• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This a Great Picture?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO!!! Fricken Vernon. That is just hilarious!! As I recall, he nearly dropped that pass...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought you'd think it was funny. When I saw it today I busted out laughing.

Yeah, when he does that, I just shake my head - I don't get it, unless there is a need to jump, I can't understand what that does for him.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, when he does that, I just shake my head - I don't get it, unless there is a need to jump, I can't understand what that does for him.

My friends and I when we were little kids caught the ball like that but we grew out of it. I guess Vernon never did. I don't think a lot of the athletic stuff in football comes naturally to him. He seems very stiff.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who looks more goofier, Vernon Davis jumping or Ted Ginn closing his eyes when they're catching...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My friends and I when we were little kids caught the ball like that but we grew out of it. I guess Vernon never did. I don't think a lot of the athletic stuff in football comes naturally to him. He seems very stiff.

And his coaches must have thought it didn't hurt, or perhaps even helped his catching; which, to your point is, at times, not very pretty to watch. I agree he is not very smooth or athletic looking.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Always amusing to see people here talking about how poor VD is at his job and how he could do it better. I am amazed that you all don't have NFL coaching jobs.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Unathletic...Yeah, that is the word I would use to describe VD.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Always amusing to see people here talking about how poor VD is at his job and how he could do it better. I am amazed that you all don't have NFL coaching jobs.

I know right? I fully expect the Raiders to start asking a few of us to come in for interviews...

Ok in all seriousness how do you equate knowing that a receiver shouldn't jump when he catches the ball to being able to be a Head Coach?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

It shows a lack of coordination. If his feet are in the air he doesn't have to worry about what the lower half of his body is doing; in fact he can just go limp in his legs & feet for a split second when he catches the ball & it wouldn't affect his ability to catch it.

It does, however, affect his ability to go anywhere with it. I've always said Davis should do dancing in the offseason to help with his foot placement, balance & coordination as long as he doens't take lessons from Victor Cruz. :)

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know right? I fully expect the Raiders to start asking a few of us to come in for interviews...

Ok in all seriousness how do you equate knowing that a receiver shouldn't jump when he catches the ball to being able to be a Head Coach?

I didn't say head coach and the only people I have seen criticize Davis for this has been a few posters on this board.

The Davis criticism is too much here.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is what I would call a "stiff athlete". He's definitely athletic, but he's very robotic in his movements.

Does that make him slow or affect his routes negatively or make him a poor blocker?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps someone could post a link to a site showing that he led the league in drops one week four years ago to illustrate their point about his abilities.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It shows a lack of coordination. If his feet are in the air he doesn't have to worry about what the lower half of his body is doing; in fact he can just go limp in his legs & feet for a split second when he catches the ball & it wouldn't affect his ability to catch it.

It does, however, affect his ability to go anywhere with it. I've always said Davis should do dancing in the offseason to help with his foot placement, balance & coordination as long as he doens't take lessons from Victor Cruz. :)

For whatever reason he does it, it looks very awkward and as Clyde said, robotic.