• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is tHoopla ready for the Super Bowl?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw what happened during the national championship game between tOSU & Oregon. I'm wondering if we're going to see a repeat of this during the Super Bowl, where SportsHoopla traffic is once again expected to skyrocket. I'm not tech expert so I don't really know what could be done, just wondering if tHoopla is anticipating the problem and trying to prepare for it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone will be at a bar or a superbowl party unlike the college title game so I doubt it

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw what happened during the national championship game between tOSU & Oregon. I'm wondering if we're going to see a repeat of this during the Super Bowl, where SportsHoopla traffic is once again expected to skyrocket. I'm not tech expert so I don't really know what could be done, just wondering if tHoopla is anticipating the problem and trying to prepare for it.

The hoop was fine during that game and this would be no exception, however this place won't have much action during the game. You can bet most of the fans of both teams will be involved in some crazy parties. No way I'll be online during or even shortly after the game no matter what happens. Have a dozen people coming over and I'm smoking ribs and have other surprises for our guests.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the issues with the site that night had nothing to do with volume. It was an unrelated server problem. This site has had MANY more on at once than that night. It was seriously not related, just super fucking bad timing for server issues.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hoop was fine during that game and this would be no exception, however this place won't have much action during the game. You can bet most of the fans of both teams will be involved in some crazy parties. No way I'll be online during or even shortly after the game no matter what happens. Have a dozen people coming over and I'm smoking ribs and have other surprises for our guests.

The server crashed(database server I think it was actually if this is on a cluster as I suspect) during the NCG because of so many people posting at once.

Edit: Well nevermind then.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad people are optimistic about this, but I also hope that the people who run this site take precautions anyway.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone will be at a bar or a superbowl party unlike the college title game so I doubt it

I agree. Me Chief and Petty Officers in HMCS Dockyard( Canadian Military Base. My dad serves in the Navy) but i'll make sure to check in to the Hoop. Just for you sir ;)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad people are optimistic about this, but I also hope that the people who run this site take precautions anyway.

You aren't reading what I'm saying. There was a server back end problem that came up at the time of the game. It had ZERO to do with how many were on. Look at the site history and there have been many times there were more on than that night. We were talking to Hammer at the time of these issues and he had a server tech working on the problem. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be. There wasn't anything close to enough people to cause issues on that night.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Hammer will have the right solutions to the technical problems that might occur during the game.
I wonder if the Patriots are scoring and the load is heavy, he might deflate the servers?????

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Hammer will have the right solutions to the technical problems that might occur during the game.
I wonder if the Patriots are scoring and the load is heavy, he might deflate the servers?????

:pound: