• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This Real About Kelenic?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I am not seeing the next Griffey by any means. Well maybe Griffey Sr. and that wouldn't be all that bad. I say he will be a .256/40 HR/90 RBI guy in a couple years. Iffy defense and is a fiery guy which can either make him better or burn him out.
I am seeing more a more Lenny Dykstra out of him. .300 plus, around 15 home runs, 80 RBI’s and 30 stolen bases. Though I am still on record of saying I prefer him in CF and Lewis in LF.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing more a more Lenny Dykstra out of him. .300 plus, around 15 home runs, 80 RBI’s and 30 stolen bases. Though I am still on record of saying I prefer him in CF and Lewis in LF.
I think .300 is a bit lofty goal for a pull hitter. I hope you are right, but I personally don't see it. And remember a guy like Bryce Harper is a career .276 hitter and I am not sure he is as good as Harper at any point in his career. And I hate watching him on defense. He is shaky as it gets for an actual outfielder and not one of our infielder to outfielder guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I looked up Dykstra and he played 12 years and only had two seasons where he hit double figures in homers. He had a 10 homer year then eight years later had a 19. Pretty sad for a roid guy.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he would sign that contract now. I joke but I'm not worried about him. He'll start to hit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I looked up Dykstra and he played 12 years and only had two seasons where he hit double figures in homers. He had a 10 homer year then eight years later had a 19. Pretty sad for a roid guy.
I wasn’t meaning to use him specifically, it was just more of the lefty and how he will have to “scrappy” The hardest thing for Kelenic is that he is so talented, but IMO baseball is so under educated now that home runs are the end all be all (which he has to fight that as well) He isn’t tearing it up but he isn’t getting over matched and is getting out on solid hits.

But I will disagree. Dykstra is one of the most impressive players IMO in baseball history. Most human beings could never be able to have a career with all of the cocaine he was taking. Steroids are one thing, but dude could barely read and made millions.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I am not seeing the next Griffey by any means. Well maybe Griffey Sr. and that wouldn't be all that bad. I say he will be a .256/40 HR/90 RBI guy in a couple years. Iffy defense and is a fiery guy which can either make him better or burn him out.
It’s really gonna come down to how he handles failure. I’m sure he has never had to deal with even a bad week stretch in his life. You can tell he’s starting to get a bit frustrated. I couldn’t watch a ton this weekend but seems like he’s just getting under pitches up in the zone

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree either with this. Especially with Lewis’ knee being iffy. Lewis has actually developed decently so far so it gives me hope that they maybe knows slightly what they are doing

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will disagree. Dykstra is one of the most impressive players IMO in baseball history. Most human beings could never be able to have a career with all of the cocaine he was taking. Steroids are one thing, but dude could barely read and made millions.
And blew it all in record time but got a free vacation via the government with a workout room and everything.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really gonna come down to how he handles failure. I’m sure he has never had to deal with even a bad week stretch in his life. You can tell he’s starting to get a bit frustrated. I couldn’t watch a ton this weekend but seems like he’s just getting under pitches up in the zone
I agree with the failure part. But I hate to bring up the past but we have had a bad history of guys not being able to do that (Ackley, Montero, Zunino). I think Griffey said it right yesterday and the at is he needs to just go have fun and relax. He is very high strung which I like for intensity but hate for frustration. Once he learns to even it out, I think we find out who he is. We may be a bit disappointed with all the hype, but I think he will be a decent player. I just don't see him as a decent CF option. Very slow first step and iffy ball skills.

Now the one thing I don't understand is how the Mariners protected him from all the pressures and didn't bring him up earlier yet when they do they put him right in the leadoff spot and not protect him by batting him in the bottom half. Now if they move him, it will be an ego crusher.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the one thing I don't understand is how the Mariners protected him from all the pressures and didn't bring him up earlier yet when they do they put him right in the leadoff spot and not protect him by batting him in the bottom half. Now if they move him, it will be an ego crusher.
Now I just read this.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree either with this. Especially with Lewis’ knee being iffy. Lewis has actually developed decently so far so it gives me hope that they maybe knows slightly what they are doing
Oh FFS did I really do that

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And blew it all in record time but got a free vacation via the government with a workout room and everything.
Sure, but was still very impressive that a coked out dude like that, that could barely ready put himself in the situation to go to prison. I am not saying it’s admirable, but it is impressive.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice on quite a few at bats of Kelenic that the best pitch to hit he seems to be taking very early in the count ( 1st or 2nd pitch )
He has bought into our team mantra of 'control the zone'

he needs to just relax and start getting after the best hittable pitch he sees before falling behind in the count. He IS NOT a good 2 strike hitter. Often he goes fishing for balls off the plate when he gets 2 strikes on him.

I am alarmed by his swing to contact ratio. He doesn't hit many barreled up balls in play or hard foul balls for that matter.

he is a true hitter and will sooner or later find his comfort zone and start raking on occasion.
Hell even Mike Trout was sent back down to AAA for a couple months after his initial call up years ago. And it was for offensive reasons also.

I think his 5yr career numbers will be approx: .285 avg - 25-32 HRs and close to 90 rbi ea season avg over his 1st 5yrs in the show.

He will not resign or extend with the Mariners. He will chase the money as well as an opportunity to play for a contendor.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everybody is right about this.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everybody is right about this.

I mean what choice do they have. Let him try it, I really do not think Lewis should play CF anymore.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what choice do they have. Let him try it, I really do not think Lewis should play CF anymore.
We do have a choice in Trammell, but with the situation of Lewis being out they might as well give him the job. As far as Lewis needing to change positions tisane his health, I have no clue on that. It was such a freak thing that it wouldn't have mattered where he was playing when this happened. It could have happened when running bases just as easy. It might just be a thing to deal with for the rest of his career. He is too good of a young man to deserve his back luck. I really hope for his sake this is the last of his health problems.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have a choice in Trammell, but with the situation of Lewis being out they might as well give him the job. As far as Lewis needing to change positions tisane his health, I have no clue on that. It was such a freak thing that it wouldn't have mattered where he was playing when this happened. It could have happened when running bases just as easy. It might just be a thing to deal with for the rest of his career. He is too good of a young man to deserve his back luck. I really hope for his sake this is the last of his health problems.
If its something surgery can fix, I wouldnt mind it just happening at this point. Between Trammell and Kelenic I'm ok giving both a shot, from what little I saw of Trammell earlier, his arm isnt great but he might have the range.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, at this time it does not look like Kelenic is quite ready for the bigs. He has not done well in this trial. Hopefully, a short stay in AAA will get him back on track and he'll take off.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling when Kelenic does make it back up he'll mash the ball. I'm not worried about this start.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Trout had a .220 BA in his first look at MLB pitching. Obviously, he was not really ready for the bigs, but did OK after his first taste.