• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This Real About Kelenic?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Mariners. Can't get out if their own way. This franchise is so snake bitten...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t a good way to do this interview but man this is embarrassing. If there were ever a time to completely throw someone under the bus, back up, and run over him again this was the time but nope it was a thank you. It hasn’t ended yet but so far a token apology to players and dismissive of broken trust with the fans.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its painful to listen to. Stanton has no pulse on this fanbase and he is completely side stepping and using cliches for every answer

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly understand the Mariners' desire to keep Jared Kelenic under control for an additional season, but if he is ready to play at the big league level today, let him play. Its all about putting the best available team on the field without regard for what might happen in 5 or 6 years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly understand the Mariners' desire to keep Jared Kelenic under control for an additional season, but if he is ready to play at the big league level today, let him play. Its all about putting the best available team on the field without regard for what might happen in 5 or 6 years.
Obviously you are not familiar with Mariners Management/Ownership...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read most of this Mariners Mess earlier but couldn't post because I went to surprise my grandson when he got home from school only to find out he got put on the wrong bus. He is 6 and it scared me to death when he didn't step off his bus. 40 minutes later they brought him home...crazy.

As far as the M's go, I agree with the post of M's letting him walk instead of canning his ass and making a statement. This org has been accused of so many things in the last 10 years and this just added one more death nail to their reputation. From everything I have read on Mathers (and I read a lot) his is a grade A d-bag. He is a privileged s.o.b. who says rude comments but backs it up by saying "I am only saying what I think". Saying what you think instead of lying is great. Saying what you think without being concerned of others feelings is just crude and abusive. If Theo Epstein was ever truly wanted by the M's, this is the time to go get him. I know he is working for MLB, but he can leave that gig in a second with no issues and MLB would probably welcome it. They need credibility and they need it fast.

Damn this off season has been so Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read most of this Mariners Mess earlier but couldn't post because I went to surprise my grandson when he got home from school only to find out he got put on the wrong bus. He is 6 and it scared me to death when he didn't step off his bus. 40 minutes later they brought him home...crazy.

As far as the M's go, I agree with the post of M's letting him walk instead of canning his ass and making a statement. This org has been accused of so many things in the last 10 years and this just added one more death nail to their reputation. From everything I have read on Mathers (and I read a lot) his is a grade A d-bag. He is a privileged s.o.b. who says rude comments but backs it up by saying "I am only saying what I think". Saying what you think instead of lying is great. Saying what you think without being concerned of others feelings is just crude and abusive. If Theo Epstein was ever truly wanted by the M's, this is the time to go get him. I know he is working for MLB, but he can leave that gig in a second with no issues and MLB would probably welcome it. They need credibility and they need it fast.

Damn this off season has been so Mariners.
You really think Theo or any other real candidate will take the job? I can’t see anyone in baseball besides Larussa, but he is gone, that would want to touch this job right now. I equate this to a college coach taking a job when the NCAA is investigating the school and he isn’t sure if sanctions are coming or not.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Theo or any other real candidate will take the job? I can’t see anyone in baseball besides Larussa, but he is gone, that would want to touch this job right now. I equate this to a college coach taking a job when the NCAA is investigating the school and he isn’t sure if sanctions are coming or not.
If the money is right and complete control is given, yes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the money is right and complete control is given, yes.
But complete control would mean letting go of Jerry wouldn’t it? If all baseball operations run through him then not sure there is a point of a seasoned GM.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But complete control would mean letting go of Jerry wouldn’t it? If all baseball operations run through him then not sure there is a point of a seasoned GM.
No. Complete control of the business side with obvious input on the baseball side such as call ups and payroll limits.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Complete control of the business side with obvious input on the baseball side such as call ups and payroll limits.
I like the idea of Theo but I can’t see he and Jerry working. I can’t see a lot people working with Jerry though unless it is control of the business side. But if they have learned anything (which we know they won’t) IMO they should not hire another CFO as President. Keep those two positions apart. How I would like to see it restructured (hell I don’t even know if they have a CFO) but I would like it to go from Jerry to the President to Stanton and Co to the CFO then go backwards.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the more Mariner things about this, not that there isnt a long list, is that this is just gonna create a further divide between the owners and MLBPA going into an offseason in which the Mariners are supposedly finally ready to compete. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the more Mariner things about this, not that there isnt a long list, is that this is just gonna create a further divide between the owners and MLBPA going into an offseason in which the Mariners are supposedly finally ready to compete. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.
A thing that he created a divide with the owners and umpires association as well by saying the electronic strike zone is happening in two years. He really torched the owners ability to negotiate with any strength. Usually the public sides with the owners because they just want to see sports but both unions can just play Mather’s tape on loop during every press conference they have.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Theo but I can’t see he and Jerry working. I can’t see a lot people working with Jerry though unless it is control of the business side. But if they have learned anything (which we know they won’t) IMO they should not hire another CFO as President. Keep those two positions apart. How I would like to see it restructured (hell I don’t even know if they have a CFO) but I would like it to go from Jerry to the President to Stanton and Co to the CFO then go backwards.
Ya I have no idea if they could work together either. I actually doubt it. It seems their personalities are a lot different from each other. The good newsies that 1- I am not in love with DIPoto as GM and 2- Epstein is way too smart to come to this sinking ship.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I have no idea if they could work together either. I actually doubt it. It seems their personalities are a lot different from each other. The good newsies that 1- I am not in love with DIPoto as GM and 2- Epstein is way too smart to come to this sinking ship.
A wild rumor that was talked about today is Theo has a group who is interested in ownership. Mather should be forced to sell his shares in the club and theoretically he could just slide into that spot. Though I can’t imagine Theo would ever come in just to be the President of the club. President of insert whatever and President of baseball operations sure, but IMO is you can’t really be a legit President of operations if you have a GM like Jerry. A Jack Z, Bavasi, or some young Theo type GM, sure but not one with ADD like Jerry.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wild rumor that was talked about today is Theo has a group who is interested in ownership. Mather should be forced to sell his shares in the club and theoretically he could just slide into that spot. Though I can’t imagine Theo would ever come in just to be the President of the club. President of insert whatever and President of baseball operations sure, but IMO is you can’t really be a legit President of operations if you have a GM like Jerry. A Jack Z, Bavasi, or some young Theo type GM, sure but not one with ADD like Jerry.
Agreed with the GM part.

Ownership would be a great way to get him here. Theo would be the opposite type President than Mather as far as job duties so a GM would have to be willing assistant type to Theo which there are a lot of those guys out there and quality ones at that. This should be interesting which is a Mariner thing as well. Off field more interesting than on field.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the Mariner Moose. Hell, he probably pissed off Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too. And Luke Skywalker. He's perfect for this dumbass organization.