• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Zach LaVine better than Andrew Wiggins?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a hot topic thus far,

1. Is Zach LaVine better than Andrew Wiggins?
2. Should the T-Wolves trade Wiggins and build around Zach and KAT?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant believe LaVine is still only 21 as well....

just keep em all....this team is just loaded with talent- although if push came to shove id still probably defer to Wiggins since his ceiling is an All Nba player- he hasnt even begun to tap his potential as a defender yet.

Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Dunn....id give them another couple years before i broke anything up. Considering the amount of payroll flexibility they have since they basically have no vets on contract- they are in great shape.

I mean- i think only Philly can really rival that amt. of young talent in the league. If they want to compete early- then maybe trade one of them- but damn....

Having Towns is the most important thing though- hes has top 10 player - if not top 5- written all over him- itll take some time to get there...but hes a stud. LaVine, Wiggins and Dunn all have great great potential- but Towns is THE guy.

actually WINNING games around a 21 year old big man doesnt happen often. Its just not there year. Develop the guys- let Thibs get his system in- and then jump back in free agency this summer. They still have Rubio as a nice trade asset as well- and i think they have extra draft picks to deal as well.

the Sixers and Twolves are just flat out- set up big time.....tons of elite level young talent, tons of payroll flexibility, and tons of draft pick capital to round out the roster either via players or trade.

I think both teams are still just a year or two away.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who's young talent would you rather have?

the Sixers or Twolves?

Sixers:

Embiid
Simmons
Okafor
Noel
Saric
Covington

Twolves:
Towns
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn
Shabazz
Dieng

i think a knee jerk reaction would defer to the Twolves- and i think i am leaning that way--- but how Embiid has performed has got me hesitating. The guy is a 7 foot monster that defends the rim and can hit 3's...and we havent even seen Simmons yet and hes the best player to come out in the last couple years supposedly.

Id still prob. go Twolves- but i think its really close.....of course it depends a lot on how those guys continue to develop/health......I mean- who knows with guys like Dunn and Saric- 2 players i really really liked coming into the draft- its just too soon to tell on those type of guys.

but when you look at guys like Towns and Embiid- you can see the flat out out of this world talent each possesses.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's young talent would you rather have?

the Sixers or Twolves?

Sixers:

Embiid
Simmons
Okafor
Noel
Saric
Covington

Twolves:
Towns
Wiggins
LaVine
Dunn
Shabazz
Dieng

i think a knee jerk reaction would defer to the Twolves- and i think i am leaning that way--- but how Embiid has performed has got me hesitating. The guy is a 7 foot monster that defends the rim and can hit 3's...and we havent even seen Simmons yet and hes the best player to come out in the last couple years supposedly.

Id still prob. go Twolves- but i think its really close.....of course it depends a lot on how those guys continue to develop/health......I mean- who knows with guys like Dunn and Saric- 2 players i really really liked coming into the draft- its just too soon to tell on those type of guys.

but when you look at guys like Towns and Embiid- you can see the flat out out of this world talent each possesses.

The reason I take the Wolves here, other than being a homer obviously, is that the Wolves young talent is varied and covers every position. The 76ers talent is mostly loaded in the front court.

This can't really be compared until the 76ers move some of the congestion and we know what they having coming back in it's place.

Embiid is the best player on that list though, if his health stays good he will be the best player in the league one day I think.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lavine is probably better. Wiggins potential still has a higher ceiling, but as of today Lavine scores more efficiently and neither is really a plus on D

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is what would the Wolves do with a Top 10 pick (late Top 10)? Use it, or trade for veteran help?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe LaVine is still only 21 as well....

just keep em all....this team is just loaded with talent- although if push came to shove id still probably defer to Wiggins since his ceiling is an All Nba player- he hasnt even begun to tap his potential as a defender yet.

Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Dunn....id give them another couple years before i broke anything up. Considering the amount of payroll flexibility they have since they basically have no vets on contract- they are in great shape.

I mean- i think only Philly can really rival that amt. of young talent in the league. If they want to compete early- then maybe trade one of them- but damn....

Having Towns is the most important thing though- hes has top 10 player - if not top 5- written all over him- itll take some time to get there...but hes a stud. LaVine, Wiggins and Dunn all have great great potential- but Towns is THE guy.

actually WINNING games around a 21 year old big man doesnt happen often. Its just not there year. Develop the guys- let Thibs get his system in- and then jump back in free agency this summer. They still have Rubio as a nice trade asset as well- and i think they have extra draft picks to deal as well.

the Sixers and Twolves are just flat out- set up big time.....tons of elite level young talent, tons of payroll flexibility, and tons of draft pick capital to round out the roster either via players or trade.

I think both teams are still just a year or two away.
But you didn't answer: Is LaVine better than Wiggins?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you didn't answer: Is LaVine better than Wiggins?
right now today? i dont know if its a relevant question because they are not going anywhere anyway. Its all about the future there and if you are debating about trading one you are going to do that based upon what you think they will do in the future- as its not like it matters right now.

If i had to win one game tomorrow and had to pick one- id prob still pick Wiggins but its prob pretty close.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards Lavine at the moment. Lavine was supposedly more "raw" but is progressing faster.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is what would the Wolves do with a Top 10 pick (late Top 10)? Use it, or trade for veteran help?

If Giles falls to them take him, if not trade it for a PF. They really need a Power forward so Dieng can become the 3rd big off the bench. They need a Unicorn, a rim protecting PF that hits the 3. Ibaka seems like the beginning and end of that list....I might be missing some others though.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giles falls to them take him, if not trade it for a PF. They really need a Power forward so Dieng can become the 3rd big off the bench. They need a Unicorn, a rim protecting PF that hits the 3. Ibaka seems like the beginning and end of that list....I might be missing some others though.

They just gave Dieng a decent sized contract, one that wouldn't indicate 3rd big guy off bench

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Wiggins has regressed as bad as he has on defense, dude looked like an elite defender at Kansas.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just gave Dieng a decent sized contract, one that wouldn't indicate 3rd big guy off bench

I don't think that is necessarily true. Coming off the bench does not mean he does not play, as the primary bench reserve he still gets 27-32 minutes a night, that is not crazy for 16m a year in the new Collective Bargaining agreement. As he can play the 4 or 5 it makes him valuable to plug in wherever needed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I like Lavine better. He can do more with the ball offensively. But if we're being fair in a total evaluation, Wiggins is probably slightly better overall right now as he's a bit better defensively.

And you'd be nuts to trade any of them right now. Hold onto the as long as possible. Hell, the way the new CBA is, they are far more likely to resign with the team and force a trade if they really wanted out so the chances of you losing them in FA is almost zero. So really there is little to no reason to ever break them up right now