later months. With these early injuries (I'm still hopeful that players return...but it's nasty)

1st Quarter: GB, Cardinals, Seahawks, Raiders.
Half way through this first quarter, I will gladly take a 1-4 record. We've seen "some" improvement over the Packers compared to what we saw last year, but then came back to the shitpile against the Cardinals- though the offense did possess the ball and move it in the first half, the defense and special teams didn't do enough or completely failed. Now with the current injury losses to key starters Jay Cutler, Alshon Jeffery, and other minor injuries to key players: McPhee, Forte, Ego, and Royal. I don't see a lot of positives heading into a game IN Seattle. An 0-3 start is almost a guarantee. (but we kinda knew that going in)
updated note: How shitty is it that a player gets a $17,383 fine for a helmet to helmet hit, and yet there is no flag on the play?
Reason for Hope: The Bears signed a DT to add in the rotation of the DL. (Mitch Unrein) And Defensive leader J. Ratliff will return from suspension to face the Raiders. Do these two helping on the DL give them a boast? We can hope that Jay and Alshon only miss a game or two... if not it's going to be ugly.

2nd Quarter: Chiefs, Lions, Bye, Vikings, Chargers (2-2 with returning heath)
It's going to be difficult to make predictions this far out from these games- but based on the first 2 weeks all of these teams look like they could go either way for our Bears. I can see them beating the Lions and Vikings IF they have key members, Cutler and Jeffery back in the game...If not- it's another 1-3 quarter.
Reason for Hope: The bye week will come with many needing to heal up these minor dings and injuries- Forte, McPhee and Royal... if they can get back to closer to 100% they can be much more productive the rest of the way- ALSO the return of Kevin White COULD be there after the bye week. How much will a Rookie with no training camp coming off an injury really help remains to be seen. Do they even active him based on record? If he's cleared to play... he should play.

3rd Quarter: Rams, Broncos, Packers, 49ers (Best case scenario 2-2, more likely record 1-3)
I'm assuming a lot here 2+ months before we see these teams- And I'm hopeful that the team doesn't spiral down the drain like they did under Tresty... Wins against 49ers and....BRONCOS. A spoiler game for Fox/Gase... Would love to see them beat the Packers just once. We have no idea who will be healthy for any team at this time.
Reason For Hope: Speculating that the TEAM is seeing some of Fox & Fangio's methods and "getting it" more. AND they will see that Fox doesn't have a problem with accountability unlike his predecessor. Does a player emerge at this point in the season? Anyone... could start to become a thing. Finding players for future success will be key for the second half of the season. Who's healthy for and against will be deciding factor.

4th Quarter: Washington's Football Team, Vikings, Bucs, Lions (Best case scenario 3-1, worse case 1-3)
Again- no way to know this far out... I can see a wins against Washington and Bucs... I can't see the Bears going 0-6 against all NFC North teams. The Vikings and Lions could be splits. I also don't see more then 1 team making the Playoffs out of the conference. (GB)
Reason for Hope: Health, spoiler mentality, fighting for next years roster spots. We have so many 1-year contracts that many guys will (if they haven't already in this point of the year) will be motivated to secure another contract.

Best case scenario for year, as of now: 8-8... and that's a stretch. Worse case: 4-12 IMO. This schedule is brutal.
Can they go 5-3 in the second half? I just don't see them simply folding/quitting like they did last year.
Reason for Pessimism: If they lose major starters for significant time... they could be looking at 2 wins...max.
Reason for Hope: Healthy returns for Cutler, Buy-In to current systems, and embrace spoiler mentality. They need to show something.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: it's VERY possible we could be heading into the Bye week without a single win. With the injuries we have and the lack of drafted talent to fill in, it's very possible they don't win.

Now... up to this point I don't see the team quitting on Fox, Gase, Fangio like they did on Trestman. Something is telling me that coaching group won't let it happen and their DOES seem to be a more positive understanding to the team. Watching a 2 or 3 win team will suck for sure.

With Trestman last year- EVERYTHING was just...off. It was ODD. It was HUGE disaster after flaming piles of crap Bad... It was strange press conferences and stupid comments about "Good weeks of practice" and absolutely ZERO accountability of off field behavior, On field mistakes and coaches throwing players under the bus. It was a VERY toxic environment surrounding the whole franchise last year. And if that continued they would be failing for years upon years.
This is different- We've already seen them play harder in the first two games- I don't even feel that the Arizona game was a "blow out" like I felt after some games last year. A KO return, some HUGE yardage PI calls, and a bad interception w/ injury to starter created that score. That is a different game if Jay doesn't get hurt. And they Don't commit ONE of those PI's. Probably not a win... but not like last year.

Last year: We had 15 yards of open space between WR's and Bears coverage.
This year: We have had- tight coverage with great throws/catches. And bad Pass Interference plays.

Last year: we had poor play calls and multiple punts- failing to get first downs and zero running game.
This year: We have had, dominate time of possession, good to great running games and decent play calls. (with starting caliber players)

Last year: We saw the snowball effect when the team was down. Causing MORE turnovers, forced throws, bad angles, terrible tackling.
This year: We have seen SOME fight left in players.

Tomorrow's game against Seattle will probably play out like the national media and fans predict. With Pickle throwing at least one pick and probably leaving the game with a concussion.
I just hate the idea of tanking for draft picks- we still have 14 games. Let's see what happens. Drink some beers, eat some chicken wings and try and enjoy it.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your post, agree with your assessment. Just one thing: If you are too caught up in the liberal pc shit to type Washington Redskins, don't bother typing at all. Fucking coward.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your post, agree with your assessment. Just one thing: If you are too caught up in the liberal pc shit to type Washington Redskins, don't bother typing at all. Fucking coward.

That was literally the only thing I saw. The rest of it was blurry, but that sentence was in font-size 11.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for reading, and agreeing. Cheers!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIBERALS? Sorry but without liberals this country would still be riding horse and buggys......i dont think the liberals are the only group that has a problem with the Redskins name... I'm liberal in many ways, as are you and it doesn't bother me

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIBERALS? Sorry but without liberals this country would still be riding horse and buggys......i dont think the liberals are the only group that has a problem with the Redskins name... I'm liberal in many ways, as are you and it doesn't bother me

Whatever males you sleep better at night.