• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is This a Great Picture?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weird that I love a great 49er player? I won't apologize for that but thanks for your concern pal.

My comment on the drops links is in regard to a link posted by someone here titled VERNON DAVIS LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPS and the poster cited numbers from the link as current stats. It turned out that the link was from mid season years ago.

Yes, very much so. Man worship is always seen as weird. Its the team, not the players.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, pretty creepy if I might add. Anytime anyone says the slightest thing about him you take it to heart and argue uncontrollably about everyone else being wrong about a statistical fact that's in your face. Then to top it off, you hold grudges about FACTS that were said about your love affair that makes you bring up subtle shit from time to time, twist the point to try and make everyone else the crazy one. I have to call you out on this one, you know that's bullshit.

Every person on this message board is huge fans of every single person on this team, just because we don't beat off to their posters on the wall like you do doesn't mean that we're not huge fans.
:loco2:

I have commented about how I think the criticism is excessive in two threads and I had forgotten that it was you that posted a thread from midseason 2009 and tried to pass off the information as current.

What the fuck is with all the personal attack bullshit?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The link proved my point even more to the original poster that I was talking to that said VD would be the greatest te ever if he had Brady. I was explaining to him that he drops the ball too much, every season. He's always been in the top 1/4 of the league in drops. Even during the draft process that was one of the knocks on him.

Why did you post a link from midseason 2009 and cite the statistics from that link? That is all I wanted to know in that other thread. You could have just said "Oh, I thought those were current numbers but they do show that he was a league leader in drops at one point in 2009."

It really isn;t all that important, no need to get all defensive about it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have commented about how I think the criticism is excessive in two threads and I had forgotten that it was you that posted a thread from midseason 2009 and tried to pass off the information as current.

What the fuck is with all the personal attack bullshit?

You attacked first. I had no problem with you until you brought the dumb shit you were talking before.

In the underlined you AGAIN show everyone just how slow you are. Again, it didn't matter that the link had the wrong heading, it also had this season stats too. I wish it would've had his whole career drops for me to show the guy that Vernon can't ever be the greatest because his hands aren't good enough.

I'll leave it alone now because your as close to talking to a child as it gets around here and I'd rather go play on the leap pad with my 5 year old daughter.

GO NINERS !!!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, very much so. Man worship is always seen as weird. Its the team, not the players.

I can root for the laundry and have adoration for great players. Lott, Montana, Rice, Young, Taylor...Love em all.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You attacked first. I had no problem with you until you brought the dumb shit you were talking before.

In the underlined you AGAIN show everyone just how slow you are. Again, it didn't matter that the link had the wrong heading, it also had this season stats too. I wish it would've had his whole career drops for me to show the guy that Vernon can't ever be the greatest because his hands aren't good enough.

I'll leave it alone now because your as close to talking to a child as it gets around here and I'd rather go play on the leap pad with my 5 year old daughter.

GO NINERS !!!

I didn't attack you personally and I agreed with you that VD would never be the greatest ever.

Now can you get over it?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like people think Smith got unfairly criticized for all those years, I think VD and Crabtree get too much heat here at times and I guess that makes me sound defensive.

You're right that they did, and they do. I think it is mostly because they were both drafted to save the 49ers dreadful passing game, and it just never happened.

After watching that video where Joe Montana sat down and watched the tapes, and then said that the offense sucked. I feel that the criticism for Smith, Davis, and Crabtree is because they were all drafted to turn the offense back into the envy of the entire NFL, and since they haven't delivered, they get knit-picked so much it is sort of ridiculous, and I'm absolutely guilty of knit-picking all three at times, I'm all about joining the mob.:lm:

The thing that maybe none of us realized, is that maybe only Peyton Manning, Rob Gronkowski, and Calvin Johnson could have met our expectations with how "sucky" the 49ers offense was (To steal Montana's opinion) where the only way to get open in 2007-2010 was to simply be uncoverable with a QB who can deliver all day long.

Think about how silly some of the circumstances are, Alex Smith and Vernon Davis figure each other out, which leads to a record setting year for VD... and the next year, Singletary decides that Crabtree should be the big target because his vision is big #1 WR, instead of big #1TE, and it leads to INT after INT as Smith forces it to Crabs in a craptastic offense. I can't remember the exact stat, but last year something like 5 of Smith's first 7 INTs were bad passes to Crabtree as Smith forced passes into coverage to satisfy Singletary. Instead of just adding Crabtree as icing to the cake that Smith and VD just made... and hoping that maybe Crabtree would step into the #1 WR spot, and force the offense to revolve around him. I mean, really, who does that?? That would have been like the Chiefs saying, "Fuck you Tony G, we want our best weapon to be a #1WR not a TE, so we're going away from you to force it to him..."

Is it unfair to Davis and Crabtree? Sure, but it seems like a lot of the criticism to 49ers players on offense is unfair, they have to live up to so much. Plus, it is easy to forget about how shitty the entire offensive scheme has been the last few years... hell, Harbaugh and Co. just slapped us all in the face and reminded us that coaching and scheme are every bit as important as being an extremely talented player, arguably even more important.

If the 49ers are lucky enough to keep Harbaugh and Roman together for say, 3-5 years, I would be willing to bet that by the end of that, we'd all be glad the team didn't give up on Smith/VD/Crabs, who have all been called busts as they were each screwed by changing OC's every single year.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right that they did, and they do. I think it is mostly because they were both drafted to save the 49ers dreadful passing game, and it just never happened.

After watching that video where Joe Montana sat down and watched the tapes, and then said that the offense sucked. I feel that the criticism for Smith, Davis, and Crabtree is because they were all drafted to turn the offense back into the envy of the entire NFL, and since they haven't delivered, they get knit-picked so much it is sort of ridiculous, and I'm absolutely guilty of knit-picking all three at times, I'm all about joining the mob.:lm:

The thing that maybe none of us realized, is that maybe only Peyton Manning, Rob Gronkowski, and Calvin Johnson could have met our expectations with how "sucky" the 49ers offense was (To steal Montana's opinion) where the only way to get open in 2007-2010 was to simply be uncoverable with a QB who can deliver all day long.

Think about how silly some of the circumstances are, Alex Smith and Vernon Davis figure each other out, which leads to a record setting year for VD... and the next year, Singletary decides that Crabtree should be the big target because his vision is big #1 WR, instead of big #1TE, and it leads to INT after INT as Smith forces it to Crabs in a craptastic offense. I can't remember the exact stat, but last year something like 5 of Smith's first 7 INTs were bad passes to Crabtree as Smith forced passes into coverage to satisfy Singletary. Instead of just adding Crabtree as icing to the cake that Smith and VD just made... and hoping that maybe Crabtree would step into the #1 WR spot, and force the offense to revolve around him. I mean, really, who does that?? That would have been like the Chiefs saying, "Fuck you Tony G, we want our best weapon to be a #1WR not a TE, so we're going away from you to force it to him..."

Is it unfair to Davis and Crabtree? Sure, but it seems like a lot of the criticism to 49ers players on offense is unfair, they have to live up to so much. Plus, it is easy to forget about how shitty the entire offensive scheme has been the last few years... hell, Harbaugh and Co. just slapped us all in the face and reminded us that coaching and scheme are every bit as important as being an extremely talented player, arguably even more important.

If the 49ers are lucky enough to keep Harbaugh and Roman together for say, 3-5 years, I would be willing to bet that by the end of that, we'd all be glad the team didn't give up on Smith/VD/Crabs, who have all been called busts as they were each screwed by changing OC's every single year.

This is a great post, Three and I wanted to highlight the part in bold simply due to the fact that of all the things discussed on the board as to what is going to make the final difference tomorrow, I have yet to see anyone mention coaching.

IMO, it won't be our offense, our defense, or our ST's that wins the game for us, it will be coaching...If we can take advantage of their weaknesses better than they can take advantage of ours - we win...and that my friend, is coaching.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the same school that I went to, what year did he graduate? The name doesn't sound familiar. He said he was some kind of stud RB or something?

I'm not sure what year he graduated but he said he is 52 years old. Also said he was a state record holder in the long jump in addition to playing football. He mentioned a coach he said you would know named Dotson?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is a great post, Three and I wanted to highlight the part in bold simply due to the fact that of all the things discussed on the board as to what is going to make the final difference tomorrow, I have yet to see anyone mention coaching.

IMO, it won't be our offense, our defense, or our ST's that wins the game for us, it will be coaching...If we can take advantage of their weaknesses better than they can take advantage of ours - we win...and that my friend, is coaching.

Cool. You bolded the exact sentence that I would have. great minds again at work.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Harbaugh much better than Payton and I think in ten years or less we may see that he's better than Payton. But no one has mentioned coaching because Payton has to have the benefit of the doubt over the rookie. People would mention the on-side kick in the superbowl and the going for it every time* this year. Once that doesn't work out and we win because of his gamble finally not paying off, we may see coaching mentioned... then again, doesn't Harbaugh gamble? (When he's not playing Dallas)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. You bolded the exact sentence that I would have. great minds again at work.

Ha ha ha - Indeed!...

Nothing related to you two posters but I've never found a time to mention this without sounding like I was calling you idiots.

Great minds think alike. So do terrible minds (Terrible minds think alike) (though sometimes they can be creatively unfortunate).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Harbaugh much better than Payton and I think in ten years or less we may see that he's better than Payton. But no one has mentioned coaching because Payton has to have the benefit of the doubt over the rookie. People would mention the on-side kick in the superbowl and the going for it every time* this year. Once that doesn't work out and we win because of his gamble finally not paying off, we may see coaching mentioned... then again, doesn't Harbaugh gamble? (When he's not playing Dallas)

Harbaugh does gamble, the fake FG vs ARI & vs. StL and our own onside kick vs. the NYG...

I am of the mind that tenure on the sideline makes little to no difference in being able to 'outcoach' your opponent - but, we are about 15 hours away from finding out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh does gamble, the fake FG vs ARI & vs. StL and our own onside kick vs. the NYG...

I am of the mind that tenure on the sideline makes little to no difference in being able to 'outcoach' your opponent - but, we are about 15 hours away from finding out.

Oh, I agree about the lack of effect tenure has. However what I'm talking about is about "hearing it in the media" not about the abilities of Harbaugh out-Paytoning Payton. It isn't that the knowledge from 'years of experience' is what separates Harbaugh and Payton. It's that Payton has done it and Harbaugh has not. He will get his opportunity 1:30 tomorrow (PST). It certainly isn't Harbaugh's fault that he hasn't, since this is his first year. But objectively, I'd have to give Payton the nod until, say, February 5th around 7:30 PST? (Unless Payton does something really stupid, something worse than a Mike Smith/Garrett mistake) And again, I like Harbaugh better and think he is better and will be seen as better years from now, if not this year, but it's not going to be a story until Harbaugh does something in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I agree.I'm talking about "hearing it in the media" not about the abilities of Harbaugh out-Paytoning Payton. It isn't that the knowledge from 'years of experience' is what separates Harbaugh and Payton. It's that Payton has done it and Harbaugh has not. He will get his opportunity 1:30 tomorrow (PST). It certainly isn't Harbaugh's fault that he hasn't, since this is his first year. But objectively, I'd have to give Payton the nod until, say, February 5th around 7:30 PST? (Unless Payton does something really stupid, something worse than a Mike Smith/Garrett mistake) And again, I like Harbaugh is better and will be seen as better years from now, if not this year, but it's not going to be a story until Harbaugh does something in the playoffs.

Oh, Oh, Oh,...Got it!...Yeah, I think you're spot-on with that, '82!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Oh, Oh,...Got it!...Yeah, I think you're spot-on with that, '82!

Yeah... you seem to be the only one who refers to me as '82. It seems everyone says MHS, which for some reason I think it stands for some drug or multiple sclerosis. It's like someone calling you MW49e. Not that I mind being called MHS, I just think it's funny.

Another thing I noticed was seyheykid1 quoting himself to talk to EKMane. Not making fun of seyheykid, cause it isn't a bad thing, I just thought that was funny. Didn't think I should mention that in that thread because I could get struck by the crossfire. Though, have I opened myself up for some direct fire, here? Seyheykid1, I mean no harm!

By-the-way, I've quoted myself before when no one else bothered to. :kickingcan: Inconsiderate non-quoters! Don't they know I feel left out?

(P.S. I really only quote myself to follow up on a mistake I make but am too late to edit or that I said I would follow up with)

Last edited by a moderator: